ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated Tennessee

UT is legit. Matter of fact, they deserved to be in the number 1 position instead of duke. Really no justification as to why they aren't.

That being said, they're gonna lose to us next weekend. That should move us up to the 1 seed line.

you are right.....we suck
No ones saying Tennessee isn’t a top 5-10 team. That’s a fact. They haven’t proven they are #1 though. That’s what the argument was. Slap your resume on an Ole Miss and tell me they are ranked #1 with same results. Nope they’d be 4-7. Not that hard to understand. Yes Tennessee has won all the games they were supposed to but they are 1-1 against top competition. As stated we shall see how they come through the stretch of tougher games they have upcoming. 2-4 losses in the next 9 is realistic for them.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Why does everything have to be an arguement ? Hell im a VOL fan sporting a KY Avatar because I lost a bet ! Let’s have fun and not fight over stupid stuff! Yes TN is my team and will probably get hammered Saturday but it won’t take away the fact we have had a good year .

There is no reason to discredit Tennessee. I don't care what their record is they will be sky high for UK. Remember they beat us in Rupp last year with basically the same team they have this year. Except they are more experienced.

We have to be ready to play and I think we will be. If we knock off the number one team it will help our over all season considering what we did when we played Duke. But this is not the same team that played Duke.

No ones saying Tennessee isn’t a top 5-10 team. That’s a fact. They haven’t proven they are #1 though. That’s what the argument was. Slap your resume on an Ole Miss and tell me they are ranked #1 with same results. Nope they’d be 4-7. Not that hard to understand. Yes Tennessee has won all the games they were supposed to but they are 1-1 against top competition. As stated we shall see how they come through the stretch of tougher games they have upcoming. 2-4 losses in the next 9 is realistic for them.
1-1 vs top competition? What qualifies as top competition? If you’re talking top 15 teams, you’re 1-1 as well.

Reactions: VFL1970
I agree with you, but UK is 2-1 (KU and UNC). Actually, Auburn might have been top 15 when we beat them too.
You’re right. 2-1

I prefer to look at where teams are now. KU’s win over Marquette at the beginning of the season didn’t look like much at the time, but we now know that was a really solid win.

Look, we lost to Alabama and Seton Hall, not to mention being ass pounded by Duke. However, I believe we’re legit contenders right now despite this.
You’ve been making the “ass pounding” reference way too much recently. Your sexual preferences have no place on a basketball message board bro.

The verdict is not in on Tennessee yet. I don’t think they are a Final Four contender.
Are we seeing a trend here? We have some SEC teams that no longer play winning football moving support to basketball. Welcome Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Miss St fans!

Maybe. Maybe not.

I won’t be shocked if we lose at Rupp. Won’t be shocked if we win.
This is what we get on the Kentucky basketball board when Tennessee becomes the 4th best football team in the SEC East.

You’re right. 2-1

I prefer to look at where teams are now. KU’s win over Marquette at the beginning of the season didn’t look like much at the time, but we now know that was a really solid win.
I prefer to judge teams based on where they were ranked at game time.

Injuries happen.

If you played Michigan State in December, they had Langford, a 15ppg player. They don't have him now.

Auburn has been without a key big guy for a while too. That has to greatly affect their team.

Cats need to stop the Turner kid who beat us last year with the 3 at the end of the game. That kid can light up the scoreboard and earned 6th man of the year. Very dangerous shooter.

Last year's Cats had UT beaten at Rupp until two bad plays by Shai in the last minute. This year's Cats are a better team. UT is as well.

UT has a bunch of good jump shooters. A good test for the Cats.

Got to like UK in that one. But LSU is the task at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year's Cats had UT beaten at Ruop until two bad plays by Shai in the last minute. This year's Cats are a better team. UT is as well.

UT has a bunch of good jump shooters. A good test for the Cats.

Got to like UK in that one. But LSU is the task at hand.

i think tennessee and kentucky split.....each team at home wins

Reactions: ManitouDan
I prefer to judge teams based on where they were ranked at game time.

Injuries happen.

If you played Michigan State in December, they had Langford, a 15ppg player. They don't have him now.

Auburn has been without a key big guy for a while too. That has to greatly affect their team.
Truth is probably have to use a little bit of both, depending on the circumstances of each team. You’re right that injuries can drastically effect teams (for instance, our loss to Kansas is much better with them completely healthy, than a loss to them now would be). At the same time, your win over Louisville shouldn’t count more than our win over Louisville, as they were similar type performances against basically the same team.

Truth is probably have to use a little bit of both, depending on the circumstances of each team. You’re right that injuries can drastically effect teams (for instance, our loss to Kansas is much better with them completely healthy, than a loss to them now would be). At the same time, your win over Louisville shouldn’t count more than our win over Louisville, as they were similar type performances against basically the same team.
Did UT play Louisville at Louisville? I thought that was on a neutral court.

Reactions: skcatfan

the original poster did not even count our win over louisville because they were not ranked yet.....and at the same time counting auburn as beating a ranked team for kentucky when they are not ranked now.....cant have it both ways

It was neutral. And in that respect it will help your resume a bit more. I’m just saying you can’t count that as a top 25 win for UK but not for UT.

2tbnze.jpg

It was neutral. And in that respect it will help your resume a bit more. I’m just saying you can’t count that as a top 25 win for UK but not for UT.
UL wasn't ranked when UT played them. They were ranked when UK played them and UK played them in the Yum center.

UT allowed UL to score 81 points and only won by 11, on a neutral court.

UK stifled UL on their own home court, in a rivalry game. Beat them 71-58.

Which win is more impressive to you?

I hope when the NCAA tournament bracket comes out that us and Tennessee are in opposite brackets where we would only meet up in the final game.

Look, the Vols are one of the 4 best teams in CBB.

Some of our fans are delusional blowhards that think every other team in the nation either sucks, or are overrated.

You don’t need to come here and defend your team.
They’re really good and could win it all.

This ^^ is the perfect post. Tennessee is really good and deserving of their ranking. Beating them at Rupp is going to be extremely difficult. But their fans just suck. They can talk all the nonsense they want on their board (if they even have one) but spewing crap here is stupid.... and a few are doing just that. It’s their brainless fans that need to crawl back in their holes. NOT their team because their team is damn good. Hope we beat them. Gonna be tough.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
UL wasn't ranked when UT played them. They were ranked when UK played them and UK played them in the Yum center.

UT allowed UL to score 81 points and only won by 11, on a neutral court.

UK stifled UL on their own home court, in a rivalry game. Beat them 71-58.

Which win is more impressive to you?
As for your first paragraph, it makes no difference. They’re the same team, regardless of the # in front of their name. If you beat Gonzaga on a neutral court tomorrow, would our win be better than yours since they were ranked #1 when we beat them?

As for your first paragraph, it makes no difference. They’re the same team, regardless of the # in front of their name. If you beat Gonzaga on a neutral court tomorrow, would our win be better than yours since they were ranked #1 when we beat them?
Huh???

So you're trying to say that beating a team on a neutral court when they are unranked is equal to beating that same team while they are ranked on their home floor in a rivalry game?????

No way, no way in hell is that equal.

Huh???

So you're trying to say that beating a team on a neutral court when they are unranked is equal to beating that same team while they are ranked on their home floor in a rivalry game?????

No way, no way in hell is that equal.
That isn’t what I said at all. But you know that.

Why weren’t they the same team?
New coach, new system and UK played them well over a month after UT played them you don't think they got better in that amount of time?

Again, this is Chris Mack's first year, you played them in November, UK played them on 12/29. They were a much better team when UK played them.

This ^^ is the perfect post. Tennessee is really good and deserving of their ranking. Beating them at Rupp is going to be extremely difficult. But their fans just suck. They can talk all the nonsense they want on their board (if they even have one) but spewing crap here is stupid.... and a few are doing just that. It’s their brainless fans that need to crawl back in their holes. NOT their team because their team is damn good. Hope we beat them. Gonna be tough.
Horrible fans are in every state . It’s just part of it . Yes TN has some prick fans, but so does EVERY other school. Again, I can joke around here all day, but I RESPECT Kentucky . Tennessee will never be a powerhouse , but Rick Barnes has brought them back from the dead .

New coach, new system and UK played them well over a month after UT played them you don't think they got better in that amount of time?

Again, this is Chris Mack's first year, you played them in November, UK played them on 12/29. They were a much better team when UK played them.
So you’re saying UNC’s win over Louisville more impressive than UK’s win over Louisville. Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT