ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody should be mad about this loss

Ummmmm….I’m mad as hell. It’s literal insanity we refuse to play a zone against a team that’s in the 300’s on the season for 3 point percentage. Our teams greatest weakness is containing dribble penetration….A&M’s greatest strength is dribble penetration….the #1 thing in basketball to combat dribble penetration is play a zone. K would have tried a zone….Izzo would have tried a zone…Self would have tried: 2-3 zone, a matchup zone and a triangle and 2 on Taylor and Radford. But our arrogant coach made zero defensive adjustments the entire game until he finally trapped Taylor under 1 minute in regulation. They just pick n rolled us to death.

Wasn’t the team that made it to the title in 2014 a 8 seed? Doesn’t matter where you are placed, yes higher seeding and you have easier games. But don’t act like teams can’t make it if they are below a 4 seed
I disagree man seeding matters and learning from this loss is the only thing positive about losing.
We played horrible defense and have got to learn to rebound especially since Adou has been out.
I knew this would be a dog fight and was concerned all week about our defense and rebounding. Yet some on here don’t see it that we have to improve and we shouldn’t be ok with losing.

If you’re not mad, then I would say you don’t care. But that’s likely what the cal defenders want. Continually lowering the bar so you can protect your hero. Losses happen. Coaching malpractice that leads to those losses is why people are mad because this team can be special but they have to win in spite of the head coach. Because now more then ever, the dude is just rolling the balls out

Reactions: Stoneule
It happens. We’ll probably lose 6-7 games this year. It’s ok. We just need to improve on defense. We have the talent to do so

If you’re not mad, then I would say you don’t care. But that’s likely what the cal defenders want. Continually lowering the bar so you can protect your hero. Losses happen. Coaching malpractice that leads to those losses is why people are mad because this team can be special but they have to win in spite of the head coach. Because now more then ever, the dude is just rolling the balls out
Lol

29 offensive rebounds buzz williams kicked cals ass unbelievable intensity our guys standing around looking all day

They have to improve on Defense, Rebounding, ball screens in order to make a run in the tournament.

The missed Bradshaw three from the corner after the guy barely broke a sweat in the game infuriated me.
Not to mention a key 3 he gave up late in the game. Ugo was playing his butt off, Bradshaw maybe had 4 minutes all game. He subs Ugo out, Bradshaw comes in cold with no game flow. He extremely slow to switch and step out on a screen to defend the 3......he literally had no chance. Of course the guy has a wide open uncontested made 3 that really hurt us. In what world does a 9 million dollar coach think it's good in a late game situation to pull a guy playing very well, for a guy that's literally sat the whole game. Especially when their top of the key screens were their only offense. At that point you just roll with the guy that actually showed up physically and mentally for a road game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT