ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody should be mad about this loss

Played quite well? We played SHIT defense and lost to a what is much inferior team who has struggled bad the last few weeks. is offense the only thing you watch?
They shot 37.5% from 3 point range and 40% overall. That is not "shit defense". We lost because they out-rebounded us terribly. Yes, I know defensive rebounding is part of defense but we didn't play bad defense in all areas, just that one. We do need to get better at rebounding but I still stand by what I said...other than giving up way too many offensive rebounds and missing a few bunnies UK played well. It was a tough road loss. That happens in the real world so just be a grown up and deal with it.

We had a chance to win. Would have been nice to have those 2 points back smh. As others have pointed out, no Thiero. Would also be nice to have big Z. Tough loss.

Wasn’t the team that made it to the title in 2014 a 8 seed? Doesn’t matter where you are placed, yes higher seeding and you have easier games. But don’t act like teams can’t make it if they are below a 4 seed
Oh yes, let's pull out the proverbial 2014 run and use it as the rule and now the exception.

Do you want to go through four teams that are the equivalent to 2014's Wichita State, Louisville, and Michigan just to make a Final Four?

Reactions: RunninRichie
They shot 37.5% from 3 point range and 40% overall. That is not "shit defense". We lost because they out-rebounded us terribly. Yes, I know defensive rebounding is part of defense but we didn't play bad defense in all areas, just that one. We do need to get better at rebounding but I still stand by what I said...other than giving up way too many offensive rebounds and missing a few bunnies UK played well. It was a tough road loss. That happens in the real world so just be a grown up and deal with it.
Did you just say giving up 37.5 % from 3pt range is not shit defense? LOL,

People on here looked at the record and thought A&M stinks. Radford and Taylor are beasts. This was a ranked preseason team, top 35 in KenPom, with their season on the line. People acted like poop state was on the schedule. This was the third best team we’ve played this year imo and also in KP’s opinion.

To beat this UK team you’ll have to earn it. They did. It also didn’t help that our toughest interior player was out.
Radford and Taylor are brick layers, won’t make above 25% from three the rest of the year they had one lucky game shooting

Apparently Coach Cal cannot teach defense to this team. And he's not going to use Zone to hide some of it so this team will lose in the tournament because ya can't outscore everybody with no defense.

Virginia gave them like 51 points. LSU beat em right there in that same building a couple weeks ago by 15 points and gave em like 60 or something

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Also can’t help how every awful shooting player turns into Curry against Kentucky, it’s not just this season it happens every year. Even if they are guarded the players hit the shots, it’s annoying but oh well. Kentucky will be fine, losses suck but the SEC is a tough conference these days. It all matters in March, still enough time to improve on their defense and rebounding

I predicted we would drop this game BUT, the defensive effort and rebounding is so piss poor! We will be LUCKY to even make the 2nd weekend if things don't change. WE GAVE UP 90 POINTS IN REGULATION to a team of brick layers.
I am happy as hell we got our teeth kicked In on the boards
ben stiller shut up GIF

Wasn’t the team that made it to the title in 2014 a 8 seed? Doesn’t matter where you are placed, yes higher seeding and you have easier games. But don’t act like teams can’t make it if they are below a 4 seed
Making it to the final is one thing. Winning is another. I don’t want to be the first loser. A 1, 2, or 3 seed is going to win unless UConn loses out and wins the big east tourney and wins 6 in a row.

Only thing upsetting is the D. Maybe it’s improved a little but I don’t see it improving enough to make a run.

I absolutely hate blaming officials, but I get so sick and tired of the automatic foul on every drive to the basket at certain points of the game.

I think it’s a terrible loss. We can’t play defense. No defense no chance in March. No if we don’t win now then we have to make a run from a 4/5 and do it with no defense terrible rebounding that’s a crappy season man.

I am actually not mad at this loss at all. The refs taking Bradshaw out was criminal. They did make up for it at the end of the game. But AM hit shots we missed shots. It’s a thing that happens. What people are not taking into consideration about the defense is that we are trying to play super fast. When you play super fast you are focusing on the fast break not defense. I am not saying that’s a good thing, but we have some really good individual defenders if we can get them to work together we can actually have a good defense. I would rather them play fast than super slowing it down.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Definitely gotta get better. It’s on Cal to get them there. I’m sure he will work the rest of the year trying to get them there. He usually does. One good thing is this team can outscore people so just gotta hold teams down better. Even 80 points a game would do it.
Defense and rebounding have to improve or we won't go far in tournaments at the end. Those two things are key. Getting Thiero back woukd be a huge plus but who knows what is going on with him right now.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Some UK fans just can’t handle a conference loss, if you’re not happy go root for Purdue or someone else simple. Yes a loss sucks but it is not the end of the world. The main thing this team needs to improve on is the rebounding, forget the defense it is what it is. If this team can rebound and produce offensively they will be fine.

The game went about as expected given recent results. We just happened to be on the losing end of a close gam this time

Defense and rebounding have to improve or we won't go far in tournaments at the end. Those two things are key. Getting Thiero back woukd be a huge plus but who knows what is going on with him right now.
I agree, I still believe we can outscore most teams, especially in a neutral environment when we don’t play defense as well as we should. Just gotta keep trying to improve the D.

Reactions: ORCAT
We should have gone zone or another defense for a few possessions in the second half to see how they would react. We were getting absolutely killed on drives and offensive rebounds. But of course, our exalted leader thinks this is beneath him.

Kudos to A&M. They took what we gave them and scored at will at times. Great energy from our guys as well though. Just too weak on D and close up shots.

Reactions: bnewt
What is it about defense that they can't get through their heads? I just don't understand why they can't improve a little.

they scored almost 100 points.

it wasn't one play that gave this game away
UK had the ball with only secs left. No turnover and they could have scored and ended it. Wagner just lost it somehow. Not dogging the kid. Just how it worked out.

He played well. Just had a bad moment. My biggest concern is the awful defense today. Bradshaw just had that day nothing goes right. Poor rebounding. Aggies were desperate.

Reactions: blubo
the sad part is , many fans realized this was a game we could take a hit on. We've seen it too many times in the past.

Cal knew it too. He just didn't have an answer for it

Reactions: RunninRichie
The missed Bradshaw three from the corner after the guy barely broke a sweat in the game infuriated me.
Same here. I know he can make those, I love that he's not scared of doing so, but as you were mentioning, he was not loose enough, in a rhythm, or anything to like that shot. Should've passed to Wagner? At the high wing.

Well Im mad anytime we lose for what ever reason it maybe guess Im just a sorehead. Ugonna played well he's better defensively than Bradshaw. Seems like for several years now we dont do very well in close game. Is it coaching, the players, the pressure playing for UK or just bad luck. Cal does look really stressed late in these games maybe the players pickup on this. And how could A&M made more threes today than they did even if we tried a matchup zone for a bit.

I’m sure we will hear “Cal can’t coach” comments or something like that. Losses happen and conference play is hard. It would be different if other powerhouse teams were not losing early in their conferences. One positive thing is this team does fight, even with a loss they showed fight. I’m proud of this group and they are still a title contender. I love my team!
This isn't the YMCA everyone gets a trophy shit !

Reactions: Stoneule
I’m sure we will hear “Cal can’t coach” comments or something like that. Losses happen and conference play is hard. It would be different if other powerhouse teams were not losing early in their conferences. One positive thing is this team does fight, even with a loss they showed fight. I’m proud of this group and they are still a title contender. I love my team!
Here comes the moral victory crowd, telling everyone else how to feel. "Stupid for Dummies 101"

Cal, instead creating that ridiculous post, you should spend more of your time working on defense and rebounding.

It’s so frustrating because A&M will play like this against us and never look this good again the rest of the season. It is what it is.
Teams are not playing out of their butt against us. We're just consistently bad at defense, and Cal refuses to let the offense be guard-centered like it was before the bigs came back. Cal's probably tickeling himself over parking Mitchell in the middle and Bradshaw shooting three's. Just beside himself.

Reactions: crestcat
Lets Go Fun GIF by Happy Place

Some UK fans just can’t handle a conference loss, if you’re not happy go root for Purdue or someone else simple. Yes a loss sucks but it is not the end of the world. The main thing this team needs to improve on is the rebounding, forget the defense it is what it is. If this team can rebound and produce offensively they will be fine.
They are sure as hell going to have to improve one or the other,both wouldn’t hurt. Rebounding and defense are effort, these are all fine athletes, they should be able to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT