ADVERTISEMENT

Player that frustrated you the most?

Can’t believe it hasn’t been said but Isaiah Briscoe.

Can’t count how many times he stepped on either the baseline or side line. Omg.

Runner up, but I love him, Nick Richards. Again. Can’t count how many bunnies he missed that made me yell “You’re killing me Nick!”
Briscoe was my first thought as well.

For me it was Archie Goodwin. That team wasn't very good but he would always try to play 1 on 5. If I had a dollar for every time he drove into the lane for want amounted to a 5 on 1 trap and force up a shot, I would be rich.
Archie is probably the worst passing guard, maybe player, I've ever seen at Kentucky. Basically, one way or another, Archie was good for a turnover.

Top 5......Madison, Rhodes, Poy, Rob Lock and the entire 2020-21 team.

Rob Lock did overcome that his last year.
As you said, Lock was better his senior year. One thing I remember about Lock was that I'd bet he drew more charges than any UK player I have ever seen. There's no way to track that but it always stuck out to me.

Good choices have been mentioned. Archie is one of my top 3 least liked Cats in my lifetime of watching. I didn’t mention him because he was always exactly what he showed himself to be from the start. I guess he didn’t have much to work with around him, but the dude gave off toxicity. Boston fits that mold too, but somehow Goodwin was worse. I guess the difference is that Archie was truly resentful and negative, while BJ just didn’t care. I can kinda understand being an 18 year old that’s disinterested because he knows he’s going to get paid.

fRlbaTM.jpg

Good choices have been mentioned. Archie is one of my top 3 least liked Cats in my lifetime of watching. I didn’t mention him because he was always exactly what he showed himself to be from the start. I guess he didn’t have much to work with around him, but the dude gave off toxicity. Boston fits that mold too, but somehow Goodwin was worse. I guess the difference is that Archie was truly resentful and negative, while BJ just didn’t care. I can kinda understand being an 18 year old that’s disinterested because he knows he’s going to get paid.
Yeah, I always thought Goodwin was bad and got very upset when he drove into no man's land. However, I later realized if he didn't try to get the ball in the hoop nobody would have.

Remember when Martinez spit the honker on that guy?
I looked for it, but couldn’t find it

The way I remember it he talked about it in a post game interview

Gotta add another name to the list that hasn’t come up yet…James Young. I didn’t know a guard could be that bad at passing a basketball until Young arrived. Yes, Archie was first, and is one of least favorite Cats ever, but I can at least say he didn’t have much to work with.

Reeves is somehow worse than both of them. Try not to get pissy over me saying so. I like Reeves a lot. I’m glad he’s on the team. He’s really good at what he’s really good at; running an offense with the ball in his hands is not one of those things.

While I appreciated his effort, Archie Goodwin barreling down the lane and dribbling off his leg or plowing into a defender for an offensive foul was pretty frustrating to watch.
The human bowling ball. Nobody knew how to charge quite like Archie. When in doubt, he’d just put his head down and go barreling toward the rim regardless of how many defenders were in front of him.

Although, in his defense, he was put in a tough situation by being forced to often play out of position at the point (thanks to Harrow’s issues). Archie’s season would’ve gone better if he’d been allowed to stay at the wing spot.

I'll toss Alex Poythress into the mix. He had uber athletic ability, but never really used it on a consistent basis. We just got to see flashes of it.
Oh man, I've been watching for 40 years and he's on top of the list. Especially on defense. I've never seen a dude as athletic and talented as him just stand and admire soft layups right in front of him. Time. After. Time.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
Brandon Boston.
No feel for the game. Couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. Too skinny to finish through any contact. And the thing that frustrated me the worst was that he was a ball hog and didn't understand the concept of passing a ball to someone else. But he was a 5 star, so he got ridiculous amount of minutes. But, like a lot of players, my frustration isn't so much directed at the young man, as much as the coach that gave him far too long of a leash.

Derek Hord. Had a decent career, but I always expected much more. Thought he'd be great.
Joe B. Hall ruined Derek Hord. Instead of reinforcing him positively, Hall was on him criticizing him during the last half of Hord's junior season like Hall was beating a rented mule ! ! ! Unmercifully, all the time. Absolutely broke Hord's spirit and ruined his entire game ... as evidenced by Hord's senior season. I thought Hord would be great, too ... and he was headed that way during the first half of his junior season, and he would have been great ... and then ... Tragic ! Just tragic !

Let’s leave Keion out of this one because he’s been discussed enough recently.

What UK player most frustrated you for either not living up to their potential or not living up to their hype? (Leave Sharpe out too)

The first name that comes to my mind is Poythress. I think he stands above others in my mind because I genuinely liked the guy. I wanted him to be as good as he occasionally showed that he could be.

As far as players that came in with a lot of hype and completely flopped, Rasshad Carruth. I’m sure Askew and Skal will be names still burning on a lot fans tongues.
Rob Locke

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
In terms of hype vs results I'd have to go Rod Rhodes overall.

In terms of potential that went wasted I would say Desmond Allison. He had a ton of potential.

Reactions: STL_Cat
In terms of hype vs results I'd have to go Rod Rhodes overall.

In terms of potential that went wasted I would say Desmond Allison. He had a ton of potential.
I don't get the Rhodes bashing. Rhodes was a freak. Avg double figures on loaded teams. Sure he wasn't an all American but far from a bust

I don't get the Rhodes bashing. Rhodes was a freak. Avg double figures on loaded teams. Sure he wasn't an all American but far from a bust

He was annointed the next Mashburn. #1 player in class.

Not calling him a bust but vs hype he was extremely disappointing. Breakout game then would disappear for two weeks.

Career 42%/33%. He honestly never got better IMHO between Freshman and Junior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT