ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN 10% chance to repeat?

Dec 10, 2023
Bob's Country Bunker
Just more data to crunch for your brackets.

UCONN will move to # 1 in the polls next week and enter the tournament ranked # 1 after Houston lost today.

In the last 40 years, only 4 teams (10%) have won the championshp going in ranked # 1. Duke, UCLA, Duke and Kentucky 2012.

Uconn and maybe 5 or 6 other teams will compete for the title.

You won't be able to tell which one wins it all, just that it's more than likely coming from that group.

It's been this way for decades now for the most part.

Just more data to crunch for your brackets.

UCONN will move to # 1 in the polls next week and enter the tournament ranked # 1 after Houston lost today.

In the last 40 years, only 4 teams (10%) have won the championshp going in ranked # 1. Duke, UCLA, Duke and Kentucky 2012.
They look the most unbeatable...now that's a team built for March. I think both Auburn and Florida stand great chances to get to the Final Four. Florida's Golden is a hip guy who connects well with his players, they have great guards with a ton of experience, and they're bigs have improved over the course of this season far more than our own.

We cannot kid ourselves any longer with our tremendously inconsistent kids. I love them, but give them little chance of getting to a regional final. Way too inconsistent, and that makes us just plain not good enough. Something is amiss, namely defense and rebounding, and no one seems to know how to fix it.

Last edited:
Look at Hurley, pfff…over there caring about wins, championships, promoting his program.

I remember when we used to be that way and thank God that’s over. The hell kinda coach doesn’t want his players to drop out and instead play for the program he’s paid to win for.

Jeez. What a sleaze ball.

If Lutardi's current bracket field is even closely accurate for east region, UCONN is going to have a tough second round game with a possible Texas A&M. History is riddled with 8/9 vs. 1 seed upsets. Not saying it will happen (I've not watched UCONN this year), but the way the season has gone so far for all teams, this tournament is likely to be bracket buster central.

I just want us to be one of the teams that busts brackets with wins, not losses!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT