Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cvd-b3OXgAAj8gX.jpg

Rack this shiz!

Reactions: screwduke1
Don't know. Probably as good as the odds are that a few of the "many" being made were made digitally.

Almost certainly at least some (many? most? all?) of the threats were made digitally (by that, I assume you mean email/Twitter/etc). But I'm saying the odds of finding the threat makers are very low.

Yep. That's how you know this is a completely fake story

There's at least three ways to make threats against a Jane Doe off the top of my head. The threat story may or may not be fake, but I don't think this is the killer evidence you're looking for.

79- wait. You're actually entertaining the thought of "jane doe"? Ha ha

I'm taking no position at all, which is why I explicitly put in things like "may or may not be fake." I'm just saying that it's possible to make threats against a Jane Doe, so the claim that the threat story shows "this is a complete story" is not true. It is weak evidence, sure, but hardly the slam dunk that giddy posters are making it out to be.

Reactions: Willy4UK
What happened?
Bret Baier saying that an FBI source told him "at least 5" foreign actors hacked Hillary's server and that there's a "99% chance" they would push for an indictment.

It feels like we've had more FBI leaks in the past 10 days than we have during most 4-year administrations. This is surreal.

while I didn't watch the report, it's interesting what that leak *doesn't* claim. as @Bill Cosby has repeatedly pointed out, a hacking by a foreign actor is not the bar set by Comey for an indictment recommendation.

There's at least three ways to make threats against a Jane Doe off the top of my head. The threat story may or may not be fake, but I don't think this

Point being, you can't threaten an unknown person. It's not possible. Nothing that would warrant any sort of announcement being cancelled.

Now if the person had info against hillary, then I'd be very concerned

Point being, you can't threaten an unknown person. It's not possible. Nothing that would warrant any sort of announcement being cancelled.

Now if the person had info against hillary, then I'd be very concerned

1) You can threaten an unknown person through that person's known associates. In this case, a lawyer. I'm not speculating on the credibility of the threat, and I doubt your ability to credibly armchair analyze it either. 2) There are at least 2 ways to ascertain the identity of Jane Doe - sealed court documents and sleuthing/knowledge of who was at the time/place where the alleged rape took place. Look, I don't care what you think about Jane Doe's claims (and I am not taking any position on them), and now I just don't care if you can or cannot see the obvious.

Reactions: -LEK-
1) You can threaten an unknown person through that person's known associates. In this case, a lawyer. I'm not speculating on the credibility of the threat, and I doubt your ability to credibly armchair analyze it either. 2) There are at least 2 ways to ascertain the identity of Jane Doe - sealed court documents and sleuthing/knowledge of who was at the time/place where the alleged rape took place. Look, I don't care what you think about Jane Doe's claims (and I am not taking any position on them), and now I just don't care if you can or cannot see the obvious.

Those are all theoretically possible. Just not realistic.

Some twitter bully has inside info from the courthouse and can glean info from sealed docs? In theory, possible. In Lloyd Christmas terms, yes there's a chance.

It's not realistic. Even assuming its partially true, it's certainly not real enough to cancel an announcement.

I saw some talk of H1B visas yesterday, and just wanted to throw out there that those things are horrible. The people who take those need the visa to stay in the country, and employers are able to offer a "prevailing wage" which is substantially less than what they would offer a US citizen. Once the company starts to think about hiring someone with that agreement they start trying to craft the case that they have "highly specialized skills that we can't find anywhere".

I have a masters in statistics, so it isn't uncommon to compete with that discount and hear the hiring folks start describing these super skills.

Look, I'm done engaging in this. Once again, a simple and limited point - that the fact that she's publicly known as Jane Doe does not mean there can be no threats against her - is now speculative drivel about the who/what/how of the supposed threat(s). It's just odd that a lack of knowledge (about the threats) leading to rampant speculation ("twitter bully" and "Nothing that would warrant any sort of announcement being cancelled") is being used as evidence that the whole claim is BS. Perfectly fine to think so (and likely correct), just weird to see the justification being the threat angle.

Paddock gonna Paddock.

Ben Shapiro is speaking at the University of Texas tomorrow night. I live in Austin. Can't wait to see him make fun of leftists in person.

Look, I'm done engaging in this. Once again, a simple and limited point - that the fact that she's publicly known as Jane Doe does not mean there can be no threats against her - is now speculative drivel about the who/what/how of the supposed threat(s). It's just odd that a lack of knowledge (about the threats) leading to rampant speculation ("twitter bully" and "Nothing that would warrant any sort of announcement being cancelled") is being used as evidence that the whole claim is BS. Perfectly fine to think so (and likely correct), just weird to see the justification being the threat angle.

Paddock gonna Paddock.

Noone says a threat is justified. I just don't think there's a viable threat, and I think it's obvious this is a manufactured headline.

Guess you're too smart to see it

Ben Shapiro is speaking at the University of Texas tomorrow night. I live in Austin. Can't wait to see him make fun of leftists in person.

Be prepared for chaos from protestors. When he tried to speak at CSULA multiple reporters were assaulted and they pulled a fire alarm. Had to sneak people in the back to get in.

I'd want to heckle him, if I was there. He's "with her". A NeverTrumper. Though, at this point, he may see the writing on the wall and turn on her.

I'd want to heckle him, if I was there. He's "with her". A NeverTrumper. Though, at this point, he may see the writing on the wall and turn on her.
You obviously don't follow Shapiro much. He routinely blasts Hillary and people that support her. He's honest in his opinions on Trump. He says when he does good things and says when he does bad things. He's been pretty clear on his hatred for Hillary and fellow Democrats. Hell, he has a book outlining the crimes of the Obama administration.

Be prepared for chaos from protestors. When he tried to speak at CSULA multiple reporters were assaulted and they pulled a fire alarm. Had to sneak people in the back to get in.
I'll be prepared for it. I'm not there to debate with anyone else. I want to hear what he has to say. I don't care about the people that are upset he's there. UT's campus has had some interesting political happenings the past few months. They had protestors protesting the gun laws with sex toys and then they had an affirmative action thing held by a conservative group that got a little news here. I'm sure there will be some people protesting Shapiro being there.

I'll be prepared for it. I'm not there to debate with anyone else. I want to hear what he has to say. I don't care about the people that are upset he's there. UT's campus has had some interesting political happenings the past few months. They had protestors protesting the gun laws with sex toys and then they had an affirmative action thing held by a conservative group that got a little news here. I'm sure there will be some people protesting Shapiro being there.

Are you taking a weapon?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT