ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody should be mad about this loss

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
I’m sure we will hear “Cal can’t coach” comments or something like that. Losses happen and conference play is hard. It would be different if other powerhouse teams were not losing early in their conferences. One positive thing is this team does fight, even with a loss they showed fight. I’m proud of this group and they are still a title contender. I love my team!

I’m sure we will hear “Cal can’t coach” comments or something like that. Losses happen and conference play is hard. It would be different if other powerhouse teams were not losing early in their conferences. One positive thing is this team does fight, even with a loss they showed fight. I’m proud of this group and they are still a title contender. I love my team!
You must not know much about how much seeds matter in the tournament. If you're cool with Kentucky being a four through six seed, you're right in that this game didn't matter much.

Yeah, UK played quite well this game but so did the Aggies. Sure, we missed a few bunnies and the refs robbed us of two points to win it in regulation but, as losses go, this one is less disappointing than most.

Reactions: etowncatfan
I am mad about the loss. As I am every loss.

I’m just not blaming anyone.

We played well enough to win. We got beat.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Yeah, UK played quite well this game but so did the Aggies. Sure, we missed a few bunnies and the refs robbed us of two points to win it in regulation but, as losses go, this one is less disappointing than most.
Played quite well? We played SHIT defense and lost to a what is much inferior team who has struggled bad the last few weeks. is offense the only thing you watch?

It's not about the loss. Losing happens.

It's the lack of improvement on the defensive end. It's a season killer it's so bad.
Definitely gotta get better. It’s on Cal to get them there. I’m sure he will work the rest of the year trying to get them there. He usually does. One good thing is this team can outscore people so just gotta hold teams down better. Even 80 points a game would do it.

It's not about the loss. Losing happens.

It's the lack of improvement on the defensive end. It's a season killer it's so bad.
The defense has statistically gotten quite a bit better. It isn’t close to where it needs to be, but it is improving.

You must not know much about how much seeds matter in the tournament. If you're cool with Kentucky being a four through six seed, you're right in that this game didn't matter much.
Wasn’t the team that made it to the title in 2014 a 8 seed? Doesn’t matter where you are placed, yes higher seeding and you have easier games. But don’t act like teams can’t make it if they are below a 4 seed

People on here looked at the record and thought A&M stinks. Radford and Taylor are beasts. This was a ranked preseason team, top 35 in KenPom, with their season on the line. People acted like poop state was on the schedule. This was the third best team we’ve played this year imo and also in KP’s opinion.

To beat this UK team you’ll have to earn it. They did. It also didn’t help that our toughest interior player was out.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Defense is a mindset. It’s a choice. You don’t even have to be that good at basketball to play good defense. It takes grit, toughness, heart and hustle. I’m not shitting on the guys, I’m just not sure if defense is their makeup.

I sure do miss Oscar’s rebounding. I don’t care if he clogged the lane, that can be adjusted in scheme

Played poorly and still had a chance to win game. Losing to a team that has already lost 6 games will not help us in seeding. Our veterans really let us down today

Reactions: Stoneule and catben
This was a Quad 1 loss. It doesn't hurt us much at all. Now winning it would have helped us get a 1 instead of a 2 or 3 seed. Other than that it didn't hurt us any if at all. Would have rather won it at is gives us way less room for error if we want a 1 seed. Need to handle business moving forward. What I liked is our team played hard and took a bunch of punches and still has a chance to win. Defensively if we improve even 15-20% between now and March no one will want to see us.

Played poorly and still had a chance to win game. Losing to a team that has already lost 6 games will not help us in seeding. Our veterans really let us down today
More to it than wins and losses. A&M top 30-40 in every metric. Why do you think Vegas had them a 3.5 point favorite? Quad 1 losses are never bad losses, but they definitely sting still.

Reactions: Cychologist
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT