ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend odds

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
At first glance, I Iike Georgia minus 4 1/2; Iowa +23; and the under 66 1/2 in PAC12 game (Oregon wins I think, but 9 1/2 is too many to give a 12-0 team). No opinion on Texas -14 or so vs. Okie State, have not watched enough B12 games to have an opinion.

The one I cannot fathom is FSU dropping from 5 1/2 favorite to only 2 1/2 over Louisville. Do that many gamblers think Louisville is legit and can beat FSU?

At first glance, I Iike Georgia minus 4 1/2; Iowa +23; and the under 66 1/2 in PAC12 game (Oregon wins I think, but 9 1/2 is too many to give a 12-0 team). No opinion on Texas -14 or so vs. Okie State, have not watched enough B12 games to have an opinion.

The one I cannot fathom is FSU dropping from 5 1/2 favorite to only 2 1/2 over Louisville. Do that many gamblers think Louisville is legit and can beat FSU?
If FSU wins (and I think they will) the playoff picture is shot to hell. I believe UGA wins. Ore and Washington will be close and OK State and Texas will be closer than people think. This whole thing is going to leave a pretty good team on the outside looking in

Reactions: JasonRDunn
If FSU wins (and I think they will) the playoff picture is shot to hell. I believe UGA wins. Ore and Washington will be close and OK State and Texas will be closer than people think. This whole thing is going to leave a pretty good team on the outside looking in

As Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend.

If favorites win, UGA, Mich, FSU and Oregon, that will be 4 of the top 5 in the playoff, with Washington losing out, and three would be 13-0. Only Texas would have a legit argument, and they played quite a few close games that they pulled out. Would suck for them, but the four that would be in the playoff would be harder to leave out.

The big wrench in the whole deal is if Alabama were to upset Georgia, then chaos really could reign because UGA with 29 straight wins and 2 time defending champ would be hell to pay if they did not get into the playoff.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
As Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend.

If favorites win, UGA, Mich, FSU and Oregon, that will be 4 of the top 5 in the playoff, with Washington losing out, and three would be 13-0. Only Texas would have a legit argument, and they played quite a few close games that they pulled out. Would suck for them, but the four that would be in the playoff would be harder to leave out.

The big wrench in the whole deal is if Alabama were to upset Georgia, then chaos really could reign because UGA with 29 straight wins and 2 time defending champ would be hell to pay if they did not get into the playoff.
I agree if the favorites all win, if it plays out that way FSU lucks out .Washington, Texas and Ala would beat them in a head to head match-up. I'm not convinced Ore. can beat Washington. Texas could have some trouble with OK State.

FSU backup QB did not look all that good vs FL last week (big dropoff in that game vs their starter who is a stud). But, the FSU D is pretty darn stout and UofL will have a hard time moving the ball, imo. If FSU plays even a B game, I think they win by 10. If they play well, they'll beat UofL by 20 points. If UofL forces a bunch of TOs, the Cards could win. But, FSU has more talent on both sides of the ball. Giving 2-1/2 points seems like a sucker bet, right? Vegas rarely misses very far. Can't believe a team that lost on their home field to a 7-5 mid-SEC team is only a 2.5 dog to a team that beat LSU and Florida in the SEC this year.

I agree if the favorites all win, if it plays out that way FSU lucks out .Washington, Texas and Ala would beat them in a head to head match-up. I'm not convinced Ore. can beat Washington. Texas could have some trouble with OK State.
Ok State is 5-1 on money line, which is very attractive, what makes you think that they can beat Texas?

Alabama winning would be chaos. Playoff would be Michigan, PAC12 winner, and then how do you pick 2/4 from undefeated FSU, 1 loss Texas who beat Bama, 1 loss Bama, and 1 loss UGA who ran through their schedule only to lose to Bama?

Honestly think FSU gets left out in that situation. Have no clue who they’d pick out of the other 3. The rest of the country would go nuts if Bama and UGA got in over Texas but think that would be right

Wonder if GA-Bama loser and ORG-Wash loser would play in a bowl? That game may be better than the NC game.

The number 2 QB for FSU went into a slide in the UF game. Two UF defenders hit him and one was ejected for targeting. The QB was removed and later reentered the game. There is concern that he will be held out per concussion protocol. That is why the spread dropped.

In what world is Washington a 9.5 point dog to Oregon? Is there injuries? I can see Oregon being the favorite but not at 9.5

Ok State is 5-1 on money line, which is very attractive, what makes you think that they can beat Texas?
They can put up points ,if they don't beat themselves they have a shot. Avoid falling behind early, Texas has played a few close games and will probably feel a little added pressure

What would be total chaos is Iowa beats Michigan, Bama beats Georgia Louisville beats FSU and Oregon beats Washington. Top 8 would all have 1 loss then what does the committee do?

In what world is Washington a 9.5 point dog to Oregon? Is there injuries? I can see Oregon being the favorite but not at 9.5
I think it’s because UW hasn’t looked right in a month and OU would have beat them first time if not for going 0-3 on fourth downs and Penix going hero mode in fourth quarter. Does seem like a lot of points.

The playoff lines are out too at some places if selection was today. UGA -1 vs Oregon caught my eye.

The number 2 QB for FSU went into a slide in the UF game. Two UF defenders hit him and one was ejected for targeting. The QB was removed and later reentered the game. There is concern that he will be held out per concussion protocol. That is why the spread dropped.
I read some articles yesterday on the ACC game and did not see any mention of it, but that makes sense

I read some articles yesterday on the ACC game and did not see any mention of it, but that makes sense

I haven't read any articles speculating he is out. I am sure USF would try to keep it under wraps until game time. It is a topic of discussion for people who bet on games and are curious as to why the spread has dropped.

Last edited:
Wash has never looked as good as they did the first half of the season and beating Oregon. Lots of close results against mediocre opponents. Oregon meanwhile has been getting better and better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT