ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunately It's time for the who stays, who goes thread?

wobycat

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2003
Exhausted with the black hole of Cal Coaching so here's a list

Cal - Anywhere but here
Mitchell - Grad
Reeves - Grad

Dillingham - NBA
Sheppard - NBA
Wagner - NBA
Edwards- NBA

Bradshaw - Transfer
Ugo - Transfer

Thiero - Stays
Z - Stays

Reactions: Fox2monk
It doesn't matter who goes or who stays. Every year since 2012 has showed us that. We don't build or learn anything from the previous season so who cares?

Don’t expect anyone back. Guys will go pro or transfer. Why in the world would anyone want to come back and play for Cal, if he’s here next year?

Reactions: NociHTTP
Hopefully Edwards and Wagner are back playing for another coach but doubt that would happen.

Really have to answer the Calipari question before we can answer the other.

If Cal is gone, they'll probably all leave. If Cal is back, a lot of guys need to come back. A few will. Most won't.

It won't matter. We're built for March. We're just never ready for March.

I don't think Wagner or Edwards will stay, but both should. They are awfully young to hear that their high school evaluations of their skills weren't accurate. It's not as bad as a child star not getting work after puberty, but it's similar. If Calipari wants to live up to "Players First" he should give both an accurate assessment of their possibilities.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Exhausted with the black hole of Cal Coaching so here's a list

Cal - Anywhere but here
Mitchell - Grad
Reeves - Grad

Dillingham - NBA
Sheppard - NBA
Wagner - NBA
Edwards- NBA

Bradshaw - Transfer
Ugo - Transfer

Thiero - Stays
Z - Stays
Honestly I don’t even care. I’m so apathetic right now toward Cal and this program it doesn’t matter.

If Cal leaves, Thiero and Z will leave as well. Not a huge deal imo but just thought I’d point it out.

Below is my list of guys that have any chance of returning if Cal returns:
-Adou
-Z
-Reed
-DJ
-Burks

Every other player I would put at 0.0% chance of staying. Those above don’t all have good odds, I just think they’re above 0.

Reed is the only one I could see staying regardless of the Cal decision because his decision is much more NBA v UK than Transfer v NBA v Cal like the others.

Outside of Reed(Dilly 100% isnt coming back) I couldn't care less. They are all thiefs right now. Stealing NIL money because of the name they wear across their chest and not because of the name they have on their backs.
I don't think you can blame the players. They are functioning in a culture established by Cal. With different leadership and program culture the execution and outcomes would likely have been much better.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Everyone is gone.

Z is going pro.
Thiero is transferring.
Bradshaw is transferring.
Ugo is going somewhere that isn't here.

Cal stays and continues his tenure of destruction.

If Cal leaves, Thiero and Z will leave as well. Not a huge deal imo but just thought I’d point it out.

Below is my list of guys that have any chance of returning if Cal returns:
-Adou
-Z
-Reed
-DJ
-Burks

Every other player I would put at 0.0% chance of staying. Those above don’t all have good odds, I just think they’re above 0.

Reed is the only one I could see staying regardless of the Cal decision because his decision is much more NBA v UK than Transfer v NBA v Cal like the others.
There is no world where Edwards, DJ, Z, are pros. I’m sorry. I don’t even think Sheppard is a pro yet. I have no idea how he’s a top 10 pick. He’s got some great stuff to his game, but he’s got some huge weaknesses too.

Why would any player come back? Go play for a coach that will actually coach you.

We need a new coach now, so we can start building a roster. Unless that new coach is still coaching...
I'm pretty sure he is.

I think the top 2 are Scott Drew and Bruce Pearl.
If not those 2, Dusty May.
Otzelberger at Iowa State would be another interesting candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT