ADVERTISEMENT

OT Reds are 6-2 their last 8 games

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
13-17 overall and just 3 gms back of Arizona and Miami for the last NL WC.

With Ashcraft and Greene that is a solid 1-2 punch and Lodolo as a lefty is a nice compliment to those 2.

The bullpen with Diaz closing has been lights out.

If this team can get another starter I think they contend all season for that 3rd WC.

Agreed?

Last edited:
13-17 overall and just 3 gms back of Arizona for the last NL WC.

With Ashcraft and Greene that is a solid 1-2 punch and Lodolo as a lefty is a nice compliment to those 2.

If this team can get another starter I think they contend all season for that 3rd WC.

Agreed?
Hope so

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Another starter would be great, but they need to add some pop and speed. Their power is awful. I think I read that before the series in Oakland, every series they played was against winning teams. That's IMPRESSIVE for a team in full rebuild mode.

Reactions: Cats8585
Good win last night. Bullpen has quietly improved. Offense is still pretty weak.

So, the Reds are on a pace right now to win exactly 70 games. And that's skewed in their favor by a recent five game win streak.

And the question is, are they a playoff team?

Here's a better question: Can they avoid losing 100 games again? (on pace to lose 92-plus.)
It's almost as if you have to win stretches of games in order to win games.

To me Baseball is worse than watching bowling
TBH, I only watch/follow it when the reds are competitive, so....haven't seen a whole lot since 1990. I did get on youtube a couple of months back (after UK sh!t the bed in the tourney) and watched teh '90 nlcs and world series. Loved that team

Agreed?
STL Cat why are you laughing? The Cards only have 10 wins and are in dead last in the NLC. You need to go hide out somewhere at least until you find your way out of the cellar. Newsflash-Wanko will not save your sinking ship! He is washed up!

Agreed?
You'll see Andrew Abbott in the rotation most likely before the trade deadline so I would not trade for another starter. The organization needs to rely on the depth in the pipeline without unloading the talent young prospects. Offense still needs help but you could see all 3 of McLain, CES & EDLC join this team before the year ends. As long as this team finishes like the 2009 Reds did in the 2nd Half, building for a run in 2010 then I could see Cincinnati make a postseason run in 2024 perhaps. Right now is still too soon and the offense is not consistent enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT