ADVERTISEMENT

PJ’s comment about staying or going after today’s scrimmage

What if he’s not garranteed anything? Lol

Does he take the chance and stay in anyways?

I mean is that really how this works? Do teams actually tell players we are definitely taking you? Lol

Just got a CBS feed staring PJ was day one standout. Not sure if that gets him to first round. One day either way should not dictate his draft status. You would think NBA GM’s would want a larger body of work

What if he’s not garranteed anything? Lol

Does he take the chance and stay in anyways?

I mean is that really how this works? Do teams actually tell players we are definitely taking you? Lol
There will be plenty of opportunities for him to talk to scouts, advisors, Cal, etc., and evaluate the information. I’d say he’ll have a pretty good indication. Of course, there have been “guarantees” in the past that have really cost players.

Really got to let these play out, no matter what you expect. The only bad outcome is when guys empty out with bad feedback regardless. This hasn’t happened yet, though

Reactions: brianpoe
I'm sick of the blue balls treatment this is worse than lebron and the decision I wish he would just be told my 32 nba gms to go back to uk and end the fiasco.

I love pj but he's wasting his time he's not a first round pick I just hope he comes back with the same heart and desire and not the feeling of rejection

Reactions: ulismyman
Teams aren’t going to tell him to go back to school, or that “you ar a guaranteed 2nd round pick. They will either say “we are considering you in the 1st round” OR “we are not considering you in the first round”. So sounds like if 1 team says they are considering him he is gone, if none do he is back.

Teams aren’t going to tell him to go back to school, or that “you ar a guaranteed 2nd round pick. They will either say “we are considering you in the 1st round” OR “we are not considering you in the first round”. So sounds like if 1 team says they are considering him he is gone, if none do he is back.

That isn’t what it sounds like to me. And all due respect, but you have no idea what exactly teams tell him or Cal.

Reactions: chroix
This is about as positive as news could be. No one is going to guarantee him a first round selection. And only the most foolish or disreputable organization would send out signals that they "might" draft him when he wasn't a real priority -- that would make you lots of enemies, including Cal.

As for the glowing game reports, not much context but it sounds like a glorified pick up game.

I'm sick of the blue balls treatment this is worse than lebron and the decision I wish he would just be told my 32 nba gms to go back to uk and end the fiasco.

I love pj but he's wasting his time he's not a first round pick I just hope he comes back with the same heart and desire and not the feeling of rejection
I'm so sorry for you. It must be a really difficult time in your life.

He saw what’s up day one and knows he’s going back to UK. Preparing everyone. He knows where he stands by know. I feel like it’s gonna be the three (Well 4 wenyen x2) amigos announcing to return together

I thought this was an encouraging quote from him, but the crew at KSR remain convinced that he is gone even after this quote from him. Strange.

Probably means no Reid Travis, but PJ will be a monster if he returns.

Should average 14 and 12 next season.

No one guarantees end of first round guys anything. The only people who get guarantees are high lottery guys in exchange for them to stop working out with other teams and that's very rare.

Just saw were athletic scholarships at Uk were worth 84,000 per year! Do the math with food, board, school versus the possible outcomes! G league 30,000 Cal could stop all our speculation in a heartbeat by telling the press / athlete that we are recruiting over you! I am sure this is happening as we speak in private with each one of them! Cal will not be left not knowing!

Just saw were athletic scholarships at Uk were worth 84,000 per year! Do the math with food, board, school versus the possible outcomes! G league 30,000 Cal could stop all our speculation in a heartbeat by telling the press / athlete that we are recruiting over you! I am sure this is happening as we speak in private with each one of them! Cal will not be left not knowing!

i think you should seek help for your opioid problem

Funny. I'd guess probably 50 players get "1st round guarantees" every year. Again, NBA GM's would rather have a bigger pool to choose from. They don't care if 50-100 players who have no business entering the draft go undrafted and are looking for a team elsewhere.

tenor.gif

These guarantees are as worthless as commitments in football. If somebody higher on the team's board unexpectedly falls and are still available they will take that player over you even though they gave you a "guarantee." It's like that in football recruiting too where the player gives the school a guarantee but if something better comes along a lot of times they will take it.

Reactions: morgousky and kev69
These guarantees are as worthless as commitments in football. If somebody higher on the team's board unexpectedly falls and are still available they will take that player over you even though they gave you a "guarantee." It's like that in football recruiting too where the player gives the school a guarantee but if something better comes along a lot of times they will take it.
Spot on. Of course, players may hear 25 people tell them to go back to school, but they will listen to the one blowhard that says otherwise,

I thought this was an encouraging quote from him, but the crew at KSR remain convinced that he is gone even after this quote from him. Strange.
If KSR says he is gone then I suppose we all need to say our good-byes. They have all of the inside information and give the rest of us what they think we can handle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT