ADVERTISEMENT

1-6 last year after 7 games. 6-1 after 7 games this season.

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
Make of the schedule so far whatever you want, but this is sure as heck a lot better than last year's first 7 games. Yes, we get Southern next, but after that we get Notre Dame, Ohio State, Louisville, and then the conference season starts(There is High Point before we completely dive in to conference and a game with KU later). The SEC is loaded this year. It's going to be a monumental challenge to win the conference and we should get all the competitive games we can want.

At LSU and at Vanderbilt along with Tennessee make up 3 of our first 5 SEC games.

Anything is better than last years debacle, that's for damn sure.

I'm personally just kinda taking an easier approach to this year. Not totally invested in it yet, but that's mostly this terrible schedule. Here in a few weeks when we start playing good teams I think things are going to start feeling like normal and old Kentucky.

I really like Wheeler and Oscar so far. We're doing what we should to this schedule, so hard to take away a whole lot from these games.

If it pays off and the team gets in time for real competition then no one will care in March.

If we don't saddle up and fall flat, then it's just going to get louder.

Anything is better than last years debacle, that's for damn sure.

I'm personally just kinda taking an easier approach to this year. Not totally invested in it yet, but that's mostly this terrible schedule. Here in a few weeks when we start playing good teams I think things are going to start feeling like normal and old Kentucky.

I really like Wheeler and Oscar so far. We're doing what we should to this schedule, so hard to take away a whole lot from these games.

If it pays off and the team gets in time for real competition then no one will care in March.

If we don't saddle up and fall flat, then it's just going to get louder.

The one thing that I do like from this schedule so far is we are seeing the Cats do what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams. Outside of the beginning of the last game and spurts here and there our guys are wrecking these teams. UK could have really put it to CMU tonight. I won't hold it against Cal for not beating a friend's team to a pulp.

It's gonna take some time, but we'll know what this team is made of once conference starts. There are, what, 6 teams from the SEC ranked right now. This team will be battle-tested.

Really not sure how this season will play out in terms of where UK will finish in the SEC. 100% This is a NCAAT team. Highly doubt it is anything more than a sweet 16 team. But anything can happen in the dance. Teams get hot SEE UCLA. So who knows?

Weak schedule or not, this team is way better than last year.

Last year had major offensive issues. We don't have that this season and won't.

Despite playing the weak competition, we are beating teams the way they should be beating these type of teams. There is no Evansville type game yet. That in of itself should say something.

It's nice to win games again. I don't really care about the schedule. We have Duke, Louisville, Ohio State, Kansas ... and ND is usually solid but it's a really bad year for them.

Weak schedule or not, this team is way better than last year.

Last year had major offensive issues. We don't have that this season and won't.

Despite playing the weak competition, we are beating teams the way they should be beating these type of teams. There is no Evansville type game yet. That in of itself should say something.
Great point. And the team that was semi decent(Ohio) we ran their ass off the court in the 2nd half

It's nice to win games again. I don't really care about the schedule. We have Duke, Louisville, Ohio State, Kansas ... and ND is usually solid but it's a really bad year for them.
ND off? Au contraire! They played at the Fighting Kofi's last night and only lost by 10!

Seriously. we do play them up there and I expect it'll be their Super Bowl.

I honestly forgot how bad it was last year! 1-6? Wow. Guess I tried to block it from my memory. Sheesh.
I realize we are better... but our first seven games this year (w/ 6 Ws @ Rupp) vs. the first seven last year (Morehead, Richmond, KU, GT, UL, ND, UNC [half of them on the road]) aren't even comparable.
We haven't shown anything yet in these glorified practices... though I do feel much more optimistic with the transfers on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT