ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated Tennessee

we match up really well with ut. x factor is scofield imo. if he doesn’t go off we should win. both games.

Look, the Vols are one of the 4 best teams in CBB.

Some of our fans are delusional blowhards that think every other team in the nation either sucks, or are overrated.

You don’t need to come here and defend your team.
They’re really good and could win it all.

Speaking for me, I wish they wouldn't come here at all...

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
The good news is that we have players, who know how Good UT will be. I'd rather have UT undefeated come Saturday in conference play because our guys will be ready.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Schedule isnt their fault. They are really good. Much as it pains me to say that, its the truth. Would love to see them and Duke on the same side on the bracket. Ive seen some fans say they want revenge on Duke. Nope, not this fella! I want no part of them. Having to play Duke or UT in the tournament drops our chances significantly. Having to beat both would be an insanely difficult task. Just calling a spade......a spade.

I will agree that better teams can get beat when lesser teams go off. It happens.

A perfect example is Vanderbilt shooting 48% from three point range against us. Well above their ususal clip. They were drilling shots they almost never make. Hence the close game.

In both Vandy and Alabama, we shot 25% from behind he arc. Well below our norm. Hence the close games.

I think we can agree that good teams can have off nights, and good teams can get beat when opposing teams have hot shooting nights.

Believe me, we know what it feels like when another team grows beer muscles and becomes Golden State all of a sudden.

It's happened to Kentucky basketball teams since Rupp. Every. Single. Year.

Tennessee is a damn good basketball team. They beat our ass in Rupp last year. We are better than we were a year ago, but will need to be ready to play ball next Saturday or we could take a L. Tuesday against LSU too for that matter.

I have my doubts about Tennessee's chances of winning it all because of the lack of a 1st round NBA prospect, as Williams and Schofield are tweeners who are not listed in the 1st round of mocks at this time, but they're a very good college basketball team who can certainly beat the Cats.

If we play our A game, however, I like Kentucky every time.

Regardless of who they have played, UT is very good. Their starting five is experienced and can score from any spot on the floor. Then, they have a stud in Grant Williams who can take over a game and is capable of scoring 30 or 35 points on any given night.

UK will have to play lock down defense and out rebound the Vawls to have a chance. Effort and hustle wins this game...GBB!

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
Looks like you’re counting games based on where teams were ranked at the time. So Louisville counts as a ranked win for you, but not for us (since they weren’t ranked when we beat them, but were when you beat them (and are now)).

The better indication is where teams are ranked now. In which case you’re 3-1, and we’re 2-1.

I understand doing it the other way (and thus counting wins over Auburn, who stinks, and Mississippi St, who may wind up being a bubble team), since it makes you look better.

All this to say it doesn’t matter. Things will hash out on the floor soon enough.
Yep , we play home & home , it will be decided. I’m expecting a split. Settled in the SEC tournament ?

Yep , we play home & home , it will be decided. I’m expecting a split. Settled in the SEC tournament ?
Sounds like the most likely scenario. Either of these teams is capable of beating anyone on a given night, so you never really know what will happen.

Believe me, we know what it feels like when another team grows beer muscles and becomes Golden State all of a sudden.

It's happened to Kentucky basketball teams since Rupp. Every. Single. Year.

Tennessee is a damn good basketball team. They beat our ass in Rupp last year. We are better than we were a year ago, but will need to be ready to play ball next Saturday or we could take a L. Tuesday against LSU too for that matter.

I have my doubts about Tennessee's chances of winning it all because of the lack of a 1st round NBA prospect, as Williams and Schofield are tweeners who are not listed in the 1st round of mocks at this time, but they're a very good college basketball team who can certainly beat the Cats.

If we play our A game, however, I like Kentucky every time.
So you agree that Grant will return next year. If he isn’t a first round pic, he will return. Most on this board say he’s gone after this year.

Reactions: siberiavol
I’m glad you agreed Kev, I thought I was in the twilight zone. Half the posters in here downplaying them will be the same ones starting clod threads if we lose next Saturday

I thought that was the entire rationale for downplaying them to set up the CLOD talking points?

I thought that was the entire rationale for downplaying them to set up the CLOD talking points?
There is no method to the madness of clod, but you can generally spot a member in any game thread or after we lose. They typically don’t post for four months and then randomly show back up. They are typically negative, in rare cases some are absolute homers that go way off the deep end after a loss.

Love watching Kentucky fans attempt to discuss basketball.

We're the basketball school now, nerds.

We'll learn a lot about TN in the final stretch of the season. I believe they are a top 5 team, but I absolutely would not say that they are a better team than this Kentucky team.

It's important that we either win both of the games against them, or split and have UT lose at least one other game to finish their season. I'm pretty confident we wouldn't lose any other games, don't expect us to lose at home and our road games other than Ole Miss are cake walks.

Duke and Gonzaga have their one seeds more or less locked up, and UVA beat UNC on the road tonight. It's possible but I don't see those teams slipping up enough to fall out of their slots. Way I see it, were dueling with UT for a one seed. The games we play against them have massive implications

Reactions: kyjeff1
We'll learn a lot about TN in the final stretch of the season. I believe they are a top 5 team, but I absolutely would not say that they are a better team than this Kentucky team.

It's important that we either win both of the games against them, or split and have UT lose at least one other game to finish their season. I'm pretty confident we wouldn't lose any other games, don't expect us to lose at home and our road games other than Ole Miss are cake walks.

Duke and Gonzaga have their one seeds more or less locked up, and UVA beat UNC on the road tonight. It's possible but I don't see those teams slipping up enough to fall out of their slots. Way I see it, were dueling with UT for a one seed. The games we play against them have massive implications
Agreed.

We're going to have to wrestle that 1 seed away from UT.

I like how the schedules are shaping up. UK has gotten a lot of their tough road games out of the way and came out of them smelling like a rose.

We have 2 more tough road games coming up. If we can get through these next two unscathed and only lose one of those two tough road games, we can steal that 1 seed.

I'm kinda surprised so many people are downplaying how good Tennessee is. They deserve their ranking. They play hard the whole game. They have great chemistry. They have multiple threats. They've lost one game, in overtime, to a Kansas team that still had Azubukie (sp)? It took everything going wrong for them the last few minutes.

What I'm seeing is almost a carbon copy of what people were saying before the Duke game. Damn some of you for making me defend them. It's going to be a Damn war both games. Having said all that, I think we match up really well with them. Very well.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I'm curious as to how great of a basketball power the Vols will have NEXT year, the year after that, and after that....

Anyone can catch lightning in a bottle. SO let's just allow the Vol fans to come back next year when they stay ranked in the top 5 all year long and tell us then how much of a basketball school they are.

The sad thing about this year for them, is that 90% of the Vol fans either don't care or even know about the basketball team.

The vast majority of Vol fans would trade success in basketball for success in football in a heartbeat, just to get back to where they were, because they know basketball excellence will NEVER be sustained at that school.

NEVER.

The fans simply do not care as much, if AT ALL. Having been born and raised in TN, lived there all my life until this past year (THANK GOD I'M in the Bluegrass state now...)
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that whenever I speak to my Vol friends about their team this year, NOT A SINGLE ONE EVEN CARES - much less knows a single player on that team. Vol fans openly admit that they don't like or even care about basketball. FEW will, and you only hear from them when they have a good team.

The ONLY Vol fan that I know that even remotely cares about basketball called in abject excitement when UT made the elite eight years ago..... I was happy for him, and then he excitedly asked me (because, as memory serves me right, UK made it too) "how many times has Kentucky been to the elite eight?

ehhh ..... hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

the response on the other end (after, i **think** at THAT time, I told him it was 32, or 33? hell, I've lost count long ago) was this :

***crickets chirping***
then Perry told me "Well, DAMN, man. I sound like a ****ing retard. But I love this! I want to see us get back here! "

... and I magnanimously encouraged his future hopes, and said "I'm glad for you, my old friend."

hahahahahahaha! LMFAO

So Tennessee fans have a really rough road to hoe.

They now suck so bad in football they are living on vapors from the past, AND everything else is ignored.

SAD

That's just the truth, Vol fans, and you know it. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

I for one, enjoy the fact that they have become better in hoops. UK always does better when the SEC is strong, and how can you have a rival if they don't actually WIN every now and then?

(I'm looking at YOU Card fans....)

I'm curious as to how great of a basketball power the Vols will have NEXT year, the year after that, and after that....

Anyone can catch lightning in a bottle. SO let's just allow the Vol fans to come back next year when they stay ranked in the top 5 all year long and tell us then how much of a basketball school they are.

The sad thing about this year for them, is that 90% of the Vol fans either don't care or even know about the basketball team.

The vast majority of Vol fans would trade success in basketball for success in football in a heartbeat, just to get back to where they were, because they know basketball excellence will NEVER be sustained at that school.

NEVER.

The fans simply do not care as much, if AT ALL. Having been born and raised in TN, lived there all my life until this past year (THANK GOD I'M in the Bluegrass state now...)
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that whenever I speak to my Vol friends about their team this year, NOT A SINGLE ONE EVEN CARES - much less knows a single player on that team. Vol fans openly admit that they don't like or even care about basketball. FEW will, and you only hear from them when they have a good team.

The ONLY Vol fan that I know that even remotely cares about basketball called in abject excitement when UT made the elite eight years ago..... I was happy for him, and then he excitedly asked me (because, as memory serves me right, UK made it too) "how many times has Kentucky been to the elite eight?

ehhh ..... hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

the response on the other end (after, i **think** at THAT time, I told him it was 32, or 33? hell, I've lost count long ago) was this :

***crickets chirping***
then Perry told me "Well, DAMN, man. I sound like a ****ing retard. But I love this! I want to see us get back here! "

... and I magnanimously encouraged his future hopes, and said "I'm glad for you, my old friend."

hahahahahahaha! LMFAO

So Tennessee fans have a really rough road to hoe.

They now suck so bad in football they are living on vapors from the past, AND everything else is ignored.

SAD

That's just the truth, Vol fans, and you know it. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

I for one, enjoy the fact that they have become better in hoops. UK always does better when the SEC is strong, and how can you have a rival if they don't actually WIN every now and then?

(I'm looking at YOU Card fans....)

what a rambling bunch of bs

Reactions: VFL1970
what a rambling bunch of bs

Nothing but 100% truth. The vast majority of Tennessee fans dont give a horses ass for basketball, and the program will never be a consistent force - and you know it.

Deny it all you want. Football is all that MOST of the Vol fans care about. Go back to your board and talk basketball and see where it gets you.

OH, that's right. Not very far.

You come to OUR board wanting to talk basketball.

it figures.

what a tool you are

But enjoy your elite eight appearance. I sincerely hope you guys can make it back there this year, because if not this year .... when?

Nothing but 100% truth. The vast majority of Tennessee fans dont give a horses ass for basketball, and the program will never be a consistent force - and you know it.

Deny it all you want. Football is all that MOST of the Vol fans care about. Go back to your board and talk basketball and see where it gets you.

it figures.

what a tool you are

lol.....we are selling out every game

But enjoy your elite eight appearance. I sincerely hope you guys can make it back there this year, because if not this year .... when?
With Josiah James coming in and if Tennessee gets Kessler to reclassify (outside short of even getting him) Tennessee will be as good or better next year.
Add DJ Burns and James to go with what Tennessee has returning they will be pretty dang good next year.

Probably going to be pretty consistent competing at the top of the SEC for the foreseeable future.
Their 2020 recruiting class may end up being the best class they have ever had in basketball.

it figures.

what a tool you are

Would say that is a false statement. Most Tennessee fans are pretty big Basketball fans as well, from the Ray Mears era, Dale Ellis in the 80s, John Ward falling the games. REAL Tennessee fans have always supported basketball.

Tennessee and Kentucky will play 4 times this year.
Kentucky is playing as well as anyone in the country right now including Duke.
Tennessee will be challenged over the next month and get better, but I can realistically see Saturday night being round 1 of a 4 round battle.

There's no fixing your stupid. You are the poster child for the modern Vol fan. Football is borked & now you're trying to hang your hat on being a basketball blue blood.

Like I said, SAD.
No matter how bad our football is, we still beat UK.

No matter how bad our football is, we still beat UK.

No matter how historically significant your basketball team is, it still got its ass stomped by UK.

giphy.gif

Was looking at SEC standings on espn.com and noticed that Tennessee has played a whopping TWO ranked teams ALL SEASON in which they are 1-1 in both polls. Kentucky is 4-1 and 5-1 respectively in playing ranked teams in the AP and Coaches polls. Yew-T is unproven, overconfident, and going to get punched in the mouth next Saturday night :)

lol

Reactions: Nash Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT