ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL FLORIDA VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD••

I'd take 75%.

Tonight UK was 65%.

You wouldn't take 75% if we still lost. Then it would be 85%. And if we lost we'd still blame free throws.

There are teams in college shooting 40 and 60% as we speak. There are teams in the NBA shooting 70%.

If Cal isn't the answer because of free throw shooting, fine. But then who is?

The answer to me is having someone start investigating SEC officiating, building a report, and identifying problem officials. But unfortunately, thats a futile exercise.

My hope here is that when Cal leaves, maybe we get a coach that officials like. But I think this is just as much of an SEC/anti-UK problem as it is Cal not being liked by refs.

We just have to be 10-15 points better. And that's how we got some of our best tournament wins: when the officiating was even, and kentucky was allowed to win games, despite not being perfect. We'd have 2-3 losses this season and be ranked top5 if that was the case.

Just so tired of it. It's draining to feel like our team is playing with a hand toed behind its back. I watch a lot of sports, and I've just never seen anything quite like it. We start games in a hole, and not only is that sometimes impossible to come out of, but then we rail the coach (and the players) when they ultimately can't pull a rabbit out of their ass.

• Haha
Reactions: Jxgator111b
Maybe he should’ve of fouled but that doesn’t excuse lazy defense. The game could have been won. No one should get a pass. Saying that reed costed the game on that isn’t sticking up for Cal. This you either hate cal or love cal around here stuff is getting old
One play doesn’t cost a game.

That shot “cost” us the win genius
That’s stupid. In a game that tight any one play “cost” us the game. That play just stands out to casuals because it was the last play of regulation. Setting up an inbound play for the best shooters to take free throws or fouling before the shot were just as important. Maybe even having Reeves, who he calls the best defender on the hot hand. Not to mention the OT play calls. We know you can’t stand Sheppard though so enjoy your bashing.

That's the thing road games are tough. But even at home we have to play perfect and have no margin of error. None. Duke doesn't have that. Look at their game Saturday. Gifted to them. Reeves driving down the court with 3 seconds to go getting hand checked the whole way. At the Phog that's a foul. Not in Rupp. Also foul when up 3. Say what you want but we don't get the same whistle as other teams at home. I hope Don daily and Chuck Jones get fired.
And thats the way it will be as long as Cal is here. Even then it may not change. I feel like a handful of refs have had it in for Cal and then after the fanbase retaliated that last rooferee job the rest of the refs have had it out for UK in general.

A hungrier coach would be calling time outs, fouling when up three, attacking other teams weakness and stopping their strengths. Cal is not hungry and that is a problem.
He's hungry alright. Just the wrong kind of hungry. Been that way for a while.
dodgeball-tournament.gif

Why does Cal not get the bench in with a couple of minutes to go. Always waits till about 30 seconds to go.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT