ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

You have a lot to learn about female priorities in mate selection compadre.
I mean, I get the idea - I see who goobers like Trump and Lane Kiffin and Seth Rogen are landing, but I guess part of me just thinks "surely there's a limit somewhere" - like for example borderline retardation. And I guess that part of me is wrong.

Was the censored part "she gave it to him, then we ran a train on her?"

I believe so, one of those "wait, WHAT did he say?" moments...

A lot of revealing little gems in that interview. I believe what he was talking about at one point was how UNC coached players on how to intentionally flunk learning disability tests, because if they get a LD diagnosis, the school can assign special "note takers" to go to their classes and do all their work for them. Just so many shameless aspects to this UNC scandal.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK till Death
I think he was saying they ran a train on the test. She would take it and give it to baskaball Jones and the rest would copy it.

A lying, cheating snake indeed:

Andrew Carter‏@_andrewcarter

(Roy) Did mention "there's no allegations against men's basketball." But also mentioned obvious fact that he doesn't know what's coming.

CRI6ZV1WEAAUpLJ.jpg

The reason why I'm still here and why you'll be gone soon is that I'm always upfront. Unlike you I don't run around on other message boards insulting Cal, then come here trying to be friends. I guess you think posters here are too dumb to look for themselves, but I can tell you that is not the case. Oh, and guess what comes up when you google "mark gastineau calipari"? All of the posts you've made and liked over the past, all for them to see. So yeah, keep on topic...at least for the short term, afterwards I'm sure you'll be gone.

A lot of revealing little gems in that interview. I believe what he was talking at one point was how UNC coached players on how to intentionally flunk learning disability tests, because if they get a LD diagnosis, the school can assign special "note takers" to go to their classes and do all their work for them. Just so many shameless aspects to this UNC scandal.

And wasn't the person who owned the learning disability place the girlfriend of Fats of Wheels-for-Heels fame?

Just one more reminder of how huge this scandal actually is, and how very superficial and limited the various investigations have actually been to date.

That's why this scandal will continue to play out for the remainder of the decade at least IMO, regardless of what the NCAA chooses to do.

And wasn't the person who owned the learning disability place the girlfriend of Fats of Wheels-for-Heels fame?

Just one more reminder of how huge this scandal actually is, and how very superficial and limited the various investigations have actually been to date.

That's why this scandal will continue to play out for the remainder of the decade at least IMO, regardless of what the NCAA chooses to do.
I'd love to see Fats tell the rest of the world what he knows.

The reason why I'm still here and why you'll be gone soon is that I'm always upfront. Unlike you I don't run around on other message boards insulting Cal, then come here trying to be friends. I guess you think posters here are too dumb to look for themselves, but I can tell you that is not the case. Oh, and guess what comes up when you google "mark gastineau calipari"? All of the posts you've made and liked over the past, all for them to see. So yeah, keep on topic...at least for the short term, afterwards I'm sure you'll be gone.
More deflection. Stay on topic, troll.

As a neutral third party, I guess I'll link the thread that the tickler is talking about.

http://forums.rivals.com/threads/so-calipari-going-after-nc-state-commit-kirk.84648/

Not that it really applies to this situation, but I don't see anything very inflammatory about what Mark was saying - he expressed a general dislike for coaches in mbb contacting recruited players, but that's about it, at least for that thread.

He was wrong in his prediction that we wouldn't get the top class, though. Heheh.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
I think he was saying they ran a train on the test. She would take it and give it to baskaball Jones and the rest would copy it.

Yeah, upon re-listening, I think you're right, he was probably talking about running a train on the test answers, not the girl. As in one getting the answers off the "notetaker", and then the answers are passed on to the other players until they'd all gotten em and cheated.

Still really bad, though, just not in the way some of our dirty little minds originally pictured.

Last edited:
Reactions: ymmot31

You are here only because you want to deflect, make excuses, cover-up, and troll. Hey, Bradley "Tickle Me Elmo", how is the shoe-sales business these days?

Yeah, upon re-listening, I think you're right, he was talking about running a train on the test answers, not the girl. As in one copying the answers off the "notetaker", another copying off him, another copying off him, etc., until they'd all cheated and gotten the answers.

Still really bad, thought, just not in the way some of our dirty little minds originally pictured.
I don't think that's how the editors interpreted it, since the word "train" is bleeped out.

Reactions: 420grover
I don't think that's how the editors interpreted it, since the word "train" is bleeped out.

Good point. Well, whatever he meant by "running a train", one thing I'm sure of, he was NOT talking about a good thing they should've been doing.

Courtesy of @DevilDJ:

Andrew Carter‏@_andrewcarter

Asked Roy what he's been telling prospects amid the NCAA uncertainty. Says he acknowledges the uncertainty with them.

"Uncertainty?" Howso? No allegations vs MBB & Roy tells recruits no sanctions are coming...

“They mentioned it to me,” Robinson told ESPN.com. “Coach ensured me that the basketball program would not be touched and it had nothing to do with them.”

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/ac...cle_70bd8ffb-e708-5714-b970-1ff2a6b53659.html

Someone's lying. Smart money's on the guy with the track record....

CQFc54CUwAAuC9S.jpg
[

The video OP linked to says it was uploaded on Nov. 11, 2014. It's a nice nugget in a deluge of cheating and illegal activity at UNC. But, here we are nearly a whole year later and what has been accomplished in the investigation? There's enough evidence out there to give cause to burn down the UNC basketball and football programs. But, does anyone REALLY think that will happen? Does anyone actually think ANYTHING will happen to that rogue program?

No, I'm not talking about that thread in particular. Surely Mark will give us a link to that thread, he knows which one you'll all love. But, in the meantime, here are some more lovely comments and likes by your friend Mark (just a few of many at your fingertips via google):

http://duke.forums.rivals.com/threa...al-title-well-then-mission-accomplished.3765/

http://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/kentucky-fans-are-so-jealous-of-duke-program.4296/

http://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/did-i-hear-that-right.2606/

And especially this lovely thread:

http://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/calipari-article-on-espn.4494/

But, by all mean Mark, keep posting sound-bites from over a year ago...while ducking questions about K and his program.

Wow, is this recent, or from a few years ago?

Hey Mark, should K have known about Corey getting paid that summer? What about Chris' mom's new apartment and job? Rashad's sexual assaults, either of them? Well I guess we know where K stands on sexual assaults, we can just look at Sheldon Williams for that. But yeah, keep trashing other coaches while putting K up on a pedestal. By the way, have you voiced your thoughts on Cal talking to a State commit yet on this board? I'm sure the posters here would love to read it.
I can just see you stomping your feet and shaking your fists among the wingtips and high heels.

The video OP linked to says it was uploaded on Nov. 11, 2014. It's a nice nugget in a deluge of cheating and illegal activity at UNC. But, here we are nearly a whole year later and what has been accomplished in the investigation? There's enough evidence out there to give cause to burn down the UNC basketball and football programs. But, does anyone REALLY think that will happen? Does anyone actually think ANYTHING will happen to that rogue program?
UNC*** is labeled now. Unless someone is being deliberately obtuse the average college basketball fan now knows that UNC*** basketball and its athletic dept. are, if not the dirtiest, among the dirtiest programs of all time.

I lived in North Carolina for 10 years and I cannot tell you how they looked down at UK fans and UK basketball because of the issues with the NCAA.

Meanwhile the great Dean Smith, Bill Guthridge, Matt Doherty, and Ol' Roy and the University of North Carolina were running a diploma mill for their players. I have said it before if the NCAA does nothing to them the façade of amateurism is completely dead. The NCAA talks student athlete but the student part will be gone. A scholarship will be for room and board, the workout facilities and the coaching not for receiving an education. So much for that free education everyone touts when discussing the deal for playing ball in college. Sorry for the rant but the NCAA has to do something to them. The NCAA's livelihood depends on it.

Last edited:
The learning disability scam is particularly damaging if the press ever latches onto that and the NCAA is forced to address it. The problem is UNC was on such an out-of-control decades long crime spree it is impossible to keep up with it all.

so the 5 violations are made up? that what is being reported. some of the violations affected the NC team who won the title.
Haha. Yea, sure. Throw women under the bus to cover for your cheating ass university. Can Julius peppers read yet? Is Mccants somewhere making a doctor on campus?

GTFO Cheater. Justifying cheating, throwing women under the bus, and lying your ass off isn't going to change anything. You and your family root for cheaters, that's why yall touted "the way" for so long. The ones cheating the most always, always pretend to be the cleanest.

It is astonishing to me how this has been blown up by ESPN and others, only because it's UNC and over half those in charge at ESPN are Duke grads.go ahead and join the bandwagon, but as soon as one litlle story about coach cal and WWW gets out, the Duke folks at ESPN will be all over it and you will see how unfair it is, and non-fact based.
What's astonishing is hearing a peep out of UNC-ran ESPN about this scandal. But please let us know how the UNC investigation is so media-biased k? You know Wainstein was a lawyer hired by the school right?

Although i do agree no meaningful sanctions are imminent which has everything to do with TV money.

the ncaa are just corrupt. you have "student athletes". students who are athletes. then you have unc athletes that didn't have to be students. and the ncaa emphasizes "students" to be the most important part of that phrase, and they show this in their commercials every march - when former student-athletes are in their work place and get some extra motivation from remembering the competitive nature of their athletic past. and these athlete-non students at unc played games. a lot of games. what could be more within ncaa jurisdiction than this? unc is literally pissing on ncaa slogans. and they may go unpunished because all the ncaa cares about is money. i never knew how blatantly. common sense says unc should be punished harder than any program ever. beyond any reasonable doubt.

Here's the deal:

I don't really care what Mark has said or thinks about UK. He's a Duke fan. I don't expect him to like us or our coach. God knows what I've said about Duke and Coach K in my life. But I do respect them, and I'm an adult capable of separating issues and discussing them individually.

So no, I don't like Duke. He probably doesn't like Kentucky. But I do think Mark seems like a good dude, and we both hate Carolina and pitiful trolls on the internet, so we can find a lot of common ground and laugh at your fraud of a program and fanbase, hand-in-hand, despite our differences.

How do you say 'kumbaya' in Swahili?

No, I'm not talking about that thread in particular. Surely Mark will give us a link to that thread, he knows which one you'll all love. But, in the meantime, here are some more lovely comments and likes by your friend Mark (just a few of many at your fingertips via google):

http://duke.forums.rivals.com/threa...al-title-well-then-mission-accomplished.3765/

http://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/kentucky-fans-are-so-jealous-of-duke-program.4296/

But, by all mean Mark, keep posting sound-bites from over a year ago...while ducking questions about K and his program.
Going through his opinions - some of which were already on the MB - lots of UK fans thought that the "draft above titles" quote was really dumb of Cal to say. He caught tons of heat on here for it. He's a crazy good coach, but he gets caught up saying crazy things sometimes.

It seems pretty clear to me that UCLA is not the greatest program of all time, but if that's really his opinion (meaning he wasn't just trying to give the UK fan a hard time), it's not like he's the only one who makes the claim - a minority of basketball fans do so, based on titles.

I disagree and think that the argument is poor in light of the fact that their winning percentage outside of that decade is in the 60 something range, but whatever.

Lots of UK fans thought Harrison's comment was a punk move after the loss. We had multiple big threads on it.

He's right that Cal is not in K's universe on the all time greatness list - Cal just hasn't accomplished enough yet, though it's indisputable that his pace at Kentucky will put him near the top of the big list sooner or later.

He's objectively wrong if he really believes that Cal is not right there with K currently in terms of top coaches. They are the top two and no one else is close - best 2 recruiters by far, best 2 sets of results over the past 6 years by far, and neither is far ahead of the other in that respect. Again, no Cal is not all-time comparable to K at this point in his career - but when you talk about how dangerous they are as a coach right now, then they are incredibly close.

But unless he's accusing Cal of cheating in that members only thread, it's just a bunch of fan banter, more or less.

Maybe one of the ex players will write a book about what went on concerning the bogus classes but they will need help writing it:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, you troll other boards so that you can take your findings to a rival board and try to stir up crap that isn't part of the discussion? Seriously, do you have ANY ethics at all?

Going through his opinions - some of which were already on the MB - lots of UK fans thought that the "draft above titles" quote was really dumb of Cal to say. He caught tons of heat on here for it. He's a crazy good coach, but he gets caught up saying crazy things sometimes.

It seems pretty clear to me that UCLA is not the greatest program of all time, but if that's really his opinion (meaning he wasn't just trying to give the UK fan a hard time), it's not like he's the only one who makes the claim - a minority of basketball fans do so, based on titles.

I disagree and think that the argument is poor in light of the fact that their winning percentage outside of that decade is in the 60 something range, but whatever.

Lots of UK fans thought Harrison's comment was a punk move after the loss. We had multiple big threads on it.

He's right that Cal is not in K's universe on the all time greatness list - Cal just hasn't accomplished enough yet, though it's indisputable that his pace at Kentucky will put him near the top of the big list sooner or later.

He's objectively wrong if he really believes that Cal is not right there with K currently in terms of top coaches. They are the top two and no one else is close - best 2 recruiters by far, best 2 sets of results over the past 6 years by far, and neither is far ahead of the other in that respect. Again, no Cal is not all-time comparable to K at this point in his career - but when you talk about how dangerous they are as a coach right now, then they are incredibly close.

But unless he's accusing Cal of cheating in that members only thread, it's just a bunch of fan banter, more or less.
Much appreciated, Jkwo. Glad we can agree to disagree on certain topics while still being civil. We can, however, always agree on the fact that Bobby is a terrible troll.[laughing]

Reactions: jarms24
Don't worry about it, Mark! Unlike the Tarheel board, we don't ban posters for what they say on other boards. It is so obvious that the Tarheel fans and people like Bethel are working overtime to keep the truth from being known. Keep up the good work!
Thanks preacher. Agreed, this board is light years ahead of THR.

Courtesy of @LetsGoDukies, who posted the following on our home board. Post 1 of 2:

Manalishi has spoken again on the PackPride forum . . . Here's what he had to say.....

First off:

I feel that every so often certain reminders need repeating, simply for posterity’s sake.

The days of PP breaking major scandal news have been over for awhile, but don’t misunderstand the reasons behind that. It has not been due to a lack of intel that has been gathered, uncovered, and/or shared with those of influence.

Those late-night bombshells essentially ended with the multi-week PJH situation. After that point in time a lot of the dynamics of unc’s obfuscation (of its athletic-slash-academic scandal) kicked into a different gear, and it was determined that posting information on the boards in such a fashion was not the best way to bring eventual enlightenment. (You may be asking, “determined by whom”? In part by people who have a vested and shared interest in several different educational platforms.)

I know the results of this tactical alteration are not as fun as the days of Marvin, McAdoo, Blake, Peppers, and PJ, et al, but the reasons for the shift in approach have, in my view, been justified.

Having said all of that, I am going to still try to make the effort to pass along small bits of information when time allows and (even more importantly) when prudent. There could be another update in a week, or this might be the last post until Spring or Summer; impossible to say. Even five years ago a certain percentage of facts were withheld (in posts) for reasons of future leverage; those percentages have understandably gone way up in the past 24 months. Again, not fun for most, but necessary.

The following are a few of the items that have been gathered primarily over the past 4-6 weeks, with a couple of the more interesting points coming to surface even more recently – which ultimately prompted this update.

As alluded to above, much of the information posted here is often very edited in form and content. Some of the details were passed on by sources that I’d like to shield, and others were gathered through more first-hand methods. I know some will scoff at such notions, and that’s okay. Understandable, and doesn’t bother me a bit.

Take the following with as much of a grain of salt as you’d like. These days I’m indifferent when it comes to trying to convince anyone of anything; the wheels are in motion, regardless.

I gather, dissect, and assess, and then if warranted, deliver. Charlie Mike; drive on.

-- Numerous members of the national athletic-leadership community have been (very unofficially) issuing their displeasure of the new “Dean Smith” award, particularly since UNC’s very own paid-for reporting shows the scandal clearly spans several years into Smith’s regime (including the point of original). Not every national school and athletic leader is fully aware of all of those facts, of course – but many more are aware than the casual observer realizes. Word gets around, despite PR efforts aimed at the casual sports fan.

Those leaders who are displeased have sent very concise signals to the NCAA. Paraphrased: If you want to save the legacy of a man out of respect for his recent departure, then fine. (That is, unfortunately, the way the political and corporate worlds often work.) But… you better hold the university and its programs accountable for the years that followed, since this blight has negatively affected MANY schools and athletic programs across the country. (again, my paraphrase of the general tone of some of the comments)

A close variation of that sentiment was repeated by several different collegiate leaders at various times over the past month, at two separate (and unconnected) conferences/gatherings.

That is a fact. There are less than a half-dozen people whom I fully trust in regards to this topic, and all are well-placed in their areas of specialty. One of them was privy to a nearly 30-minute conversation on this topic at one of the above-mentioned gatherings.

And no, you are extremely unlikely to see any of those leaders go on record; such dealings are behind closed doors for a reason. Again, the parallels with the worlds of the political and corporate need to be kept in mind.

-- Other coalitions that are keeping close tabs on the situation are certain Higher Education watchdog groups. It is verified that some of them have been in contact with their political allies, as well as representatives of the NCAA. Their message: we are following the situation and will use our contacts and future political influence as deemed appropriate.

-- Piggybacking on the above: politics used to be a safe haven for UNC and the perception of this scandal. There have been some small cracks in that foundation, to say the least.

I have a strong disdain for politics (no matter the party); my reasons are unimportant to this conversation. However, a wise man still recognizes the power that is wielded through politics. Those who rely on politicians need to always remember the phrase “looking out for number one”, because that is what will always take place in the mind of (99% of) politicians. (my opinion)

Due to the ever-growing duration and breadth of the scandal, there are some undeniable signs that UNC’s political allies are becoming fewer and fewer. Some have left the fight due to frustrations from being kept in the dark or outright deceived by UNC’s leaders (both named and unnamed). Not smart on the university’s part; they have miscalculated their power-play moves numerous times over the past few years.

Some allies, however, have begun to distance themselves so that when the proverbial stuff hits the fan, they are well out of the splatter zone. There is a LOT that still hasn’t come out that spans more than just athletics (and it most likely never will come out) – but some of these politicians apparently don’t want to take any chances.

The end result is a loss of allies, and thus leverage, on UNC’s part.

Post 2 of 2:

-- Research and intel is still being gathered on potential higher numbers, but it can be stated with confidence that there are currently (as of 9 OCT) four schools that have tasked their respective university legal teams with a “what if” scenario, so to speak. “If the NCAA does not take adequate action against UNC with regards to UNC’s academic infractions (when compared to our infractions, and the penalties we ultimately received), then what is our legal recourse?” And “legal recourse” doesn’t necessarily mean appeals – they are also talking about revenue compensation due to the unfair penalties, monies lost due to negative publicity, etc.

And an ironic twist that was revealed last week with regards to possible litigation: SMU is reportedly NOT one of those schools – at least not yet. Rumor is that they felt they were going to be shielded from major penalties BECAUSE they had Larry Brown. You can figure out why they felt that way… and the ramifications (to other certain schools) based on what was eventually handed down.

-- It has been mentioned earlier on the boards about a “general atmosphere that points to severe punishment”. This remains accurate, and has only grown stronger over the past month. There are numerous people who comprise the “pool” from which the eventual Committee on Infractions will be chosen (for UNC’s specific case). Fact: UNC has put out feelers to see if they can “stack the jury”, so to speak. Fact: Certain NCAA employees have (literally) laughed at this effort, going so far as to tell jokes (in private, of course) about those efforts. (once again… those previous statements are ones that I state as clear facts)

Regardless of those ill-intended efforts… some of the COI “pool” have received documentation (official, not rival-submitted) on the breadth of the scandal (including, but not limited to, numerous portions of the NOA’s supporting documentation that UNC redacted from its release), and a “rough draft” of potential penalties have been bandied about, off-the-record.

Some of those rumors have filtered back to Chapel Hill. Word from INSIDE THE SCHOOL is that reality may be finally setting in at the upper levels.

-- From Indy: certain scenarios are on the table that give a real chance that penalties could come down quite a bit earlier than many have speculated. Timelines almost ALWAYS change, for one reason or another… so I have zero confidence in guesstimating a date. But again, enough hints have come from Indy to suggest that an acceleration is a very real possibility.

-- Finally, from the entertainment side of the world: another book is apparently in the works and being pitched to Houses though publisher/editor back channels. (per reps of two separate entities)

What else could be covered that hasn’t already been detailed in Tarnished Heels or Cheated? Good question…

The beauty of posting these updates on an internet site is that it really doesn’t put too many people at risk, considering the semi-vague form that I feel I’ve edited down some of the portions. It’s on the internet – who will believe it, right??

But those gathering behind closed doors will believe it… and while a lot of unc fans will cry “BS” on virtually all of this… there are certain people in South Building who are aware of some of the above happenings, and they most definitely will not be crying foul.

I know that some people may not see this has a major update, and/or that there’s nothing particularly insightful or damning about it. Maybe so… maybe not.

But as the saying goes, the devil is often in the details – and as always, it’s sometimes best to let certain details emerge on their own accord.

All of the above is, believe it or not, a watered-down version of perhaps 25% of what’s taken place since mid-summer.

Some will notice that are certain topics (names, documents, etc.) that were not touched on much, if at all, up above. There are some obvious “elephant in the room” types of issues, granted. But there’s always a reason for saying (or not saying) something. Boja sie swiatla, nie ciemny…

As stated before, many will not believe, and that’s totally fine with me. I’m just a name on the internet.
Additionally, I’m usually three TZ’s separated from unc, and sometimes a full 12 hours away. So yeah, don’t believe.

The several people that they really need to worry about are much, much closer.

Be patient, and Happy Holidays.

Isn’t spooky Halloween soon?...
wink.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT