ADVERTISEMENT

OT Reds were 38-61 after 99 gms last season; Reds are 53-46 after 99 games this season

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
That has to be one of the greatest 2 season turn arounds in MLB history; obviously to this point.

A 15 game improvement after just 99 games.

If the Reds can go out and get a solid #3-4 starter before the deadline Milwaukee is in trouble.

Milwaukee still has 5 more with the Braves and Cincinnati is done w/Atlanta.

These are the Reds untouchables regarding a blockbuster deal for a SP:

De La Cruz
McClain
Steer
Encarnocion-Strand
Votto

Everyone else is trade bait:

Senzel
Fraley
Friedl
Stephenson
India

Pitching is the name of the game and with Greene not expected back for a few more weeks and Lodolo not until September; the Reds need another #3-4 starter to stay in contention for the Division before Greene and Lodolo return.

Make it happen Castellini and Krall!!!

Cincinnati deserves a winner!!!

Last edited:
Go Brewers!!!
Ha ha!

The Reds were stuck on just 60 wins last season on 10/2/22.

Its fairly possible the Reds could have 60 wins by 8/2/23 this season!

That's a full 2 month improvement regarding wins in just 1 calendar year!

If it happens that may very well be unprecedented in MLB history!

Cincinnati could have baseball historians scrambling thru the record books by early Aug!

Reds will need to go 7-4 over their next 11 games to shock the baseball World.

Last edited:
That has to be one of the greatest 2 season turn arounds in MLB history; obviously to this point.

If the Reds can go out and get a solid #3-4 starter before the deadline Milwaukee is in trouble.

De La Cruz
McClain
Steer
Encarnocion-Strand
Votto

Senzel
Fraley
Friedl
Stephenson
India

Pitching is the name of the game and with Greene not expected back for a few more weeks and Lodolo not until September; the Reds need another #3-4 starter to stay in contention for the Division before Greene and Lodolo return.

I would hate to see us trade Fraley, India or Friedl- hopefully Greene can come back and be dominant.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
Such good chemistry with this team. But the Reds must improve their pitching if they want to make a serious post season run. You can’t always rely on out scoring your opponent you’ve got to have the pitching.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Ha ha!

The Reds were stuck on just 60 wins last season on 10/2/22.

Its fairly possible the Reds could have 60 wins by 8/2/23 this season!

That's a full 2 month improvement regarding wins in just 1 calendar year!

If it happens that may very well be unprecedented in MLB history!

Cincinnati could have baseball historians scrambling thru the record books by early Aug!

Reds will need to go 7-4 over their next 11 games to shock the baseball World.
I'm no baseball historian but just did a very quick Google search and found these very large turnarounds from one season to the next which are all bigger than the Reds so far this season. At the current rate the Reds could end up with 86 wins 76 losses, far from a record.

Reactions: DraftCat
Such good chemistry with this team. But the Reds must improve their pitching if they want to make a serious post season run. You can’t always rely on out scoring your opponent you’ve got to have the pitching.
They simply just need to get healthy. Lodolo & Greene back in August and an additional bullpen arm. Antone will be back. Can't ask much more from the SP Cincinnati has gotten in July. No need to mortgage to future trading off the farm for an expensive rental while depleting the depth in the system with talented young pitchers like Phillips, Richardson, Petty in addition to the College Arms Lowder, Hollan & Floyd. Ashcraft has been back on track, Abbott is filthy. Williamson is finally showing glimpses of why he was the team's #7 prospect and the best pitching prospect from the 1st Mariners trade last year. Lively has been more than serviceable.

The offense is way too talented for any prolonged slump and EDLC & India aren't even playing their best baseball at the moment. The ceiling for this team is much higher and expect even higher in 2024 with the experienced gained in 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJuddDome
The recent 6 game losing streak had me concerned but they bounced back with 3 in a row.

Luckily even with their struggles vs the Brewers it may not matter.

There is not a world in which the Reds are trading their franchise catcher Tyler Stephenson during the process of trying to build a winner. Don't trade Maile either and screw up the chemistry between him & Abbott as his personal catcher. Casali is expendable.

The Reds have 4 quality outfielders with Benson, Fraley, Friedl with only 3 being in their natural position and when Steer is in LF. Senzel in a super utility role between IF/OF, they cannot afford to trade any of the other 4 outfielders with the closest players to even be able to contribute at the MLB level in the OF are Rece Hinds & Blake Dunn. Both still in AA Chattanooga.

If anything, Reds may need to swing a trade for an outfielder before moving one of their own to shore up the defense though none are starting over Fraley, Benson or Friedl. Benson 2nd highest OPS behind Ohtani in all of MLB since he was recalled, Friedl 8th highest batting average in the NL, Steer tied for the team lead in HRs and Fraley 1 behind him.

De La Cruz
McClain
Steer
Encarnocion-Strand
Votto

Senzel
Fraley
Friedl
Stephenson
India

I really like Senzel seems to be playing better this year. I think he would be the only guy on your lists to be a trade option. Most of those guys can be paid on the low side which the Reds love.

Noticed these threads were gone during that 6 game losing streak.

Never saw a fanbase get so pumped up over the regular season n baseball.

At this point starting pitching has been decent enough. They need one more reliable middle reliever (preferably a lefty). And if Greene can come back healthy, that may be all they need. Although being honest, I’m starting to worry about Diaz.

Ballpark was sold out today. It may have been the largest non playoff game crowd I’ve been a part of. Very few actual empty seats.

I’ve been working too much to make it to a game this year. I’m usually able to make it to a few games a year. Been itching to go.

I’ve been working too much to make it to a game this year. I’m usually able to make it to a few games a year. Been itching to go.
Fun atmosphere. Just hard to move around. And my daughter went for ice cream and missed 4 innings due to lines.

BTW it’s cashless now.

Reactions: UK-Fan78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT