POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Qwesley---after Wikileaks, I can't see how Podesta could be effective as SOS or in any highly public position. Way too much damage and scrutiny. But....I've been wrong before....

'73...I'm sure there are laws in place to postpone the election in certain extreme situations, but the blowback would be massive under the current circumstances. Just because the Dems nominated someone that may be criminally corrupt...that's their mistake. There's no way they would postpone the election if the same were to be found of Trump. You also have the conflict between the Federal Government and the States....it's my understanding that voting is managed by local state authorities, not the federal government. You could basically have the Executive Branch declaring a postponement and have state governments carry out the election in spite of it. (Again--I could be dead wrong on this as I'm not a Constitutional scholar.)

Qwesley---after Wikileaks, I can't see how Podesta could be effective as SOS or in any highly public position. Way too much damage and scrutiny. But....I've been wrong before....
nah. if no one ever talks about wikileaks, if no one ever mentions anything he said - it's like it didn't happen. He'll always have the New York Times.

I kid you not. If Hillary can lose and the Dem establishment get completely exposed, outside of my wedding and kids birth, it will be the greatest day of my life. To see justice actually served would be incredible.

And to destroy the media and the gov't corruption in one swoop would be icing on the cake.
The problem is though, the GOP is just about as bad. That is the reason the voters voted in someone who is not part of either machine. Republicans as a whole are tired of the mess and finally stood up on their side of it. Those elected in recent years have not done what was expected and I for one am glad this has come about. It is about time we saw our government for what it is both democrats and republicans. Hopefully, dems will finally realize the scum they have been backing lately and take enough note to join a movement that needs to oust most of these corrupt politicians.

Serious question...can the election be postponed?

suppose so, but the 20th Amendment clearly states that terms begin/end on Jan. 20th

also the 12th Amendment creates a difficultly with the March 4th deadline. Something like "if the house does not elect a president when they have a 'right of choice' by 03/04 of the following year then the Vice President becomes president." I am certainly no constitutional scholar, but this appears that it is a requirement to attempt to achieve a 'right of choice' in time for new term to begin on Jan. 20th. so "delayed" . . . the constitution would not allow it by very much. I am certainly no authority on the subject. Armchair scholars chime in please.

So how long will the Mexican standoff last?

Everyone banking on most people being distracted with Halloween tonight, so not wanting to drop their goods today?

Reactions: MrLair
the election date - first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, or whatever - was established by Congressional action in, looks like, 1844. So would take an act of Congress to amend that. Likelihood of that happening in a week is nil. Too much machinery in place to be moving stuff around.

All of that is a guess, by the way.....

CwH5IKgUMAAYwG2.jpg

Interesting find on another board that has also seen a huge drop off in Hillary supporters.....maybe there's a reason we haven't seen some of our old liberal friends around....(No confirmation if this is true.)

"A friend told me that her Cousin, works for a
3rd party company for the Hillary Campaign.
She said that they are not going to pay all
the trolls online anymore, they are Broke and
need the money for other things now."

the election date - first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, or whatever - was established by Congressional action in, looks like, 1844. So would take an act of Congress to amend that. Likelihood of that happening in a week is nil. Too much machinery in place to be moving stuff around.

All of that is a guess, by the way.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Day_(United_States)
bill was being debated as late as Dec.1844 - whether passed that year or next is pointless. . . you appear correct

Interesting find on another board that has also seen a huge drop off in Hillary supporters.....maybe there's a reason we haven't seen some of our old liberal friends around....(No confirmation if this is true.)

"A friend told me that her Cousin, works for a
3rd party company for the Hillary Campaign.
She said that they are not going to pay all
the trolls online anymore, they are Broke and
need the money for other things now."
[jumpingsmile] [roll] :cool2: [banana]

What if the numbers aren't going down? I mean how would they know?

And are we talking down from 12 up or the 4 up a few days ago.

I'm pretty sure there is 0% 80% of her cult care.......needless to say she may end in a David karesh fashion......I hope!

Dems that are trying to rationalize this by saying reps do it too are missing the point of why Trump is our candidate. He isn't a part of the machine. He isn't a lifelong politician who has accomplished absolutely nothing besides spending our money and asking for more. The problem isn't just with dems, it's with everyone referring to these career criminals as "public servants". Bullshit. Trump is going to try and install term limits. Are we smart enough to help him?

Doesn't seem unreasonable for a man who makes taxpayers fork over 70-80 million dollar rental fees each time he wants to vacation on Martha's Vineyard, and never did the media judge him for it. Yet, each me either Bush president went to his own home to relax on his own dime the media would scrutinize it to no end. Seriously people, it's been since the 70s since we last elected a democratic president that owned his own home. Think about that.

Lmaoooo is that a fact?

Bloomberg TV ‏@BloombergTV 34m34 minutes ago
A new poll suggests the FBI's renewed Clinton email probe isn't eroding her support among Democrats http://bloom.bg/2dUaTDz #WDYM

[banana]
Of course it's not, and no one should have expected anything else. She could directly state there are three historical heros are Fidel Castro, Stalin, and Nero, and it would not matter a whit to her base. My hope is that it causes a percentage of her soft supporters to think of staying home or voting for Johnson or Stein, that it causes a percentage of the NeverTrump cuck types of vote for Trump instead of staying home or voting for Johnson or Stein, and causes a swing among the remaining undecided. He was probably going to win anyway; this should ice it, absent another damaging video or some kind of last minute gaffe.

Well clinton sure tried to f*ck up Halloween for the children of nky. Nice of her to force the closure of a highway at the exact time parents were trying to get home from work.

Left work early. I don't have kids but wanted no part of that traffic shit show.

Man, I wish this thing would never end.

I'm going to be sad when it's over.

It was fun for me for awhile. Now I'm just completely pissed off about what has been going on with HRC and the pathetic left wing media.

Lmaoooo is that a fact?

oh, so I took some creative liberties . . . like the media does . . . hate me. But the home boy has cost the taxpayers 80 million dollars so he can Live. It. Up. And for some reason he needs to spend 8 million on air travel each time to Martha's V alone. here's some stats http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...tch-obama-travel-cost-taxpayers-79-5-million/

and yes, he doesn't own a home . . . that is a fact. Neither did the Clintons. Maybe that's why they felt so at ease renting out the Lincoln Room for a few hundred thousand dollars for expensive sleep-overs, money that went to their re-election funds and other corrupt means. When Hillary is POTUS, she'll rent out the Lincoln Room for a 1/2 million dollars a night (maybe more) to some of the seediest f'kers on the globe, put that money in her "Clinton Foundation" . . . and people who vote for her will convince themselves of how moral she is for doing it. scum

Well clinton sure tried to f*ck up Halloween for the children of nky. Nice of her to force the closure of a highway at the exact time parents were trying to get home from work.
Why is she even bothering? She has no shot in Ohio now...

Go home and sleep, crooked bitch.

Carville is such a dipshit.

I mean if NOTHING comes from this then I guess it could be a conspiracy against her but it would seem there is maybe .001% chance of that since a warrant has been issued.

Reactions: ymmot31
Carville is such a dipshit.

I mean if NOTHING comes from this then I guess it could be a conspiracy against her but it would seem there is maybe .001% chance of that since a warrant has been issued.
How can he say the FBI is attacking democracy when that bitch attempted to destroy evidence in a federal case? Why did they say the FBI was doing the right thing when they let Hillary skate, knowing full well she had broken the law? James Carville doesn't even know what democracy means. He knows politics. Two different things.

Reactions: UK till Death
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT