ADVERTISEMENT

OT Florida State gets reamed

FSU wouldn't have their third string QB for the playoff. They'd have a month to prepare for a game with their second string who would be recovered by then. And they're defense is elite. There's more to a football team besides their QB.

What UGA did the previous two years is 1000% irrelevant. This is about this year and this season.
Fine. Bama beat No. 1. Who else has done that this season? No one.

Reactions: The-Hack
The dawgs are going to steam roll FSU. That poor back up will be a deer in the headlight. That game will get out of control quick.

Bama will beat Michigan and probably win it all...

Bama had the strength of schedule and more impressive key wins. Their 1 loss was to Texas.

The whole idea for the playoffs was to settle who the best team is as opposed to having some computer and "formula" name a champion.

Bama is one of the 4 best teams this year. FSU is not.

Dawgs are the ones who should issue a statement "we win 29 m f'ing games in a row, dominate CFB for multiple years, win back to back titles, entertain the masses, put up a basketball score on a DESERVING TEAM in the title game last year...and this is how ya'll m fers repay us...lose on m f'ing game to the GOAT and the only other team to dominate CFB...piss in your bowl of sugar...we're forming our own league where players get paid..."

You're going to sit there with a straight face and tell me the a FSU with a 3rd string QB is better than the SEC Champion who BEAT NUMBER ONE. A team that hadn't lost in 2 years? Now THAT'S disingenuous.
Even with their 2nd QB they didn't beat anyone other than LSU so they absolutely did NOT deserve to be in. Being #5 is a slap in the face to Georgia and as much as I hate them OSU.

The SEC had a losing record in OOC games against P5 opponents including 4-6 against the ACC. Hell, Georgia’s second closest regular season game was against Georgia Tech. I know you believe there’s a massive gap between the SEC and the rest of college football. In 2023, the objective data does not support that conclusion.
Look. UK beat UL on their home field and FSU struggled with UL. FSU needed to blow out UL to earn that playoff spot and didn't do it. And that is all there is to it. If you don't like it, tough stuff.

13-0

1st Power 5 undefeated to not make the playoffs and will be the last as Playoffs move to 12 teams next season.

If FSU somehow beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl to finish 14-0 and either a 1 loss Texas or Bama wins the FF the committee will have some questions to answer.
Completely different team than they were the first 11 games. The best 4 teams are playing, with the exception of the fact the UGA is one of the 4 best.

Reactions: The-Hack and ktbug
Fine. Bama beat No. 1. Who else has done that this season? No one.
Neither of us are changing our mind here. I just think if a P5 team goes 13-0 and wins their conference title they deserve a shot. That was the point of the playoff, to avoid another 2004 Auburn situation. I haven't checked every year, but I'd guess there isn't a single year in modern college football history where a 13-0 P5 champion isn't ranked top 4 in the final pre-bowl rankings.

The only reason it happened this year is because the CFP and ESPN couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff because the SEC drives ratings and revenue more than any other conference. This is all way too subjective for me to think it's anything other than a popularity contest at this point. And that's not how you should determine a champion.

I really don't care who people think is the best team. That's why we play the game, to determine who actually wins. Lesser teams beat better teams all the time.

Reactions: gojvc
13-0

1st Power 5 undefeated to not make the playoffs and will be the last as Playoffs move to 12 teams next season.

If FSU somehow beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl to finish 14-0 and either a 1 loss Texas or Bama wins the FF the committee will have some questions to answer.
Georgia is gonna be pissed they didn’t get in the playoff and win that game 54-7.

• Haha
Neither of us are changing our mind here. I just think if a P5 team goes 13-0 and wins their conference title they deserve a shot. That was the point of the playoff, to avoid another 2004 Auburn situation. I haven't checked every year, but I'd guess there isn't a single year in modern college football history where a 13-0 P5 champion isn't ranked top 4 in the final pre-bowl rankings.

The only reason it happened this year is because the CFP and ESPN couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff because the SEC drives ratings and revenue more than any other conference. This is all way too subjective for me to think it's anything other than a popularity contest at this point. And that's not how you should determine a champion.

I really don't care who people think is the best team. That's why we play the game, to determine who actually wins. Lesser teams beat better teams all the time.
They probably deserves a chance but everyone knows the SEC teams are better. In fact 2 1 loss SeC teams are better than any of the undefeated teams. Leaving the 2 time Defending NC out is criminal to me.

• Love
images

• Haha
Reactions: Ugoff
Alabama scored the last two touchdowns. It was 28-28 late in the 3rd quarter in Tuscaloosa.
So Bama outscored LSU by a greater margin after being tied at 28 than FSU did UL for the whole game.
FSU is a good little team. They just aren’t a serious contender for the national Championship. Same for LSU.

Reactions: The-Hack and ktbug
They probably deserves a chance but everyone knows the SEC teams are better. In fact 2 1 loss SeC teams are better than any of the undefeated teams. Leaving the 2 time Defending NC out is criminal to me.
Being a two time champion is completely irrelevant. We're trying to determine a 2023 champion here, not a 2022 or 2021 one. Previous year's results don't matter at all.

And sports aren't about who we think is better. It's putting two teams on the field and seeing who wins. The 17-0 Patriots team was clearly better than the Giants, but they lost. Titles should be awarded on the field, not in a boardroom.

FSU won every single game they played in a conference that has a winning record against the SEC. They earned a shot.

Again, it says in their own selection criteria that they can and will take injuries to key players into consideration; especially so if it alters the performance and makeup of the team. So, I ask again, is FSU the same team they were with Travis?

UK put up 38 on UofL. THIRTY-EIGHT. FSU barely put up 16.
Is UK better than FSU? The answer to that is painfully no. So why couldn't they score on UofL? Had they smoked UofL last night, they'd be in. They didn't.
Is not just about wins. Its about the quality of competition. Bama beat UGA in what is essentially a home game in Atlanta. No one else can say they beat a back to back undefeated champion this year. The committee rewarded them for that, because they basically did something no one else has done.

Being a two time champion is completely irrelevant. We're trying to determine a 2023 champion here, not a 2022 or 2021 one. Previous year's results don't matter at all.

And sports aren't about who we think is better. It's putting two teams on the field and seeing who wins. The 17-0 Patriots team was clearly better than the Giants, but they lost. Titles should be awarded on the field, not in a boardroom.

FSU won every single game they played in a conference that has a winning record against the SEC. They earned a shot.
When UGA demolishes FSU, and they will because now they are pissed off, will you change your tune?

Their top 2 quarterbacks are out. It’s not the same team. They can cry all they want but that was a weak ass conference all year. Georgia has by far the biggest gripe. Tells me that the SEC needs to quit playing an end of the season championship game.
Rodemaker will be back for FSU’s bowl game unless for some reason he hits the portal

If FSU wanted to get in they shouldn’t have lost at home by 10 points. They shouldn’t have struggled with USF. They shouldn’t have struggled with Arkansas. They shouldn’t have struggled with Texas A&M. They shouldn’t have needed a miracle win to beat a 6-6 Auburn team. Oh wait, that was Alabama.

Bama is getting in on SEC bias and their name. You can say FSU didn’t look great without Travis, but Bama hasn’t looked good in a lot of their games either.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gojvc and ukcatz12
When UGA demolishes FSU, and they will because now they are pissed off, will you change your tune?
I won't. Because I'm not arguing that FSU is better than Bama or UGA with their backup QB. I'm against the fact that we aren't giving these playoff spots to the most deserving team, especially when the criteria has been the four most deserving teams in previous years. I think sitting in a board room and choosing the four teams the committee just thinks are the best fundamentally goes against why sports are played. It's about proving it on the field and in my opinion FSU earned the right to try to prove it on the field.

The criteria changes week to week and year to year anyway. The committee picks their favorite four teams and justifies it after the fact with whatever argument helps them make their point. The point of the playoff was to avoid another 2004 Auburn situation. And here we are twenty years later with an even worse snub.

College football is the only sport where we determine a champion more or less based on feelings and not on field results. The playoff made that a little better because now at least four teams got a shot. But in no other year in the modern history of the game would FSU not be ranked in the top 4 at this point in the year.

So Bama outscored LSU by a greater margin after being tied at 28 than FSU did UL for the whole game.
FSU is a good little team. They just aren’t a serious contender for the national Championship. Same for LSU.
That’s not what I responded to. You falsely implied that Alabama had dominated LSU in a similar fashion as Florida State did. I simply corrected that error.

If FSU wanted to get in they shouldn’t have lost at home by 10 points. They shouldn’t have struggled with USF. They shouldn’t have struggled with Arkansas. They shouldn’t have struggled with Texas A&M. They shouldn’t have needed a miracle win to beat a 6-6 Auburn team. Oh wait, that was Alabama.

Bama is getting on SEC bias and their name. You can say FSU didn’t look great without Travis, but Bama hasn’t looked good in a lot of their games either.

Neither of them have.

If Georgia had won would u be saying the same thing if Texas was 4th over fsu?

Neither of them have.

If Georgia had won would u be saying the same thing if Texas was 4th over fsu?
I would’ve had FSU in over Texas if UGA won. Not putting in an undefeated conference champion because of an injury is crazy to me. There’s more to football than the QB.

Because they are the worst 10 win team in the country.

All the ACC had to do was win convincingly in the last two weeks. They couldn't.
There is no doubt about that. The ACC was actual trash this year. I’m convinced we could have contended in the ACC with our crappy team this year.

I won't. Because I'm not arguing that FSU is better than Bama or UGA with their backup QB. I'm against the fact that we aren't giving these playoff spots to the most deserving team, especially when the criteria has been the four most deserving teams in previous years. I think sitting in a board room and choosing the four teams the committee just thinks are the best fundamentally goes against why sports are played. It's about proving it on the field and in my opinion FSU earned the right to try to prove it on the field.

The criteria changes week to week and year to year anyway. The committee picks their favorite four teams and justifies it after the fact with whatever argument helps them make their point. The point of the playoff was to avoid another 2004 Auburn situation. And here we are twenty years later with an even worse snub.

College football is the only sport where we determine a champion more or less based on feelings and not on field results. The playoff made that a little better because now at least four teams got a shot. But in no other year in the modern history of the game would FSU not be ranked in the top 4 at this point in the year.
Then you're being dishonest. IF FSU is demolished by UGA, they didn't deserve to be there. And it shows that by the committee's own rules, they made the right decision.

I would’ve had FSU in over Texas if UGA won. Not putting in an undefeated conference champion because of an injury is crazy to me. There’s more to football than the QB.

Fair enough. And uga by 35 in that scenario. Michigan by 24 to 28 if they had played fsu.

Michigan might lose to alabama.

That's why alabama got in. They are better.

They struggled with uofl.

Garbage conference

There was no "ream"

Would you rather watch Michigan beat fsu 35-0 or a competive game against Bama

Last edited:
Reactions: ktbug
The Miichigan players were visibly disapointed they have to play Bama, they know the difference in the two teams. One is a cakewalk to the finals, I'll let you guess which one.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Fair enough. And uga by 35 in that scenario. Michigan by 24 to 28 if they had played fsu.

Michigan might lose to alabama.

That's why alabama got in. They are better.
That’s what everyone thought in the TCU-Michigan game last year. That’s why they play the game.

If FSU was ranked 7th all year and then got left out that’s one thing. They’re getting left out because of an injury to 1 player and I don’t think that’s right. I think if the roles were reversed it was Alabama or Ohio State losing their QB they would’ve still been in.

That’s what everyone thought in the TCU-Michigan game last year. That’s why they play the game.

If FSU was ranked 7th all year and then got left out that’s one thing. They’re getting left out because of an injury to 1 player and I don’t think that’s right. I think if the roles were reversed it was Alabama or Ohio State losing their QB they would’ve still been in.

Because alabama and osu would have looked impressive post injury like osu in 2014 did.

That’s not what I responded to. You falsely implied that Alabama had dominated LSU in a similar fashion as Florida State did. I simply corrected that error.
There was no error to correct unless you think those 14 points don’t matter.

• Haha
Reactions: gojvc
How do you know Alabama would’ve looked impressive post injury? They looked awful as recently as last week.

I guess we will never know.

Doesn't really matter at this point. The playoff is set and after today the whining will go away and we can look to the games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT