ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated Tennessee

harlanhomeboy

Sophomore
Feb 5, 2003
Was looking at SEC standings on espn.com and noticed that Tennessee has played a whopping TWO ranked teams ALL SEASON in which they are 1-1 in both polls. Kentucky is 4-1 and 5-1 respectively in playing ranked teams in the AP and Coaches polls. Yew-T is unproven, overconfident, and going to get punched in the mouth next Saturday night :)

Was looking at SEC standings on espn.com and noticed that Tennessee has played a whopping TWO ranked teams ALL SEASON in which they are 1-1 in both polls. Kentucky is 4-1 and 5-1 respectively in playing ranked teams in the AP and Coaches polls. Yew-T is unproven, overconfident, and going to get punched in the mouth next Saturday night :)
I really have to agree.
Their schedule the rest of the way is pretty brutal.

If we both take care of business... Kentucky will open 4.5 point favorite...

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
They almost lost to Alabama at HOME and should’ve lost to Vandy except for being saved by Pat Adams incompetence. They’re a good team no doubt but have played a really weak schedule in the SEC so far.
Hope you’re right, I’m just not going to downplay them. I think they will give us everything and more

Looks like you’re counting games based on where teams were ranked at the time. So Louisville counts as a ranked win for you, but not for us (since they weren’t ranked when we beat them, but were when you beat them (and are now)).

The better indication is where teams are ranked now. In which case you’re 3-1, and we’re 2-1.

I understand doing it the other way (and thus counting wins over Auburn, who stinks, and Mississippi St, who may wind up being a bubble team), since it makes you look better.

All this to say it doesn’t matter. Things will hash out on the floor soon enough.

Looks like you’re counting games based on where teams were ranked at the time. So Louisville counts as a ranked win for you, but not for us (since they weren’t ranked when we beat them, but were when you beat them (and are now)).

The better indication is where teams are ranked now. In which case you’re 3-1, and we’re 2-1.

I understand doing it the other way (and thus counting wins over Auburn, who stinks, and Mississippi St, who may wind up being a bubble team), since it makes you look better.

All this to say it doesn’t matter. Things will hash out on the floor soon enough.

Look, the Vols are one of the 4 best teams in CBB.

Some of our fans are delusional blowhards that think every other team in the nation either sucks, or are overrated.

You don’t need to come here and defend your team.
They’re really good and could win it all.

Look, the Vols are one of the 4 best teams in CBB.

Some of our fans are delusional blowhards that think every other team in the nation either sucks, or are overrated.

You don’t need to come here and defend your team.
They’re really good and could win it all.
Thanks, and I agree about UK. I just enjoy the banter. We certainly have our fools over on VQ.

Reactions: kev69
They were down 76-70 and Vanderbilt was getting the ball back with a minute left until some idiot ref jumped in. I seem to remember another team playing at Vanderbilt and the game wasn't so close at the end.

Reactions: skcatfan
You seem reasonable and objective.

Why did you lose to Alabama and Seton Hall?
Because both games were on the road early in the season. Seton Hall had a guy go off from three point range in MSG, UK lost by 1.

You know first hand how tough Alabama can be, they had UT beat on their home floor before the refs bailed the vols out. If UT had to play them in Tuscaloosa, you lose.

They were down 76-70 and Vanderbilt was getting the ball back with a minute left until some idiot ref jumped in. I seem to remember another team playing at Vanderbilt and the game wasn't so close at the end.
Well, you can keep on counting it as a loss if you want, but the record indicates otherwise.

Look, we lost to Alabama and Seton Hall, not to mention being ass pounded by Duke. However, I believe we’re legit contenders right now despite this.

Reactions: crpoore
yes.....i think kentucky probably wins next saturday night......as well as probably loses when they come to knoxville......i think the sec will be determined by who does not get upset somewhere else along the way

i am not overlooking lsu in this deal.....they have the schedule advantage over both of us

I don’t get discrediting Tennessee.

They are obviously a really good team. But Kentucky is too.

Having said that, I feel like UT hasn’t played a good team in FOREVER.

we probably haven't......that is not our fault.....that vandy game was strange.....they made everything they threw up that night and have not been a good shooting team other than that game.....yes i am glad we got out of there alive.....crazy crap can happen on the road in league play

Reactions: musrat59
Then if they are overrated and suck so bad , don’t get on here Saturday night if Kentucky wins running your mouth about beating #1.

Because both games were on the road early in the season. Seton Hall had a guy go off from three point range in MSG, UK lost by 1.

You know first hand how tough Alabama can be, they had UT beat on their home floor before the refs bailed the vols out. If UT had to play them in Tuscaloosa, you lose.
I will agree that better teams can get beat when lesser teams go off. It happens.

A perfect example is Vanderbilt shooting 48% from three point range against us. Well above their ususal clip. They were drilling shots they almost never make. Hence the close game.

In both Vandy and Alabama, we shot 25% from behind he arc. Well below our norm. Hence the close games.

I think we can agree that good teams can have off nights, and good teams can get beat when opposing teams have hot shooting nights.

I will agree that better teams can get beat when lesser teams go off. It happens.

A perfect example is Vanderbilt shooting 48% from three point range against us. Well above their ususal clip. They were drilling shots they almost never make. Hence the close game.

In both Vandy and Alabama, we shot 25% from behind he arc. Well below our norm. Hence the close games.

I think we can agree that good teams can have off nights, and good teams can get beat when opposing teams have hot shooting nights.
Yeah, and UK got bit twice. Youth got the best of them, but those losses taught them more lessons than if they won those games.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I understand that. Just odd the way the SEC schedule worked out this year.

i just took offense to the guy acting like we had not played anybody when we had played kansas, louisville and gonzaga in non conference......the sec schedule is something we cant control.....nor having west virginia further down than they were expected to be

Reactions: _Pinot_
ADVERTISEMENT