ADVERTISEMENT

Nnaji offered but he leaves UK out of his final five

Nah, I doubt that
Not ONE major D1 school is seriously recruiting a 210 lb POWER forward. They all want Hurt, who is a baller, not this skinny forward, Lets talk real, he is only offered because of hurt. This dude is paper thin and will get handed in college. lol.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
6'9, 210 is not skinny for someone going into his Sr year of HS. He'll be be 225-230 by the time he plays a college game. That's not small at all

Exactly. Someone has never paid attention to college basketball.

Wasn't Jarred Vanderbilt 6'9 and like a 200 lb. (if that?) senior?

Anyway... Nnaji's final 5 has some sketchy schools in there, imo. Aside from UK he also eliminated Indiana, Minnesota, Kansas St., Ohio St., Georgetown, and U6.

"But for whatever reason, Kentucky is no longer in the mix."

:popcorn:
I trust in Calipari.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Not a big deal, we're after so many bigs, now if a couple more end up going elsewhere I'll start sweating profusely, until then ehh.

I honestly think he knows he’s gonna have guys in front of him preventing him from from getting time. I’m not HAPPY about this in itself per se but I actually take this as a good sign.

I don't think cal cares he UK was left out

FWIW he's a 4 year guy
Cal needs 4 year guys also. Can't simply lock and load with 5 stars year in and year out. Some team continuality is needed particularly for post season play, which you can rarely achieve over a 6-8 month period in one season.

If it got Hurt's attention then it wasn't necessarily a wasted Ninja offer.

This dude was about #10 on front court wish list.

That said, if he had picked UK, my narrative would be something along the lines of "this kid is so underrated. Probably turn out like WCS down the road."

I can spin with the best of them.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Wasn’t that enamored with Nnaji - seemed like second coming of SKJ to me. Not that that’s a bad thing - will still probably be a nice multi-year player, but not an instant impact guy.

Also suspect his offer was part of Cal’s strategy to pressure some other guys into committing early. First come, first served - and that strategy by the way - is going to bear fruit.

I think KU lands him + Hurt + Wiseman.

Yep.

I live in Dekalb, Illinois right now, home of Cindy Crawford. Your scenario is as likely as me running into her in town tomorrow and being asked out to coffee, followed by a few rounds of aerobics

giphy+%283%29.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT