ADVERTISEMENT

This is how it hope it all plays out / Best case scenario…

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
Almost any other school would want Cal bc they would be enamored with the recruits and think maybe it would be different there. And maybe it would. Maybe he will go somewhere new and be rejuvenated and have a chip on his shoulder and some fire. But he is worthless here and now.

This gets him out of UK. This also means the class goes with him, because make no mistake. Recruits don’t come here because it’s KENTUCKY. They don’t care about the winningest program, the banners, the tradition, etc. They were in 1st grade or so when we won the last title in 12. They don’t care or remember. They care about one thing. They see Calipari and half the league’s all-stars. They see draft picks every year. Most don’t even care about wining. College is a means to an end. That’s the culture he’s created here.

But you can’t be worried about losing players/talenr, because what good has having all the talent done for Kentucky anyway? We all know the (lack of) results. He hasn’t been the same in years. We haven’t been Kentucky for years, yet he still calls us the gold standard.

He’s combative with fans and media. He’s incredibly stubborn. He thinks he’s above reproach. He doesn’t have has his reams mentally prepared to play or execute a game plan. He makes zero in-game adjustments.

I’m pretty sure any earnings if makes if accepts another job go against the buyout. So let’s all hope some other school, Michigan or whoever, calls and offers him a massive contract because they think he’s the answer for them.

He is washed at Kentucky.

Menawhile you make Stevens. Donovan and Wright all tell you no. If they do we get a coach who can recruit at Kentucky better than (Baylor, Auburn, Gonzaga, etc.) here. A guy who is hungry and actually coaches his ass off. Hit the portal and things can turn around quicker than you think.

I’ve been saying it for years, but last night surely was (and seems like) it was a breaking point for the last group of fans who supported him.

We have to part ways, somehow, someway. This is Kentucky basketball. It’s being ruined and it can’t continue.

Almost any other school would want Cal bc they would be enamored with the recruits and think maybe it would be different there. And maybe it would. Maybe he will go somewhere new and be rejuvenated and have a chip on his shoulder and some fire. But he is worthless here and now.

This gets him out of UK. This also means the class goes with him, because make no mistake. Recruits don’t come here because it’s KENTUCKY. They don’t care about the winningest program, the banners, the tradition, etc. They were in 1st grade or so when we won the last title in 12. They don’t care or remember. They care about one thing. They see Calipari and half the league’s all-stars. They see draft picks every year. Most don’t even care about wining. College is a means to an end. That’s the culture he’s created here.

But you can’t be worried about losing players/talenr, because what good has having all the talent done for Kentucky anyway? We all know the (lack of) results. He hasn’t been the same in years. We haven’t been Kentucky for years, yet he still calls us the gold standard.

He’s combative with fans and media. He’s incredibly stubborn. He thinks he’s above reproach. He doesn’t have has his reams mentally prepared to play or execute a game plan. He makes zero in-game adjustments.

I’m pretty sure any earnings if makes if accepts another job go against the buyout. So let’s all hope some other school, Michigan or whoever, calls and offers him a massive contract because they think he’s the answer for them.

He is washed at Kentucky.

Menawhile you make Stevens. Donovan and Wright all tell you no. If they do we get a coach who can recruit at Kentucky better than (Baylor, Auburn, Gonzaga, etc.) here. A guy who is hungry and actually coaches his ass off. Hit the portal and things can turn around quicker than you think.

I’ve been saying it for years, but last night surely was (and seems like) it was a breaking point for the last group of fans who supported him.

We have to part ways, somehow, someway. This is Kentucky basketball. It’s being ruined and it can’t continue.
I refuse to believe that most other schools would want this washed up mess. We aren't crazy, his pathetic results speak for themselves. It would have to be a really crappy AD to pull the trigger on him at this point.

Reactions: KFuqua
I refuse to believe that most other schools would want this washed up mess. We aren't crazy, his pathetic results speak for themselves. It would have to be a really crappy AD to pull the trigger on him at this point.
I think it's possible that a change of scenery might motivate him to actually reprioritize coaching basketball. If for no other reason than to (in his mind) stick it to all of us Bennies. It might only last for 2 or 3 seasons, until he satisfied that need to "show us," but it's not crazy to envision it happening that way.

Reactions: TM2013
Recruits are changing thanks to the NIL. Kentucky will be a huge NIL draw, but we need a coach with some juice that plays an exciting brand of TODAY'S basketball. I don't think if Cal goes somewhere else that recruits will run with him.

Four names that have this (in no particular order):

Hurley
Pearl
Smart
Drew

Reactions: TM2013
I totally disagree with this. Everyone would benefit from a split but when I see the list of possible coaches even for us at the top…woof. Cal would get 7M a year at a decent school no doubt in my mind. Very easy to talk a fan base into the vision of sophomore Jayden Quaintance and super super freshman AJ Dybantsa along with some other top prospects/transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT