POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no. it only applies to the government. that document is to protect the citizens from the ruling government. it's a limiting of power.
it even says Congress shall make no law. it doesn't say there shall be no consequences. it says it can't be made illegal.
Ok lib. If we are going by letter of the law show me abortion and separation of church and state in the constitution.

There you go. When a cheerleader starts posting pictures that seem to endorse a hate group responsible for the death of thousands of Americans, you can rightfully assume it will disrupt the school environment, and the school can certainly suspend them from a school team.

It is a strange world when we have people saying that kids shouldn't suffer the consequences of their actions, and seemingly taking the side of Ku Klux Klan supporters at that.

Lets think about this for a moment. You are projecting a lot onto an incident you do not know anything about.

1. Three KU cheerleaders do a broHug in their Kansas "K" sweaters. They are photographed.
2. Someone else took that photo and added the comment "KKK Go Trump."

That is what we know. What we do not know is, did they decide to have 3 together making KKK the point of the picture? Was it just an unfortunate 3-some that was totally innocent? If so then the three guys did NOTHING wrong.

Now for the person who posted the photo with the comment. I can EASILY see that the person doing that HATES Trump and was making an offensive political statement that Trump is supported by the KKK and Trump supporters are racist. THAT is how it strikes me.

To say that the photo and the instagram was somehow glorification of the Klan...is frankly jumping to conclusions without facts....and certainly taking the wrong message from the picture posting.

Instapundit got called out for not addressing Trump's crazy tweeting. Thought this part of his reply was good:

"As for “Twitter meltdowns,” where have you been for the past two years? This is what Trump does, and it neither hurts him nor forecasts what he’s actually going to do. You’re being trolled and it’s working. Trump has basically lured Democrats (and a few #NeverTrump Republicans) into defending flag-burning, and reminded people of Hillary’s position in 2005. Sure, the idea is dumb and unconstitutional (as I said yesterday), but it’s a tweet, not a piece of legislation. And it also brings attention to the fact that the Dems haven’t been exactly friendly to people’s First Amendment rights on issues they care about. Now they have to publicly argue that you should go to jail for not baking a gay wedding cake, but not for burning a flag. To the surprise of many Democrats, this turns out not to be the popular position."

Emphasis mine. Can an entire party be tone deaf?

Uh... they did a posed picture where they posted "KKK". I suppose it could have been just a Kansas reference, but given the obvious history of "KKK," and that they added a Trump reference, and that the Klan's approval of Trump has been a public story this year, I think it is worth looking at. The University has suspended them from the cheerleading team while they investigate. If it turns out to be an innocent thing, I'm sure they will go back to cheering. If not, they get what they deserve.

Listen, you are the one who posted about the schools having the right to take action. Not sure why you would think a school wouldn't do that if it looked like a group of students who are a very public face of the University are posting smiling photos about the Klan.
Pretty sure the guys just stood together and it was a female that is also a cheerleader snap chatted the pic and added the text. Its pretty obvious it was a college aged joke that really isn't that funny. Dumb mistake that won't be duplicated by her anytime soon. This 100% should not be national news---she should be punished by her coaches for acting like a mindless idiot. No more, no less.

Lets think about this for a moment. You are projecting a lot onto an incident you do not know anything about.

1. Three KU cheerleaders do a broHug in their Kansas "K" sweaters. They are photographed.
2. Someone else took that photo and added the comment "KKK Go Trump."

That is what we know. What we do not know is, did they decide to have 3 together making KKK the point of the picture? Was it just an unfortunate 3-some that was totally innocent? If so then the three guys did NOTHING wrong.

Now for the person who posted the photo with the comment. I can EASILY see that the person doing that HATES Trump and was making an offensive political statement that Trump is supported by the KKK and Trump supporters are racist. THAT is how it strikes me.

To say that the photo and the instagram was somehow glorification of the Klan...is frankly jumping to conclusions without facts....and certainly taking the wrong message from the picture posting.

If that is what happened, I am sure they will be reinstated. Please note, I've been pretty careful with my language, because I don't know WHY they did this, or what the motive was...

"When a cheerleader starts posting pictures that seem to endorse"

"it looked like a group of students who are a very public face of the University are posting smiling photos about the Klan."

Not "did endorse," or "it was a group of students." As of now, the University suspended them from the cheerleading team to investigate. That's within their right, and the right thing to do. If it turns out to be innocent, great, they can rejoin the team and I hope everyone understands they were innocent. If it wasn't innocent, well, I have zero tolerance for racist folks.

And that's that. Once you have folks whining about "WHY ARE ISIS POSTERS ON CAMPUS OKAY?! STUPID LIBERALS!!" I have to bow out;)

If that is what happened, I am sure they will be reinstated. Please note, I've been pretty careful with my language, because I don't know WHY they did this, or what the motive was...

"When a cheerleader starts posting pictures that seem to endorse"

"it looked like a group of students who are a very public face of the University are posting smiling photos about the Klan."

Not "did endorse," or "it was a group of students." As of now, the University suspended them from the cheerleading team to investigate. That's within their right, and the right thing to do. If it turns out to be innocent, great, they can rejoin the team and I hope everyone understands they were innocent. If it wasn't innocent, well, I have zero tolerance for racist folks.

And that's that. Once you have folks whining about "WHY ARE ISIS POSTERS ON CAMPUS OKAY?! STUPID LIBERALS!!" I have to bow out;)

What if it was a post intended to call those who voted for Trump racist KKK supporters? You seem to be hung up on that the photo was to ENDORSE the Klan. Seriously? Do you really think any Trump supporter really wants to be associated with the Klan? Seriously? Trump should sue them for slander.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Instapundit got called out for not addressing Trump's crazy tweeting. Thought this part of his reply was good:

"As for “Twitter meltdowns,” where have you been for the past two years? This is what Trump does, and it neither hurts him nor forecasts what he’s actually going to do. You’re being trolled and it’s working. Trump has basically lured Democrats (and a few #NeverTrump Republicans) into defending flag-burning, and reminded people of Hillary’s position in 2005. Sure, the idea is dumb and unconstitutional (as I said yesterday), but it’s a tweet, not a piece of legislation. And it also brings attention to the fact that the Dems haven’t been exactly friendly to people’s First Amendment rights on issues they care about. Now they have to publicly argue that you should go to jail for not baking a gay wedding cake, but not for burning a flag. To the surprise of many Democrats, this turns out not to be the popular position."

Yes, and for 8 years too.

What if it was a post intended to call those who voted for Trump racist KKK supporters? You seem to be hung up on that the photo was to ENDORSE the Klan. Seriously? Do you really think any Trump supporter really wants to be associated with the Klan? Seriously? Trump should sue them for slander.

That's the point right there. It's hard to look at this and see it as an endorsement of the KKK.

The most likely scenario is someone seeing the photo and thinking, "HaHa, 3 K's together. Must be Trump supporters...lol."

Whether it was staged or not is nearly impossible to know.

If SNL pulled a similar gag, with 3 Trump supporting buffoons accidentally teaming up for this pic at a party, the skit may well be praised.

Out of context, it's hard to know the intentions, but I seriously doubt that they were sinister. Childish maybe.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Meanwhile... back in Trump's America... market's hitting another all-time high again today.

Trump's made more money for me in 3 weeks than Obama has in 2 years (S&P was up 1.40% in 2015).

Look at the S&P since he started to emerge as a contender a few days before the election:

YTD returns for the S&P 500

Nov. 29, 2016 10.06%
Nov. 28, 2016 9.89%
Nov. 25, 2016 10.45%
Nov. 23, 2016 10.02%
Nov. 22, 2016 9.93%
Nov. 21, 2016 9.68%
Nov. 18, 2016 8.87%
Nov. 17, 2016 9.11%
Nov. 16, 2016 8.60%
Nov. 15, 2016 8.74%
Nov. 14, 2016 7.91%
Nov. 11, 2016 7.90%
Nov. 10, 2016 8.06%
Nov. 9, 2016 7.84%
Nov. 8, 2016 6.65%
Nov. 7, 2016 6.19%
Nov. 4, 2016 3.88%
Nov. 3, 2016 4.05%
Nov. 2, 2016 4.48%

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
"Perceived" lol

I always get a chuckle from the Freedom of Speech thing. Sure, I can go into work, go on a racist rant. I won't go to jail for it but I might get fired for it. I'm trying to figure out if they were mocking about Trump and the perceived racist attitude he has or were they being serious. It looks like the school took it as a serious stance, but I think it was just a tasteless joke.

Reactions: The_Answer1313

Good read. 538 had a similar piece today. I guess it's the new digital age, combined with a potuse that says what's on his mind before pitching it to focus groups, etc; like a normal person.

I initially hated his tweeting when he won. But if the pattern holds and it's just his personal opinions and not always the end policy; I'm ok with it.

Reactions: Willy4UK
That's the point right there. It's hard to look at this and see it as an endorsement of the KKK.

The most likely scenario is someone seeing the photo and thinking, "HaHa, 3 K's together. Must be Trump supporters...lol."

Whether it was staged or not is nearly impossible to know.

If SNL pulled a similar gag, with 3 Trump supporting buffoons accidentally teaming up for this pic at a party, the skit may well be praised.

Out of context, it's hard to know the intentions, but I seriously doubt that they were sinister. Childish maybe.

Exactly. In fact SNL has done similar stuff in the past. There was a kids show skit where they did this.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/snl-jingleheimer-junction-891912

320x240_10.jpg

I don't know. Yes, some Trump supporters want to be associated with the Klan; the Klan itself has come out and endorsed him more emphatically than any other candidate I can remember.

Listen, I've been really clear.

A) the initial picture I believe is worth a look, given what it says
B) it is within the University's rights to suspend the students while it looks at it
C) the University is investigating
D) if it was nothing, they should obviously be reinstated, and if it WAS some sort of strange race thing, they should get booted.

The idea that Trump should sue some kids for a snapchat thing is bizarre as can be.

I don't know. Yes, some Trump supporters want to be associated with the Klan; the Klan itself has come out and endorsed him more emphatically than any other candidate I can remember.

B) it is within the University's rights to suspend the students while it looks at it
D) if it was nothing, they should obviously be reinstated, and if it WAS some sort of strange race thing, they should get booted.

The idea that Trump should sue some kids for a snapchat thing is bizarre as can be.
You are so totally disillusioned that they should take away your right to vote,if you think Donald Trump supports the KKK,you've been indoctrinated by the far left and need to be reeducated

Reactions: westerncat
Funny Libs like to spew about Fake News sites,but you won't find one mention that the Somalian guy who drove his car into students and attacked them with a knife at Ohio State U was a Muslim with ISIS ties from Pakistan on any major network,the American Left has control of the national media and is just as bad as the strictly conservative websites.

Is there any doubt Trump is pulling a big time troll job move on Romney right now? I just cannot believe Trump would allow someone who said the nastiest things about him get one of his most important cabinet positions.

Some? How many? 5 ? 10? 100? Seriously. I think Bernie said it best, " millions of people voted for me. If I have to take responsibility for everybody who voted for me, it will be a very difficult life." I'm sure you'd agree with Bernie that tying the support of a fringe handful of kooks to Bernie or Trump is intellectually dishonest.

A) its better to ignore stupidity.

B_C I agree

D) Seriously? You must agree with Trump in regards to penalties for flag burning.

Looks like a hit job to me. Someone still upset over Trump obviously using the photo to generate a story. Anyone suspended over this should and most likely will be reinstated.
On a side note, didn't Trump disavow the KKK and reject their endorsement?
Would be nice to have seen Obama publicly do the same re: Black Panthers.
Instead, his DoJ actually dropped the charges of voter intimidation brought against that group in Philly.

The Klan has something like 8,000 members now nationwide.

The only thing their endorsement of Trump provided was shock value for the media.

What other organization with 8,000 members received so much national attention?

That's around .002% of the population.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
The biggest thing I disagree with is suspending the students BEFORE the investigation. There are consequences for actions, however, those consequences should only come into play AFTER said consequences have been proven to have occurred.

Look up Duke Lacrosse (yes, I hate Duke but those KIDS didn't deserve what happened) where student athletes were expelled based off allegations. Later, the court found them innocent after the prosecution admitted they lied about what the ex-students did. Innocent until proven guilty has gone to the wayside and we as civilians are all potential victims if we don't stand together.

Most certainly this was meant as a jab towards Trump & his supporters since Liberal filth is running rampant on this campus. A year in jail & losing American citizenship should be the consequence of this most devious endeavor. Deportation should also be on the table.

No ,I'm pretty sure the Bill of Rights is in effect country wide and applies to all of us,I guess interpretation of the 1st Amendment could vary=
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I can't see where it does not apply on a College Campus ,of course Liberals attacking the Constitution would like you to think it only applies in certain situations,but if we do that we all lose OUR FREEDOM eventually.
People who are for jailing people who burn the flag are now wrapping themselves in the Constitution. LOL!

Reactions: sambowieshin
No ,I'm pretty sure the Bill of Rights is in effect country wide and applies to all of us,I guess interpretation of the 1st Amendment could vary=
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I can't see where it does not apply on a College Campus ,of course Liberals attacking the Constitution would like you to think it only applies in certain situations,but if we do that we all lose OUR FREEDOM eventually.
Try going into your job every day and saying "F" you to your boss...then say, "Freedom of speech dude". See where that gets you. Freedom of speech doesnt mean you can spout racist garbage or whatever you please with no consequences.

Reactions: Agent_Zero
Lol... Zero chance that you have any influence on that.

Zing, you got me. I was trying to make everyone think I have Trump's ear.

Not sarcastically point out the fact that handing out special favors to the hand picked winners and losers is exactly what everyone complained about with Obama.

The Klan has something like 8,000 members now nationwide.

The only thing their endorsement of Trump provided was shock value for the media.

What other organization with 8,000 members received so much national attention?

That's around .002% of the population.

Exactly. I've seen more like 5,000 but to your point...the reason they have any publicity at all is due to the left. They live only in the heads of the liberals who need them to scare black folks into voting democrat. There is no other reason they exist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT