ADVERTISEMENT

Basic Question

Ever since UNC, the NCAA has become a laughing stock. Why bother? It doesn’t mean anything anyways. When a “prestigious” school can create fake classes, push athletes toward them and they get on the Deans List for not even going, and laugh in the face of the governing body when caught, what is the point in even having rules regarding academics?

Why does it seem like we never hear of a player being ruled academically ineligible anymore ?? Not talking about just UK ... I mean everywhere ... it never seems to come up.
I used ChatGPT, and the results are plausible. Privacy law, institutional reputation, Team Morale and Player Well-being, Coaches and Team Strategy, Second Chances.

Reactions: megablue
UNCheat got away free and clear for the most egregious academic scandal in NCAA history. The charade of caring about academics was over. Remember, UNCheat was NEVER exonerated from the charges, they simply had their legal team find a loophole of regular students benefiting from the fraud as well. The UNCheat academic scandal should've been one of the biggest sports stories of the decade, but it was largely swept under the rug because nobody wanted to open the bigger can of worms. The machine was more interested in getting players paid. Phuck those pesky academics, those kids need Lambos.

UNCheat got away free and clear for the most egregious academic scandal in NCAA history. The charade of caring about academics was over. Remember, UNCheat was NEVER exonerated from the charges, they simply had their legal team find a loophole of regular students benefiting from the fraud as well. The UNCheat academic scandal should've been one of the biggest sports stories of the decade, but it was largely swept under the rug because nobody wanted to open the bigger can of worms. The machine was more interested in getting players paid. Phuck those pesky academics, those kids need Lambos.

Over 30 years of crap cheating that we know of, but it went back much farther than that, Smith was not the only coach smuggling kid's from New York area to UNCheat... McGuire was the first coach that I can remember, can't remember his first name... Wasn't AL but his brother I think...
I say smuggling but it was buying really and giving them free grades to attend class or not...
Have always disliked them for that and also the NCAA...

GBB

Over 30 years of crap cheating that we know of, but it went back much farther than that, Smith was not the only coach smuggling kid's from New York area to UNCheat... McGuire was the first coach that I can remember, can't remember his first name... Wasn't AL but his brother I think...
I say smuggling but it was buying really and giving them free grades to attend class or not...
Have always disliked them for that and also the NCAA...

GBB
Frank

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT