POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is zero chance we want anything to do with Putin. He is still the same psychopath dictator that was despised by most of this country during the Bush era. He is essentially raping his country right now for his own personal gain, arresting or disappearing any and all opposition, he has suspended civil rights in the nation, and committed countless war crimes against several former Soviet states. And none of that includes what's going on in Syria right now. Putin is much closer to Stalin than he is to Gorbachev and getting into bed with him would be a fatal mistake.

Who did we get in bed with in the early 40's when we also had a common foe?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend", it's more than a cute catch phrase.
Sometimes world affairs require us to hold our nose, and deal with the bigger threat.

Reactions: MrLair
China scares me way, way more than Russia.

We can't beat China in a war on our own, they have too many people, and ALL those factories we in essence built for cheap shit, can be militarized over night.

We have the technological advantage currently, but that won't last in a long conflict.
We simply can't churn out planes, ships and pilots at the rate we did in 1944.

We can't beat China in a war on our own, they have too many people, and ALL those factories we in essence built for cheap shit, can be militarized over night.

We have the technological advantage currently, but that won't last in a long conflict.
We simply can't churn out planes, ships and pilots at the rate we did in 1944.

Bill, One on One, we'd kick China's mf'n ass.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...conquer-the-united-states?utm_source=vicefbus

Dylan Lehrke, Americas Armed Forces Analyst at IHS Jane's.:

However, one still does not conquer the soil. So we arrive at the same conclusion: as the world military balance stands today, even in the unlikely case that the entire world aligns against them, the United States could not be conquered. It can only be defeated. I suspect you had hoped for a more Red Dawn-type possibility but I can't offer one without stretching reality beyond the point of reason. We would have to bring in pure science fiction to make it feasible.

9NZkUA1rT0c5Z2SG_GGzuhf4R2nZmO_F2KEOQFYYdhk.jpg

Liberal's America
Sickening.

As someone born in 1986 and who cares far more about domestic policy than shit happening overseas, I don't really care about Russia.

I've admitted in the past I really don't pay attention to foreign policy details, I'd rather just stay out of that shit, but why can't we be buddies with Russia in 2017? I didn't grow up under the threat of nuclear war, so maybe I feel differently than you geezers, but I'd like to visit Russia one day and don't really hate them at all.

But as I said, maybe my perspective is different since I wasn't doing nuclear bomb drills in high school. You know what I was doing in high school? Watching planes piloted by Muslim terrorist fly into the WTC and kill thousands of Americans.

So you know what, if Russia hacked the election, whatever the hell that means, I'll send Vladimir Putin a thank you card. Because the other option in the election was backed by those same sons of bitches who backed the terrorists I saw live on September 11, 2001.

You lefties can have Saudi Arabia and their women beating gay hating terrorist supporting backwards ass radical Hilary Clinton supporting bullshit.

If the United States was in a position to have the election "hacked by Russia," (once again, whatever the f*ck that even means), well then the people who put the United States in that position need to be thrown out on their asses or in jail.

Bill, One on One, we'd kick China's mf'n ass.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...conquer-the-united-states?utm_source=vicefbus

Dylan Lehrke, Americas Armed Forces Analyst at IHS Jane's.:

However, one still does not conquer the soil. So we arrive at the same conclusion: as the world military balance stands today, even in the unlikely case that the entire world aligns against them, the United States could not be conquered. It can only be defeated. I suspect you had hoped for a more Red Dawn-type possibility but I can't offer one without stretching reality beyond the point of reason. We would have to bring in pure science fiction to make it feasible.

I disagree, we can't produce the highly technical machines at the rate required to beat a nation that has 5 times the population, and no regard to human life.

We couldn't beat them in 1951 when they were literally sending waves of unarmed men at us.

I don't think they could invade the US and win, thats not what I meant.

Is there a department that Obama's administration hasn't politicized?
The DoE knows the truth about low levels of radiation exposure. An exhaustive study during the 70's and 80's showed that exposure to low levels of radiation actually appeared to be beneficial. They paid over $10 million for the study and then attempted to bury the results when it didn't show what they wanted it to.

Here's a link to a story about it from 1991.

This is a link to a PDF of the study findings.

Results of the NSWS
Table 2 presents all-cause mortality results from the three groups of shipyard workers.
The cohort is split into three groups ranked by cumulative dose. The standardised
mortality ratio (SMR) for all causes of death of the cohort (SMR = 0.76) was 24% lower
(p< 10–16) than that of the 32,510 controls (SMR = 1.00) (Table 3.1.B. on p.301 of Final
Report). Among the cohort, 2,215 deaths occurred whereas 2,875.9 deaths would have
been expected (Final Report, p.328). Among the non-nuclear controls, 3,749 deaths
occurred whereas 3,685.4 deaths would have been expected (Final Report, p.332).

Not only did fewer of the exposed workers die from cancer, they also had less incidents of many other diseases, even suicides were lower. Draw your own conclusions, but don't be a science denier.

As someone born in 1986 and who cares far more about domestic policy than shit happening overseas, I don't really care about Russia.

I've admitted in the past I really don't pay attention to foreign policy details, I'd rather just stay out of that shit, but why can't we be buddies with Russia in 2017? I didn't grow up under the threat of nuclear war, so maybe I feel differently than you geezers, but I'd like to visit Russia one day and don't really hate them at all.

But as I said, maybe my perspective is different since I wasn't doing nuclear bomb drills in high school. You know what I was doing in high school? Watching planes piloted by Muslim terrorist fly into the WTC and kill thousands of Americans.

So you know what, if Russia hacked the election, whatever the hell that means, I'll send Vladimir Putin a thank you card. Because the other option in the election was backed by those same sons of bitches who backed the terrorists I saw live on September 11, 2001.

You lefties can have Saudi Arabia and their women beating gay hating terrorist supporting backwards ass radical Hilary Clinton supporting bullshit.

If the United States was in a position to have the election "hacked by Russia," (once again, whatever the f*ck that even means), well then the people who put the United States in that position need to be thrown out on their asses or in jail.

1987. And I feel the same way. My buddy's girlfriend is from Russia and she is cool as hell.

Reactions: Mashburned

Mother-touching RACK!

Reactions: Mashburned
There is zero chance we want anything to do with Putin. He is still the same psychopath dictator that was despised by most of this country during the Bush era. He is essentially raping his country right now for his own personal gain, arresting or disappearing any and all opposition, he has suspended civil rights in the nation, and committed countless war crimes against several former Soviet states. And none of that includes what's going on in Syria right now. Putin is much closer to Stalin than he is to Gorbachev and getting into bed with him would be a fatal mistake.

LMAO sounds like the USA.

Let me get this correct.

White Christmas and the song "Baby it's cold outside" are racist and rapish sp? Movie and song made back around WWII. OK.

So what about every ****ing movie Tyler Perry has made about black and white people. What about all the lyrics in rap and music since 1944.

Far more racist and far more pro rape and sex and drugs and killing and....

Rant ober. Liberals are ****ing like the aliens from Independence Day.

Reactions: Moopyj
I disagree, we can't produce the highly technical machines at the rate required to beat a nation that has 5 times the population, and no regard to human life.

We couldn't beat them in 1951 when they were literally sending waves of unarmed men at us.

I don't think they could invade the US and win, thats not what I meant.

Nope. They have no navy.

I've read several global battle bits from US military strategists and none of them have the US being conquered. You're buying into the China myth.

Nope. They have no navy.

I've read several global battle bits from US military strategists and none of them have the US being conquered. You're buying into the China myth.

I don't think the US would be conquered by China. I also don't think the US can win an extended war with China all by ourselves.

They have the people to simultaneously field massive armies, and field the workforce required to supply that army.
It would take less than a year to turn all those manufacturing plants into military plants.

You're correct on the Navy, we have a tremendous advantage there, right now. Although the Chinese now have their first Carrier, more will be on the way, and they also have 4 manmade island bases strategically located, but those are just short term fixes until their carrier fleet is up to snuff.

I see your point, as everything stands right now we are militarily much stronger than China, I just don't know how long that would last if a conflict actually occured and ships, planes and people were lost. Does the US population have the fortitude now to sacrifice like they did in WWII is another question. I believe most do, but it would take a full buy in by everyone, snowflakes included.

Reactions: MrLair
Nope. They have no navy.

China has a huge Navy... Of pointless out of date ships. We would crush them in a Navy battle. What scares me is the size of actual ground troops.

Reactions: Willy4UK

Here is the thing about the Russian scare, we were as much at fault as anyone for that. But cooler heads prevailed then as they should.

Our real history with Russia is that they were immensely a reason if not the reason we "won" WW2. They have pushed us competitively with the space programs and have worked with us several times throughout the course of our existence.

One could honestly argue Russia is our best ally.

So there is no reason to get wrapped up in the BS spewed all over the fear mongering TV about them. We know who they are and we are better with them than against them.

What's really going on is the whole world see's the US sliding out of top dog status globally so everyone is inching away at what they can in order to be better positioned for when we stupidly decide to try to throw our weight around and regain what we have lost.

Notice we have only taken on jobs/battles we had no chance of losing what so ever. Meanwhile countries that have no business with the power they have got it because our leader was either scared of, or trying to build a relationship with, or even felt America owed for what it had done in the past.

Right, Russia supplied us ammo and food as we fought for our independence.

I can go on with facts for days proving Russia could be argued as our best ally throughout history.

What does my age have to do with a thing? I can study history.

Right, Russia supplied us ammo and food as we fought for our independence.

I can go on with facts for days proving Russia could be argued as our best ally throughout history.

What does my age have to do with a thing? I can study history.

So, in 1945 it would have been preferable for you to be freed by the Russians to the Brits?

I don't think the US would be conquered by China. I also don't think the US can win an extended war with China all by ourselves.

They have the people to simultaneously field massive armies, and field the workforce required to supply that army.
It would take less than a year to turn all those manufacturing plants into military plants.

You're correct on the Navy, we have a tremendous advantage there, right now. Although the Chinese now have their first Carrier, more will be on the way, and they also have 4 manmade island bases strategically located, but those are just short term fixes until their carrier fleet is up to snuff.

I see your point, as everything stands right now we are militarily much stronger than China, I just don't know how long that would last if a conflict actually occured and ships, planes and people were lost. Does the US population have the fortitude now to sacrifice like they did in WWII is another question. I believe most do, but it would take a full buy in by everyone, snowflakes included.

Maybe if we went on the offensive. Then we may not be able withstand their production. But them coming here and taking over. Ain't happening.

Reactions: Moopyj
Love Germany and have spent a lot of time there in the last 20+ years. As a people they have been beaten down so much by the guilt of the Nazi history that they just avoid any signs of nationalism like the plague. Now, in an effort to be welcoming to everyone without thought of the consequences they are faced with nearly a million muslim refugees. Disaster.
Agree, spent 8 years there and they want no part of fighting anymore. So, they have adopted somewhat of a pacifist attitude.

China has a huge Navy... Of pointless out of date ships. We would crush them in a Navy battle. What scares me is the size of actual ground troops.

Welp, when they get crushed by our navy. They will have no way to bring them to the US.

Again, that's if they were on the offensive.

Things change if we go on the offensive. We can wear out our advantages.

Reactions: Bill Derington
So, in 1945 it would have been preferable for you to be freed by the Russians to the Brits?

You are absolutely awful at history or the truth.......maybe both but if you think the ally's overcame Japan/Germany for any reason other than Russia, you should study up.

I know Britain was an ally but in the end at the brink of losing/winning they could not get us over the hump.

Maybe if we went on the offensive. Then we may not be able withstand their production. But them coming here and taking over. Ain't happening.

I should've made my point clearer, I didn't mean come to US shores. China, nor anyone else aligned with them could.

Reactions: Willy4UK
You are absolutely awful at history or the truth.......maybe both but if you think the ally's overcame Japan/Germany for any reason other than Germany you should study up.

I know Britain was an ally but in the end at the brink of losing/winning they could not get us over the hump.

Russia bled in WW2. The Russians were far from essential. By July 1945 the US could vaporize Hitler and Berlin. The war may have been extended in Europe for 3 months without Russia.

Btw, Russia was involved in Korea and Vietnam on the other side.

Reactions: -LEK-
Krazy, I suggest you try harder to understand the western tradition. America-Britain-Holy Roman Empire-Byzantium-Rome-Greece have very few roots in Russia.

As to Russia supplying us in the revolution, has France been annexed?

Reactions: -LEK-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT