POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think what is most frustrating to me about the issue with trans people is that it seems to be all or nothing anymore. I struggle with the sports issue so I don't have a solid 100% opinion. On one hand I do have a trans friend and she is great and I have zero issue with calling her a woman. In my experience with her she really feels that she is a woman. Call it what you want but that is how it is. On the other I totally understand that it really isn't fair that someone that is born biologically a male has an advantage over biologically born women in pretty much every sport. I wish there was a way to be all inclusive and all but I don't know what that solution is.

Now, take my mother on the other hand. She feels the same way as me about trans people (at least she says she does). She even said that when I was a kid watching Jerry Springer and laughing at the 'trannies'. She said to me "If someone feels that they are a woman trapped in a mans body, why would you judge them for that?". My deceased grandfather said pretty much the same thing to me. However my mom also thinks that trans women should not be allowed to compete against biological women in sports because she says it's unfair.

Is my mother 'transphobic'? 100% no. She loves and supports them. Leave out sports and she'd be considered a champion of trans rights. But once you put sports in there she all of a sudden becomes a bigoted hate monger.

That is total BS and unfair
Net, you're OK with them counting as a female when companies are deciding to hire more women for whatever reason? Like they need female jackhammer operators? Or females that can lift 40# bags all day?

'Trump Favorablity 59%
Biden Favorablity 47%

-This is the first time President Trump has had a majority of the country say they have a "Favorable" view of him. That means they like him. Extraordinary!'

I wish Trump would spend a great deal of time watching old interviews, speeches, clips, etc of Reagan.
If he could/would emulate Reagan....he would absolutely be unbeatable.
Getting banned off twitter has probably done as much to help DJT as china joe's "performance".

FOdRJ19XEAAJTQ_

Where is all the "woods"?

The US doesn't have the oil reserves to sustain hyper production. If we had spent the last 50 years not importing oil we would be dried out. All the oil is in south America and the middle east. Everything left in north America is really ****ing expensive to get to and also destroys the land and poison the water table. The only viable solution for the US is a shitload of nuclear and electric cars. 70% of our oil use is transportation. Cut that in half and oil isn't an issue anymore.
m70xh26cnzo81.jpg

Every decent person prior to 20 years ago thought homosexuality was a mental disorder and marriage was between a man and a woman. Now everyone who disagrees is a bigot. This is the relativity of morality without an immutable God as the standard.
And 60 years ago it wasn't exactly an uncommon belief that blacks were an inferior race than whites, so what's your point?

There's nothing Christian about that dude. That's like proclaiming to be a vegan but then eating cheeseburgers. LOL. That cousin is an array of bad decisions.

But I'm in agreement about what divorce/infidelity does to families. It's awful and it sucks for those who weren't the ones that destroyed it (other spouse/children). Blows my mind how selfish people can be. I don't think any government acknowledged thing makes much difference. All about stability and taking care of your family.

What I will say in regards to the gay male community (can't speak to the other side) is that nearly every gay male I have known is incredibly promiscuous, has an open marriage, and about 75% of them talk about nothing but sex (sexual jokes). Not all; just a lot.
This is exactly what discrimination means. I know a hand full of gays, and they act this way, so I must assume all gay men act this way. No different than when "a black man stole from me, so I assume all black people steal." How many gay males are you talking about? Let's assume you have known 50, that is 50 of an estimated 3.8-7.1 percent of all males in this country. Stereotypes create disriminatory behavior.

This is exactly what discrimination means. I know a hand full of gays, and they act this way, so I must assume all gay men act this way. No different than when "a black man stole from me, so I assume all black people steal." How many gay males are you talking about? Let's assume you have known 50, that is 50 of an estimated 3.8-7.1 percent of all males in this country. Stereotypes create disriminatory behavior.
Lol.

You know there’s pretty big studies about such a thing, right? Do you wonder why homosexual men are at a much higher risk for HIV?

The human mind notices patterns. Not my problem if you have no reading comprehension and are offended by stating a common occurrence.

Last edited:
Generalization of stereotypes to individuals leads to discriminatory behavior. Stereotypes, however, are not a figment of some dude’s imagination. In fact, the stereotypes promoted by much of the gay community does harm to many gays when considered prerequisites for being gay. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen gay advocates tell a friend to be quiet about gay issues because he is “a cisgendered white male” when he is a gay man who defies the gay community’s own required norms. Because he is not defined by his sexuality, he defies the “gay community’s” own imposed precepts. He lets them think what they want, but has a good laugh. Stereotypes are based in a reality, just not everyone’s reality.

Lol.

You know there’s pretty big studies about such a thing, right? Do you wonder why homosexual men are at a much higher risk for HIV?

The human mind notices patterns. Not my problem if you have no reading comprehension and are offended by stating a common occurrence.
The reason for higher rates of HIV in gay males isn’t promiscuity. Not the primary reason anyways. But yea, I’d say since guys typically have higher sex drives that gay men probably get laid more than anyone. But that also doesn’t necessarily correlate to your argument that married gay men are more promiscuous leading to higher rates of divorce. Data doesn’t support that.

Also, this conversation isn’t just about gay men. Plenty of lesbians in the world.

And I like lesbians.

You sure about that? Have you not noticed the outrage over Florida’s law banning discussing sex in school with children younger than 3rd grade? Seems like most people would agree with that but the outrage has been deafening.
The Florida Law is very interesting to me and even though I am a liberal I fully support the law.

The reasons are I do not want something foolish like "Creationism" taught to kids and so in order to be consistent I don't want anything that smacks of partisan nonsense being taught in the classroom.

Life is tough enough for kids now as the world comes at them fast with the internet and all the things they have to contend with that we never did. I don't know how they navigate the mixed confusing and conflicting world they find themselves in.

So our job is to make sure to the best of our ability that school is a refuge from that. Offer traditional learning and you'd better have a rock solid reason to deviate from that. No need to teach them about homosexuality or indoctrinate them into religion. Let children be children before the right wing or left wing get ahold of them.

The 2nd amendment has an important part you are forgetting, well regulated.

Letting everyone have guns without any regulations on it is not well regulated, that’s actually called lack of regulation.

Y’all gun nuts want to regulate the shit out of voting but don’t want any regulation on guns when the US is the gun violence capital of the world. Sad!
Lmao. Do you even know how stupid you look when type these words?

The only regulations we want on voting is showing an id to vote and never having unregulated mail in voting.

Show an id to buy a gun regardless. Fine. I will trade you tit for tat across the board on those. But you won't. You can't cheat on elections with true voter id laws. So you won't fold

I know this will not be received well among my conservative friends here but marriage as an institution has never been about religion. It has never been about a Holy union or God. Ever. Marriage has always been about the distribution of family assets. In every single culture for all times.

1000 yrs ago or 100 yrs ago...i have this land I have this ability to produce this or that. Long before our time now of cookie cutter homes with no yards assets mattered maybe more than now. If I let my my kid marry your kid we needed to come to an agreement that our asset allocations matched. Because letting that happen meant your family now just bought into what I have built. Your daughter marrying my son gave your future rights to my assets.

So marriage was never about christian values or religion at all. Research your history.

But because of that it was also never about 2 dudes or 2 girls either. Because their relationship could not reproduce a next generation.

Gay marriages didnt happen because you could not continue your family wealth or potential wealth growth by having 2 humans who were incapable of reproduction.

I dont have a right answer in today's world. I am not that smart or egotistical. But Marriage was never founded on religion. Or ever meant for same sex. It was always about assets. In its original application. Distribution of wealth and property. That's it. That's history. Get over it.

I know this will not be received well among my conservative friends here but marriage as an institution has never been about religion. It has never been about a Holy union or God. Ever. Marriage has always been about the distribution of family assets. In every single culture for all times.

1000 yrs ago or 100 yrs ago...i have this land I have this ability to produce this or that. Long before our time now of cookie cutter homes with no yards assets mattered maybe more than now. If I let my my kid marry your kid we needed to come to an agreement that our asset allocations matched. Because letting that happen meant your family now just bought into what I have built. Your daughter marrying my son gave your future rights to my assets.

So he marriage was never about christian values or religion at all. Research your history.

But because of that it was also never about 2 dudes or 2 girls either. Because their relationship could not reproduce a next generation.

Gay marriages didnt happen because you could not continue your family wealth or potential wealth growth by having 2 humans who were incapable of reproduction.

I dont have a right answer in today's world. I am not that smart or egotistical. But Marriage was never founded on religion. Or ever meant for same sex. It was always about assets. In its original application. Distribution of wealth and property. Thats it. That's history. Get over it.

1000 yrs ago or 100 yrs ago...i have this land I have this ability to produce this or that. Long before out time now of cookie cutter homes with no yards assets mattered maybe more than now. If I let my my kid marry your kid we needed to come to an agreement that our asset allocations matched. Because letting that happen meaned your family now just bought into what I have built. Your daughter marrying my son gave your future rights to my assets.

So he marriage was never about christian values or religion at all. Research your history.

I dont have a right answer in today's world. I am not that smart or egotistical. But Marriage was never founded on religion. Or ever meant for same sex. It was always about assets. In its original application. Distribution of wealth and property. Thats it. That's history. Get over it. Not one single

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT