POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that's true how am I supposed to truly hear the Word of God and convert? Sounds like a loophole.
There's no loophole and there's no trick; salvation is available only to those who seek it.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”b

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

22Jews demand signs and Greeks search for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,c 24but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom,d and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.

The steps of a [good and righteous] man are directed and established by the Lord,
And He delights in his way [and blesses his path].

When he falls, he will not be hurled down,
Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand and sustains him

Psalms 37 AMP

He did not support abortion and said it without beating around the bush. Judge Bork answered every question without hesitation and without apologizing. He was not argumentative and did not raise his voice. He was honest about his Judicial philosophy. That was the nail in his coffin.

Ted Kennedy and his baby killers won the day but they rejected the most brilliant judicial mind of the last century. I watched every second of it and when he was rejected I went down to the Voters Registraion office and officially changed my registration from Democrat to Republican. Ted Kennedy and Biden were horses asses in that hearing. The entire Democrat Party as well

I don't remember the details, but also thought he was railroaded, he had a great resume and was certainly qualified to be on the Court. In those days, that kind of contentious hearing was pretty unusual, but has become the SOP these days.

So Sex Trafficking is on par with the unicorn of teaching sex in a classroom because that's also evil. How much mental gymnastics is required for this thinking?
None, because the job of a general
Education teacher is not to “teach sex”.

Even a sex ed teacher teaches biology. Not insane gender mumbo jumbo.

This is incontrovertible: steering a minor into discussions about sex is grooming, by definition.

I could care less if a black woman is on SCOTUS. of course I could also care less if a bunch more old crusty white guys are there. They make like a half dozen rulings each year that have no effect on my life.
u8lg4wmfu9s81.jpg

Good God, the man is a mumbling shell. How can anyone be for continuing to prop up this poor, sick man? I believe his philosophy and policies that result are about as wrong-headed as one can be. But, he's barely coherent and it's repugnant for the Dems to keep propping him up as 'the leader of the free world' when he can hardly stand up on his own two feet and read the teleprompter.

It does not say that we are to hand over anything to government for redistribution. That was the contention. You pasted the text for us all to read and it clearly doesn’t say that.
It clearly instructs exactly that, to give up your wealth for redistribution to those in need. Example of two different rich men from different books.

Matthew:
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Luke 19:
1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Jesus clearly states, and reiterates, that it's exceedingly hard for the rich to be saved. The only way the one guy barely makes the heaven cut is to give half his wealth immediately for redistribution and pay restitution to everyone he's ever wronged. The first guy didn't even get there by following the Commandments, he had to give up his wealth for redistribution to the poor.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
It clearly instructs exactly that, to give up your wealth for redistribution to those in need. Example of two different rich men from different books.

Matthew:
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Luke 19:
1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Jesus clearly states, and reiterates, that it's exceedingly hard for the rich to be saved. The only way the one guy barely makes the heaven cut is to give half his wealth immediately for redistribution and pay restitution to everyone he's ever wronged. The first guy didn't even get there by following the Commandments, he had to give up his wealth for redistribution to the poor.

Like I said, it's simply not possible for you to understand.

We already live in a social democracy where wealth is redistributed to the poor sufficient such that they are not hungry or lacking clothing and shelter. Even the drugged out homeless have shelter and food available to them should they seek it, but they simply prefer not to due to the nature of their addictions.

Reactions: P19978
I suspect the consequences far surpass competition in collegiate sports. The enemy of free speech will follow her beyond college. She will likely face cancellation that is not limited to eligibility in sports. The opposition lacks an open mind and is unaware of or not concerned with the Dem’s political cognitive dissonance.
Great but sad points.

Matthew:

Luke 19:

When Jesus talks about giving up wealth it comes from a place of love & charity, not state mandated confiscation for redistribution. And the whole point of the parables you referenced were not about redistributing wealth. It was about submission, trust, & self sacrifice. It just so happens a lot of people in power or with money have a hard time letting go of it. Jesus asked them these things because it offered them an opportunity to show their true faith and if they were willing to submit everything to God, not because they shouldn’t have money. Believers ARE called to use their resources to help the less fortunate. That doesn’t mean agreeing to be taxed to death so politicians can misuse funds. The Bible is clear that money isn’t evil itself, but the love of money is the root of evil. You’re just pulling scripture out of context again. I’ll give you a tip for future reference, in the parable of the sower, Jesus wasn’t teaching people about gardening practices.

Matthew:

Luke 19:

Dion interprets the Bible. 😬

When Jesus talks about giving up wealth it comes from a place of love & charity, not state mandated confiscation for redistribution. And the whole point of the parables you referenced were not about redistributing wealth. It was about submission, trust, & self sacrifice. It just so happens a lot of people in power or with money have a hard time letting go of it. Jesus asked them these things because it offered them an opportunity to show their true faith and if they were willing to submit everything to God, not because they shouldn’t have money. Believers ARE called to use their resources to help the less fortunate. That doesn’t mean agreeing to be taxed to death so politicians can misuse funds. The Bible is clear that money isn’t evil itself, but the love of money is the root of evil. You’re just pulling scripture out of context again. I’ll give you a tip for future reference, in the parable of the sower, Jesus wasn’t teaching people about gardening practices.
The passages I linked are interactions with the populace, not parables. He even uses a metaphor with the camel and needle eye to reinforce his point. I gave the full passages in context, not out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT