ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

UNC is not headed for sanctions. BB program did nothing wrong. Women's BB and Olympic sports will be hit because one women who in her mind was actually helping folks like herself when she was in school. Please don't react, I'm just stating to you this is over- blown by media just like they always do. There were things done wrong, but by an employee any school could have....any school. Also paper classes are at every school. More regular students by far took these classes. The only reason I post this is because the media and folks who are not directly involved don't know the details and the real story. UNC is traditionally a non-react school. In this case, I wish they would have come back and defended themselves way more than they did, but it's not their style. Many UNC folks are actually mad at the school because they were too honest, the opened up records and let them interview folks that they didn't have to. All I'm saying is, this was the same type employee that any school could have working for them, and if athletes who had nothing to do with this lady are punished, it's really an injustice. I know folks will react to this, but nobody in the men's BB program is worried. They know they are not getting punished for anything, because they didn't do anything wrong despite the full onslaught by non-fact based reports funded by other college boosters. I would warn you not to judge too quick and learn the real facts. Because UK could be next if non- fact based reports continue to go unchallenged. It is astonishing to me how this has been blown up by ESPN and others, only because it's UNC and over half those in charge at ESPN are Duke grads.go ahead and join the bandwagon, but as soon as one litlle story about coach cal and WWW gets out, the Duke folks at ESPN will be all over it and you will see how unfair it is, and non-fact based.

Sarcasm? You really can't be THAT stupid, can you?

^ UNCfanofhoops

Really! I feel better know that it has come from yet another jackasses mouth!

You can't be serious in believing this has been over blown by any media outlet. If anything it has been buried behind every other field hockey story available.

You don't have to threaten BBN either wil Calipari and his relationship with WWW because has had as much coverage as the UNCCheat scandal

But if coming over here and telling your side makes you feel better, continue on making us laugh!,,

UNC is not headed for sanctions. BB program did nothing wrong. Women's BB and Olympic sports will be hit because one women who in her mind was actually helping folks like herself when she was in school. Please don't react, I'm just stating to you this is over- blown by media just like they always do. There were things done wrong, but by an employee any school could have....any school. Also paper classes are at every school. More regular students by far took these classes. The only reason I post this is because the media and folks who are not directly involved don't know the details and the real story. UNC is traditionally a non-react school. In this case, I wish they would have come back and defended themselves way more than they did, but it's not their style. Many UNC folks are actually mad at the school because they were too honest, the opened up records and let them interview folks that they didn't have to. All I'm saying is, this was the same type employee that any school could have working for them, and if athletes who had nothing to do with this lady are punished, it's really an injustice. I know folks will react to this, but nobody in the men's BB program is worried. They know they are not getting punished for anything, because they didn't do anything wrong despite the full onslaught by non-fact based reports funded by other college boosters. I would warn you not to judge too quick and learn the real facts. Because UK could be next if non- fact based reports continue to go unchallenged. It is astonishing to me how this has been blown up by ESPN and others, only because it's UNC and over half those in charge at ESPN are Duke grads.go ahead and join the bandwagon, but as soon as one litlle story about coach cal and WWW gets out, the Duke folks at ESPN will be all over it and you will see how unfair it is, and non-fact based.

[laughing]

I had no idea these waterheads were still thinking this would fly.

Dude, UNC's entire athletic program is a fraud. Everything they've accomplished has been ill-gotten.

[laughing]

I had no idea these waterheads were still thinking this would fly.

Dude, UNC's entire athletic program is a fraud. Everything they've accomplished has been ill-gotten.

Sadly, I read a LOT of this same crap on the UNC board by posters like dsouthr just after the scandal hit. He was absolutely convinced that the scandal was media driven and that all UNC did was offer some REAL independent studies. Then, I recall RevHeels coming on this board and calling us liars. We posted some articles documenting the fraud and he ran away.....never to be seen again. [roll]

Reactions: jarms24
Sadly, I read a LOT of this same crap on the UNC board by posters like dsouthr just after the scandal hit. He was absolutely convinced that the scandal was media driven and that all UNC did was offer some REAL independent studies. Then, I recall RevHeels coming on this board and calling us liars. We posted some articles documenting the fraud and he ran away.....never to be seen again. [roll]

I mean right after things started becoming public, I can understand the denial. Just like UL and their whores.

But now? Really? Good gawd. No one is buying it that doesn't have their head up UNC's ass.

Reactions: Lumpy 2 and jarms24
I mean right after things started becoming public, I can understand the denial. Just like UL and their whores.

But now? Really? Good gawd. No one is buying it that doesn't have their head up UNC's ass.

Bradley Bethel will certainly learn us a few things if he gets enough money selling shoes to finish his "movie." He will splain how this wasn't a men's bball issue and how the academics at UNC were totally at fault. And, of course, he will splain how Roy knew what the players were doing in the classroom and at the same time have NO idea what was going on in the classroom![roll]

Reactions: Lumpy 2 and jarms24
Are you related to Bobby?

The sad thing is that UNC fans know that they probably are going to skate without any consequences.That allows them to continue to give everyone the finger.

The sad thing is that UNC fans know that they probably are going to skate without any consequences.That allows them to continue to give everyone the finger.

The reason that they almost all disappeared from this site is that they are laying low HOPING that they will skate. They are all scared out of their wits. Don't believe the propaganda that they truly think they have nothing to fear. That is a bold lie.

[roll] Is this Shun's new account?

UNC is going to get absolutely drilled and they know it , they offered up more cheating to stave off judgement just to play this years tournament .

their chance of skating went down the drain when Emmert had to stand before Congress
the same with UL

since then look at Cuse and SMU, and how they got punished

Hope that you are right.Nothing would make me happier because I have had to put up with those hypocritical pos all my life

You might want to go back and re-read the Notice of Allegations. When discussing the Lack of Institutional Control allegation, it states the following on page forty-nine:

"This allowed individuals within ASPSA to use these courses through special arrangements to maintain the eligibility of academically at-risk student-athletes, particularly in the sports of football, men's basketball and women's basketball."
As far as your assertion of this being limited to things done by "an employee any school could have" is concerned, the Wainstein Report and SACS would disagree with you. The 2014 Letter from SACS stated the following on page two:

"The investigative report clearly refutes the institution's claims that the academic fraud was relegated to the unethical actions of two people."
UNC did not challenge this statement in their response to SACS, indicating tacit agreement. Further, this statement was part of the charge that UNC violated the Principle of Integrity, which supported SACS decision to place UNC on probation. A serious action for an accrediting agency to take.

In other words, over-blown media stories do not result in universities being placed on probation by their accrediting agencies. That only happens when something serious truly occurred. Again, in the words of SACS (page three of 2014 letter):

"...caused by the nearly 20 years of proven academic irregularities."​

These aren't over-blown details or things that happen everywhere.

Last edited:
Another part of the article:

It's not uncomplicated. Roy Williams' name appeared but once in the notice of allegations, and only when the basketball coach expressed disdain that so many of his players were in the same major. That might not merit a seat in the timeout chair alongside fellow Hall of Famers Larry Brown and Jim Boeheim, each docked multiple games this season for their program's miscues.

I find this to be revisionist history and misleading. Even if it's true that Roy didn't like the clustering that occurred, nothing actually changed until after 2009 (which as I mentioned seemed to coincide more with the fact of Crowder leaving her position at UNC and Wayne Walden leaving as well than it had to do with Roy Williams.)

What was Roy Williams doing before then, i.e. starting in 2003-04 at UNC?

Beyond that, if anything the players ended up clustering back in Communications and Sociology (majors at UNC for which many of these AFAM courses could still be used for credit) so it's an open question whether any of the cheating within the basketball program ever stopped, even with the change in major.

To step back even further, this idea that Roy was the catalyst for change in 2009 is based on some comments he gave to Wainstein. The information much earlier around the time the scandal first broke suggested that UNC basketball players were taken out of AFAM courses not from Roy Williams' direction but because whichever academic advisor took over after Walden (sorry can't remember her name) was appalled at the clustering and heavy reliance on paper classes and insisted that the athlete's courses be changed. (if anyone remembers the details or can cite an article which discusses this please let me know. I believe it was in the N & O.)

So frankly I give Roy Williams little to no credit for the move away from AFAM. The only 'evidence' that he did anything positive was from his own statement to an investigator without any tangible proof (i.e. an email etc.)

And remember this is the same Roy Williams who bragged about how closely he follows his player's classwork, until hard evidence was presented as to just how lax and even non-existent this 'classwork' was, to which Williams turned around and said he couldn't be expected to know what classes his players take (for which he's earned hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses for his player's academic achievements BTW).

I find the whole thing unbelievable that the coaching and academic staff weren't fully cognizant of what was going on. After all every program is going to have mandatory study halls and academic support made available to ensure these players get their work done, not to mention periodically check that they're actually attending their classes. Does anyone actually believe that the UNC staff were completely oblivious to the fact that Rashad McCants, for example, went an entire semester without seemingly any classes to attend or homework to do? Ridiculous!

Given Roy's best and remotely plausible argument, I could see him giving the wink and a nod to Wayne.
"Wayne, I need my boys getting the grades. You handle that so I can coach basketball. I don't need to know the details, that's what I've hired you for."

Know? Yes.
The details? Most likely, but like I said, trying to come up with his best argument isn't much better than the loose interpretation above.

Probably but strict liability covers that.

Oh and i love watching cincy crush fools.

good read. i especially like the references to "injustice," the school was " too honest," and the "non-fact based reports."

Does it matter which employee did it? Not that I believe your point here because, I believe more knew than what we are being told at this point. Regardless of that point, student athletes including men's basketball were implicated in taking the fake courses to remain eligible. You can hide your head in the sand and defend your stance all you want but, the bottom lines tells anyone with common sense that NCAA rules were broken.

The wheels of justice grind slowly....but they grind exceedingly fine.

Me? I love the "slowly" part. It's like Chinese Water Torture. The longer it goes on, the longer those self-righteous Heel schmucks have to suffer.

Haha. Yea, sure. Throw women under the bus to cover for your cheating ass university. Can Julius peppers read yet? Is Mccants somewhere making a doctor on campus?

GTFO Cheater. Justifying cheating, throwing women under the bus, and lying your ass off isn't going to change anything. You and your family root for cheaters, that's why yall touted "the way" for so long. The ones cheating the most always, always pretend to be the cleanest.

Was the censored part "she gave it to him, then we ran a train on her?"

If so, that's a hilarious transition.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Did I hear that football player correctly at the end of that segment? It was beeped out, but did he say that a girl took them then gave it to them to turn in, then they ran a train on her? "Train" being the beeped out word?

Did I hear that football player correctly at the end of that segment? It was beeped out, but did he say that a girl took them then gave it to them to turn in, then they ran a train on her? "Train" being the beeped out word?
I understand, at least theoretically, the female attraction to high profile athletes on campus - big, strong, popular, soon to be rich, etc.

But if you're one of their tutors/cheaters/test takers, wouldn't that really mitigate the appeal?

Set aside the hilarious lack of professionalism.

Knowing what she knows about them - that they're incapable of taking tests even in marshmallow classes - isn't talking to someone who can't read at least somewhat of a turn off? How does she talk dirty in bed?

"Come here, you big dummy. Who has been a naughty boy? Who can't read at a middle school level? That's right, you. Now roll over so I can spank you, you mentally deficient hunk of man."

Last edited:
Nice find Mark; good to see the word is still getting out about the truth in Chapel Hill.

Wow, is this recent, or from a few years ago?

Hey Mark, should K have known about Corey getting paid that summer? What about Chris' mom's new apartment and job? Rashad's sexual assaults, either of them? Well I guess we know where K stands on sexual assaults, we can just look at Sheldon Williams for that. But yeah, keep trashing other coaches while putting K up on a pedestal. By the way, have you voiced your thoughts on Cal talking to a State commit yet on this board? I'm sure the posters here would love to read it.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Nice find Mark; good to see the word is still getting out about the truth in Chapel Hill.

Wow, is this recent, or from a few years ago?

Hey Mark, should K have known about Corey getting paid that summer? What about Chris' mom's new apartment and job? Rashad's sexual assaults, either of them? Well I guess we know where K stands on sexual assaults, we can just look at Sheldon Williams for that. But yeah, keep trashing other coaches while putting K up on a pedestal. By the way, have you voiced your thoughts on Cal talking to a State commit yet on this board? I'm sure the posters here would love to read it.
Somebody's mad. :grimace::grimace::grimace::angry::angry::angry:

I understand, at least theoretically, the female attraction to high profile athletes on campus - big, strong, popular, soon to be rich, etc.

But if you're one of their tutors/cheaters/test takers, wouldn't that really mitigate the appeal?

Set aside the hilarious lack of professionalism.

Knowing what she knows about them - that they're incapable of taking tests even in marshmallow classes - isn't talking to someone who can't read at least somewhat of a turn off? How does she talk dirty in bed?

"Come here, you big dummy. Who has been a naughty boy? Who can't read at a middle school level? That's right, you. Now roll over so I can spank you, you mentally deficient hunk of man."
You have a lot to learn about female priorities in mate selection compadre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT