ADVERTISEMENT

Player that frustrated you the most?

Pelphrey should have been guarding the out of bounds guy
Can’t disagree. Kentucky should’ve been able to tip that pass away and I think that was the plan. I believe they just froze, being afraid to foul anyone.

Pelphrey was railroaded with fouls even worse than Mash was. It was so bad, it was unconscionable, the way that game was called. Sure seemed like they tried to get those two guys in particular out of that game. I’m convinced of that.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Really? It’s the toe on the line thing I bet. That was bad.

Most infuriating player to me by far has been wheeler. Just an absolutely annoying situation start to finish. The guy should have never had a Kentucky uniform on and Calipari convinced him he was Russell Westbrook. Then the spectacles of his wife wearing his jersey. The fake injuries. The fake surgeries. The lies, constant lies.

A short point guard that can literally only pass a ball and has horrid defense. All of this nonsense for that. Makes no sense.

Wheeler is definitely in my top 3 most disliked UK players of all time. And it was so damn cringe, and I hate the word cringe.
Yeah he stepped out of bounds like 50 times lol. Wheeler is easily number 2 now!

I rewatched the 95 Maui championship game the other night. Rhodes was a baller in that game against Arizona.
I talked to Rhodes roommate. I asked him if Pitino asked Rhodes to calm down his game. He told me that Rick told him to step back and let Mash shine. He kinda stepped back and never got back to how he started off here. Folks say I am crazy but I am telling the truth. Rick kinda broke his spirit. I think RR might have been kinda fragile and needed encouragement more that a slap down!!

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He
I’ll throw in a vote for James Blackmon. Thought he would be great and never panned out.
He was not a superstar but a good player on a talented team. He scored 866 points but was a poor free throw shooter. Pretty good backcourt with Harden, Davender, and Blackmon.

He

He was not a superstar but a good player on a talented team. He scored 866 points but was a poor free throw shooter. Pretty good backcourt with Harden, Davender, and Blackmon.
Yes, I thought he would be able to take over games but just never could do so.

Isaiah Briscoe
How many times a game would he dribble the baseline, only to step out of bounds??
2 times a game?
3 times??

Hon. Mention
Saul Smith
Tom Heitz (that is, when he would get to play)
Briscoe for me. Every time he dribbled under the basket, he stepped out of bounds.

I'll also add, Brad Calipari's "look at me" fashion choices on the sideline and on the court (diaper shorts), was beyond annoying.

He was annointed the next Mashburn. #1 player in class.

Not calling him a bust but vs hype he was extremely disappointing. Breakout game then would disappear for two weeks.

Career 42%/33%. He honestly never got better IMHO between Freshman and Junior year.
My most vivid memory of Rhodes was him bricking his late FT against Arkansas in the SECT championship, and then being on the bench and unable to watch as Anthony Epps calmly sank his to win the game. After that, he was 11-27 from the field in the NCAAT and finished with his UK career.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT