ADVERTISEMENT

Once again Z outperforms Ugo in less mins.

Have 3 of the best offensive guards we have seen at Uk in a while and a bunch of mid everywhere else

And they're all shit defenders. Reed is passable as a guy who can play the passing lanes with anticipation. Read what they said about why the Spurs would even think about matching Reed with Wembanyama. Because with his offensive skills you can take a chance on his mediocre defense with a guy like Wemby who can erase some of his mistakes.

It’s mind boggling how Ugo can block 10 shots vs. Florida and hold his own 6 days ago against Aidoo. But tonight looked like he’s never played basketball in his life.
That 10 block game was prob an anomaly. I’ve been hard on Ugo but he just doesn’t belong here. Can’t catch the ball, slow to react. Can’t score. Basically the only reason he plays is because he’s 7’. And not a very good 7’r. Outside that one game, he’s really done nothing at all.

That 10 block game was prob an anomaly. I’ve been hard on Ugo but he just doesn’t belong here. Can’t catch the ball, slow to react. Can’t score. Basically the only reason he plays is because he’s 7’. And not a very good 7’r. Outside that one game, he’s really done nothing at all.
Ugo is extremely inconsistent, but he is very young and can improve.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
And they're all shit defenders. Reed is passable as a guy who can play the passing lanes with anticipation. Read what they said about why the Spurs would even think about matching Reed with Wembanyama. Because with his offensive skills you can take a chance on his mediocre defense with a guy like Wemby who can erase some of his mistakes.
I hope people are prepared because next years team is gonna be worse than this one. The guard play is going to be significantly worse and the bigs might be a little better but not much, I’m fine with ugo Bradshaw and z leaving. Get theiro back, and maybe find somebody else. But they have to get Peterson or two of the best guards in the portal

Last edited:
If our big men get pulled away higher than the free throw line on defense the other team's guards' chances of scoring are infinitely better. We have to find a way for them to be able to get back close enough to the rim they can actually block or alter shots.

Forget how Z is in and out sometimes tonight after a min and doing well.

Z 3of3 7pts, 2rebs, 3 blocks, 1 assist and 1 awesome steal in 16 mins.

Ugo 2pts, 2 rebs, 1 assist, 2 blocks in 19 mins.

Z also is in and out til Cow finally figures out Z needs to be in down 8.
They both sucked and helped cost us the game

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Z brought zero to the table tonight. He can’t rebound or defend. He’s just a giant below average guard in a big man’s body
He beat Ugo in every Stat in less mins including over 3 times the point production. At least he dunks it snd doesn't fumble the most basic pass. Ugo has hands of stone abd has scored 2pts in his last 49 mins!!!

Forget how Z is in and out sometimes tonight after a min and doing well.

Z 3of3 7pts, 2rebs, 3 blocks, 1 assist and 1 awesome steal in 16 mins.

Ugo 2pts, 2 rebs, 1 assist, 2 blocks in 19 mins.

Z also is in and out til Cow finally figures out Z needs to be in down 8.
We could have literally went 4 on 5 and left all 3 big men on the bench and the final score would have been within 5 points of what it was.

Who gives a flying shit about which of those big softies played more minutes?

He beat Ugo in every Stat in less mins including over 3 times the point production. At least he dunks it snd doesn't fumble the most basic pass. Ugo has hands of stone abd has scored 2pts in his last 49 mins!!!
Why are we fighting about which one of our players are better? Let's fight against the other team. Why is everyone on here an asshole when it comes to cheering for the Cats?

Why are we fighting about which one of our players are better? Let's fight against the other team. Why is everyone on here an asshole when it comes to cheering for the Cats?
Because Ugo is killing us. 2 points in his last 49 minutes in 2 games. How can you expect us to do anything with that? Z is at least a threat. Ugo struggles to rebound when it hits him in the chest, 2nd chance pts were the difference tonight.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
Unless a 7 footer has really good coordination and physicality like for example KAT, I think college teams are better served with 6’9- 6’10” bigs. They’re generally more coordinated and thicker build. These 7 foot projects aint it.

X’s 7 points where he gives up 20 points in the other end. In 30 mins, z would give up 40 points a game
I guess I just don't see how people don't get it. Did you see that steal Z had at the end of the game where he stayed in bounds as a 7 foot, 2 player. And gave a great pass for the assist. He has so much more upside. Maybe you're right. It's too late. He's only played 8 games. He just has so much more potential than Ugo in my opinion.

Unless a 7 footer has really good coordination and physicality like for example KAT, I think college teams are better served with 6’9- 6’10” bigs. They’re generally more coordinated and thicker build. These 7 foot projects aint it.
Did you see that steal Z had at the end of the game where he stayed in bounds as a 7 foot, 2 player. And gave a great pass for the assist. He has so much more upside. Maybe it's too late. He's only played 8 games. He just has so much more potential than Ugo in my opinion.

Let's be frank here in defense of Big Z. The NCAA f*cked him. He played in his 14th game just this evening. He's only played 163 minutes. He was basically behind for 3 months because of it. Being at Kentucky he didn't have the normal amount of time you'd expect to have.

Nothing should be held against him. His clearance was bullshit in the time it took to be concluded by the NCAA. It hurt him and us big time and it's not debatable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT