ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington gets out of Charlotte

Montana81

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Traded to the Mavericks for a Tennessee player (Grant Williams) A duke player (Seth Curry) and a 2nd rounder.

Not in love with Doncic or Kyrie tbh. I think Doncic is a little too ball dominant. Great player but probably ices out his teammates at times. Was hoping he’d go somewhere he’d be featured more. But it’s better than being stuck in charlotte where UK players careers seem to go to die. And he’ll surely be a starter for Dallas.

Wish Richards would have gotten traded too.

Made sense for Charlotte to move PJ with Miller and Bridges playing so well.

Traded to the Mavericks for a Tennessee player (Grant Williams) A duke player (Seth Curry) and a 2nd rounder.

Not in love with Doncic or Kyrie tbh. I think Doncic is a little too ball dominant. Great player but probably ices out his teammates at times. Was hoping he’d go somewhere he’d be featured more. But it’s better than being stuck in charlotte where UK players careers seem to go to die. And he’ll surely be a starter for Dallas.

I agree....him playing with Luka alone will make him more relevant. Charlotte is just a pothole to play in....you just get overlooked unless you're unreal great....to which PJ isn't an elite player.

Too bad for my son. For Christmas I got him 2 tickets to his first NBA game )and hotel room), to watch Booker’s Suns visiting the Hornets with Richards and would have been PJ.

Probably a good trade for both teams; it's kind of a 1st round pick for three 2nds. Dallas improves their starting lineup and for Charlotte...does it even matter?

Reactions: Montana81
Glad to see Williams going to the sinkhole that is Charlotte. Can't stand that guy.
I also love the fact that PJ clearly had way more value. It’s vindicating.

I thought Williams winning poy over him in 2019 was so bogus. Williams got a crazy “star” whistle for 2 straight years in SEC play. PJ was easily the more dynamic player as a sophomore though.

That is freaking awesome! I’m so happy for him. I think it’s hilarious that they traded Williams, they must really want PJ. Good for him.

Reactions: FirewithFire
Too bad for my son. For Christmas I got him 2 tickets to his first NBA game )and hotel room), to watch Booker’s Suns visiting the Hornets with Richards and would have been PJ.
Still be awesome to see Book and Richards anyway. Not to mention Phoenix is playing great and getting to see Durant while he’s still amazing is cool.

I also love the fact that PJ clearly had way more value. It’s vindicating.

I thought Williams winning poy over him in 2019 was so bogus. Williams got a crazy “star” whistle for 2 straight years in SEC play. PJ was easily the more dynamic player as a sophomore though.
I can’t believe they traded Williams this soon after just signing him to a multi year deal over the summer.

Reactions: K_TIME
I can’t believe they traded Williams this soon after just signing him to a multi year deal over the summer.
This is what I don’t get as well

Used to be if you inked a bad contract…you just had to get over it and keep it. Now you trade it for not first round picks…but the new thing is second round picks….which I do t get.

What are the great players that came from second round? I’m sure there are some….but if the list is like 3 dudes over 3 years….that js literally 1%. So I why does charlotte want that over PJ …and now they are stuck wjtb a lesser player in grant Williams? Makes no sense from charlotte

Reactions: Fox2monk
Dallas wanted PJ this summer but he was restricted so the hornets just matched and kept him so they could trade him later.not sure grant would have even been there if not for that

Used to be if you inked a bad contract…you just had to get over it and keep it. Now you trade it for not first round picks…but the new thing is second round picks….which I do t get.

What are the great players that came from second round? I’m sure there are some….but if the list is like 3 dudes over 3 years….that js literally 1%. So I why does charlotte want that over PJ …and now they are stuck wjtb a lesser player in grant Williams? Makes no sense from charlotte
A top 5 pick in the 1st round is worth way more than 3 2nd round picks but if the 1st round pick is #20 or later you're just as likely to come up with a good player with the 2nd round picks. There are ususally some good foreign players that have just signed contracts and if you draft one of them you can let them mature and wind up with a good player in 2-4 years.

Reactions: Fox2monk and K_TIME

I’d assume because Williams is on a pretty team friendly deal realitive to the rest of the league. He shoots like 38% from 3 which they liked. PJ is making 15 million a year and his Deal is almost up so I assume they wanted a player locked up for a couple years on a cheaper deal, and got some picks with it as well. I read an article that said Williams was not liked in the locker room(shocking I know!)

Reactions: K_TIME

Well just recently Jackson Davis and Braden Podiminski from the Warriors were great second round picks. Oscar is looking like a decent pick but he can’t get any PT on a pretty stacked Pacers line up but he’s murdering the G league and they keep calling him up. Nick Richards was a solid 2nd round pick just from us as well. Jordan Norwa from UofL was a good one.

Over the last 15 years here are a couple great picks of the second round.

Malcom Brodgdon
Khris Middleton
Dillon Brooks
Goran Dragic
Mark Gasol
Danny Green
Draymond Green
Nikola Jokic
Deandre Jordan
Patty Mills
Isiah Thomas

Last edited:
Reactions: ukfan1622
Can't help but laugh at the memory of Jimmy Butler destroying Williams in last yrs playoffs. Warmed my heart lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT