POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine living in 2022 and being upset about gay people getting married.

I can only reach two conclusions:

Religion is a cult based on a stupid myth
Deeply rooted homophobia is still alive and well and is a few generations away from dying out.

I’d like to hear one reasonable argument against gay marriage that doesn’t involve sky daddies, invisible space faries or ancient novels.

The “can’t reproduce” argument is horse shit for many reasons, mainly because we can’t care for all the children alive now. Maybe quit humping for a bit or shoot it on her face or something. Secondly gays can adopt (in states where religious prudes don’t create bigoted legislation to force us all to live by their favorite book). Adoption is that thing the pro-lifers always talk about but rarely do as evidenced by an overrun foster care system.

Reactions: Nbacats and J_Dee
You love your judgmental proclamations.

He’s right. Why do some of y’all care so much about what others do in their private lives? Does a gay person getting married affect your life in any meaningful way? No.

I live my life by my rules and don’t care at all about what you do in your home as long as all parties are consenting and are of legal age.

Bobby Bowden retired at 80 and JoePa was 85, neither guy could really remember player's names at the end and were just figureheads as they were so old. Sounds similar to the oval office.

That was just college football. This is legit world issues that matter. RBG was the same way. That woman wasn't there in the end either and her proxies were writing her shit. By no means, should someone this old be in a position of leadership.

The school choice issue is very important to me. It's amazing how the left claims to be pro choice but that's really only in regard to abortion because when it comes to everything else, they try to force their bullshit on you- mask, shot, your school, your taxes to fund their BS, etc.

Kids should not be locked into garbage schools because of imaginary lines. Oh, and public schools have never been hurting for funding. We have thrown so much money at it and it never does anything. But the admins making six figures sure love it.

Bobby Bowden retired at 80 and JoePa was 85, neither guy could really remember player's names at the end and were just figureheads as they were so old. Sounds similar to the oval office.

That was just college football. This is legit world issues that matter. RBG was the same way. That woman wasn't there in the end either and her proxies were writing her shit. By no means, should someone this old be in a position of leadership.
That's why an age limit and term limits are badly needed.

He’s right. Why do some of y’all care so much about what others do in their private lives? Does a gay person getting married affect your life in any meaningful way? No.

I live my life by my rules and don’t care at all about what you do in your home as long as all parties are consenting and are of legal age.
Why some y’all judgmentally create strawman arguments for others all the time?

And, why all the moralist crap about your and others’ opinions?

In general, an age limit would be seen as un-American, and in the employment context it would be illegal. There are plenty of "older" people capable of serving in a "position of leadership". It depends on the person.

Deeply rooted homophobia is still alive and well and is a few generations away from dying out.

I’d like to hear one reasonable argument against gay marriage that doesn’t involve sky daddies, invisible space faries or ancient novels.

The “can’t reproduce” argument is horse shit for many reasons, mainly because we can’t care for all the children alive now. Maybe quit humping for a bit or shoot it on her face or something. Secondly gays can adopt (in states where religious prudes don’t create bigoted legislation to force us all to live by their favorite book). Adoption is that thing the pro-lifers always talk about but rarely do as evidenced by an overrun foster care system.
Stop being so narrow-minded and judgmental. Geez, why can’t you just state your opinion about a subject without all the ad hominem? We get that you and your “rules” take high order in your life. Quit judging other’s opinions by your “rules” as if they are some edict.

To those in Texas, Florida, Utah and Tennessee...please stay strong and don't let the liberals fleeing LA/SF, Chicago and NY ruin your areas like the areas they are now leaving. Stand Strong.
I know of at least 2 conservative/Repub votes moving to California (won't help much). My little bro' is moving from Atlanta to La Quinta (just S. of Palm Springs). Unfortunately he's fighting Parkinson's and the hot, dry, desert climate is evidently good for him. Makes him feel much better.
So he put his house on the market in Atlanta yesterday. On his way up here to Ohio for, sadly, probably his last time. Having a family get together tomorrow with him, his wife, my older bro' and his wife, and my nephew and his wife.
Kind of sad.

Sounds like a bigoted Christianphobe here.

Why some y’all judgmentally create strawman arguments for others all the time?

And, why all the moralist crap about your and others’ opinions?
Not sure you know what a straw man argument is. I’m not making a straw man. I’m saying you’re kind of a dick

Not sure you know what a straw man argument is. I’m not making a straw man. I’m saying you’re kind of a dick
I am confident you don’t know what a strawman argument is. And, I know that you think people who give your crap back to you are dicks. You’re a moralist, the new Moral Majority, and people who disagree with your “rules” get called names. You and your ilk have made that clear.

Stop being so narrow-minded and judgmental. Geez, why can’t you just state your opinion about a subject without all the ad hominem? We get that you and your “rules” take high order in your life. Quit judging other’s opinions by your “rules” as if they are some edict.

Mind your own business and don’t worry about how others live (with the disclaimers mentioned above) SHOULD be an edict. If more people followed that mantra the world would be a better place.

Edit: I see this thread has been merged to crazy town. Probably belonged there in the first place.

Y’all take care. FJB!!

Strong societies depend on stable family units. That unit in nearly every society, ever, has been a form of marriage between a man and a woman.

Our society is imploding because of the decision to make it easy to get out of marriages, and to have the government subsidize births out of wedlock. That happened 50 years or more ago. It predates any conversation about gay marriage.

So, any movement that further erodes the institution of marriage is bound to harm society. It’s not debatable.

Gay people are citizens. They deserve the same legal rights as any citizen. But marriage is a separate institution, period. Changing its’ meaning (to include any kind of arrangement, not just gay people), has a predictable result, just as surely as no-fault divorce and welfare.

Gay marriage is truly a small issue compared to the much greater one, the destruction of the family and the multi-generational misery that comes from it.

05a1caeaea3baee8.jpeg

Here is the "too simple" argument whether you understand it or like it: if it is such a good thing, then everyone do it. Wont be an issue in one generation bc everyone would be gone.

The reality is most conservatives dont give 2 chits what someone prefers, esp in theor own home or life. Just do not force them to believe or accept it as normal. Libs cannot accept that freedom is a 2 way street.

Strong societies depend on stable family units. That unit in nearly every society, ever, has been a form of marriage between a man and a woman.

Our society is imploding because of the decision to make it easy to get out of marriages, and to have the government subsidize births out of wedlock. That happened 50 years or more ago. It predates any conversation about gay marriage.

So, any movement that further erodes the institution of marriage is bound to harm society. It’s not debatable.

Gay people are citizens. They deserve the same legal rights as any citizen. But marriage is a separate institution, period. Changing its’ meaning (to include any kind of arrangement, not just gay people), has a predictable result, just as surely as no-fault divorce and welfare.

Gay marriage is truly a small issue compared to the much greater one, the destruction of the family and the multi-generational misery that comes from it.
10 times more eloquent and deeper than my pithy response lol.

What does he mean, "will see when you're there....." ? Did he say the quiet part out loud again or is he having a twilight moment? I swear, this dysarthric jackass is going to land us right in the middle of a war that no one wants.

he already has entered in the war to cover up his and his son’s crimes

well your last sentence is a bit of a grey area for liberals these days.

not far off. But that was a damn fun trip. 4 months before 9/11. Got to go inside the White House, the Capitol, and the Supreme Court. Went to to the National Archives and saw the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Despite the awfulness of politicians, if you love America you should certainly take a trip.
In '79, we were on vacation & as part, went to DC. Went to Capitol & they were giving a tour. Instead we walked right in by a side door & toured on our own. Try doing that now.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Before Covid, I loved walking around DC at lunch time and sliding into a museum that didn’t have a line.

The archives is usually good for that about 9 months out of the year. I also like the gift shop there.

About six weeks ago, I walked by and there was a sign that read, “Timed Entry Ticket Required for Entry.” There was no line.

Kind of ruined it for me. 😢

I walked to Shake Shack and drowned my sorrows in a cheeseburger
The insurrection caused that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT