ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington COULD be the next Terrance Jones

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
I know their game is a bit different, but what I mean is that PJ Washington hasn't really showed us how stout his play can be. PJ is not looking like a NBA caliber player yet. I don't know if he will reach that potential at the end of the year or not. But in some ways he does remind me of Terrance Jones. Making a ton of freshman mistakes, his mind is not really focused sometimes.

Hear me out. I feel like PJ is one of the ones to be a two a done player, like Terrance Jones. Work his tail off during the off season and become a MONSTER. When you watched Terrance Jones his sophomore year who could guard him? He was a beast on the boards and could take it to the rim. I feel like PJ has that opportunity if he's a two year player.

What makes this exciting IF this happens, is that we have a caliber player coming back. Cal's recipe for success at Kentucky should be a mix of one and done's and two and done's. But the two and done's needs to be starters from the prior season. If we have PJ, Vanderbilt, and either Green or Alexander coming back with our current recruiting class with Zion Williams... oh boy...a championship would be in the air.

Reactions: IrishMike409
How the heck do you lose 15 pounds in 17 days! He should write a dieting book. Lol.

eating too much...have 9-10 lbs of shit inside oyu...

You start eating clean and you shit better. LOL. I lost like 5-7 lbs like that before and i am not 6'8".

anyways, i think PJ can be more of a 15 - 8 - 4 kind of guy. Just need to build one foundation at a time. I think he should be 2 and done, so that he can build this versatile foundation for him.

I sure hope he comes back, but he's got size and skills, and the more he improves the more his potential draft stock rises. And yes how does one lose 15 lbs. in 17 days? Being young I guess. I'm 60 and can gain 15 lbs. in a weekend that will take me 3 months to lose.

He needs to work on his ball handling, shot blocking, defense and shooting to be the type of player Terrance was for us.

Can he get there, most definitely. He needs another year to get to that level, but will it be at UK or the NBA?

Reactions: brianpoe
Looked a bit like a different player today. Outlier or start of an upward trend? Hopefully the latter.

Jones was a monster, double double machine his first year. great game by PJ today and we need him to be the 3rd best player on the team for this squad to be as good as we want, but he has a long ways to go be on Jones' level

He needed to get quicker and he accomplished that...good for him. I always thought he had a great looking stroke...nice to see 9-9 from the line. If we can get him and Knox to play well at the same time, look out.

I agree with op I think by Feb. Washington will be a much better player. He just needs to work on his shot & if he does this you could see him getting close to double double player.

I dont see PJ ever being TJ. The 2 inch height difference makes the difference. TJ had attitude that I dont see in PJ. i see PJ more as a Ron Mercer type player. Mercer was a great player but never had that killer instinct. Thats PJ

TJ at this point of his freshmen was looking like the #1 pick. He was absolutely killing it. Averaging like 25 and 10. He was dominating better than any freshmen in UK history...he had the best Nov/Dec of any UK OAD. I remember the UK - UofL game where Pitino was so keen on stopping him, they tripled team TJ and Jorts destroyed UofL that year...

I don't think we all realize how great TJ really was. He easily could have gone his freshmen year and the only thing that did and hold him back was his mental status which is questionable to this day.

Reactions: brianpoe
TJ at this point of his freshmen was looking like the #1 pick. He was absolutely killing it. Averaging like 25 and 10. He was dominating better than any freshmen in UK history...he had the best Nov/Dec of any UK OAD. I remember the UK - UofL game where Pitino was so keen on stopping him, they tripled team TJ and Jorts destroyed UofL that year...

I don't think we all realize how great TJ really was. He easily could have gone his freshmen year and the only thing that did and hold him back was his mental status which is questionable to this day.

TJ had some issues! Didn't be burn a homeless man's box or something like that?

Wait. Pj lost weight? Why? 234 at 6"7 is big but not BIG in a Kennedy Meeks way. Losing 15 pounds would put him at 219 which is relatively light for a 4 man. Granted he played well today so that makes me look dumb but I like him at 230 to bang with bigger post players.

Then again I thought Bam looked like a brick shit house at 258 and him dropping 15 pounds turned him into a double double machine.

he already has the flex after every play like Jones....what else do u want? lol

Hahahaha, yeah, definitely has that part done. PJ actually played much more confident yesterday. Would like to see him finish a lil bit better

ADVERTISEMENT