ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Proves the Selection Committee Was Right

Finna_Go_HAM

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 25, 2022
Franklin TN
After blowing a 10-point lead against a terrible Minnesota team with 75 seconds left, a loss that probably is what kept them making the NCAA Tournament, Rutgers was the overall #1 seed in the NIT. So what did the Scarlet Knights do last night to prove they deserved to be in the big boys tourney? They blew a five-point lead against Hofstra with 30-seconds left and lost in OT in front of a sellout crowd.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...falls-to-hofstra-in-nit-thriller/70003313007/

ADDED BONUS: Last week at the B1G Tourney in Chicago, Rutgers beat Michigan and after the game the Rutgers' fans chanted "NIT, NIT" at the Michigan team and fans. Last night, at the same time Rutgers was being upset, Michigan won their first-round game

I think it was for them
Much like it was for our guys in 2013. Lost to lowly Robert Morris… mostly bc our guys just didn’t really care after missing the dance. They were checked out. I hanker a guess that Rutgers might have been dealing with the same last night!

I'll always be sad for Hofstra because they won their conference tournament in 2020. It may just be the NIT, but it was nice seeing them celebrate that victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT