ADVERTISEMENT

Any UK fan that goes back to the SEC Tournament next year is CRAZY!!!

We have a coach who’s straight out acknowledged that he really doesn’t care about this tournament.

So, yeah, it seems mighty damn stupid for UK fans to waste their money to travel to this if that’s how the guy running our program sees it.

Cal has KILLED another tradition by taking away this weekend from UK fans.

The SEC has taken UK for granted with the way they USE us!! The SEC Refs are a JOKE and seem to contribute to our problems. They must HATE Cal too!!

Cal needs to GO !!!!!!

I hope like heck I'm wrong, but next year (I think) has the chance to be a bad team. Fland may be no better than these "meh" combo guards we get every year. There's no Dilly or Sheppard in that class. And even with Dilly and Sheppard, we stink lol.

Reactions: catzcan
We average .4 wins per year in the last 5 years at the $EC Tournament...

Definition of epic fail.

CGQUXWK.png

We will continue to go every year. However, we have not spent a dime on tickets since 2019. It's a waste of money.

All of those delusional fans spending thousands thinking they are going to get a 3 day weekend in Nashville and lining the pockets of Tennessee scalpers deserve to get stuck with them for thinking it would be a different result with CCC.

Any fan that went this year is crazy. How can you forget who is coaching Kentucky?? Did you forget what has happened the last 3 years. Sorry but you blew a lot of money. I won’t see them play until CCC is gone. I saw them lose to a 15 seed. That was enough for me.

Wasn't this exact same thread started back in February?
And yet I turn my TV on and see 12,000+ UK fans in the stands. I hesitate to use the term "suckers" as I appreciate their loyalty and passion. But, the man leading the program does not care about them or the SEC-T. He's called us names, laughed at us and belittled the importance of the SEC-T. So, why go?
FYI, one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome.

I don't fault the fans for going this year.

This team was supposed to be different.

But there needs to be a collective effort of protest. Fans need to stop going until UK addresses this with more than a shrug of the shoulders.

Wasn't this exact same thread started back in February?
And yet I turn my TV on and see 12,000+ UK fans in the stands. I hesitate to use the term "suckers" as I appreciate their loyalty and passion. But, the man leading the program does not care about them or the SEC-T. He's called us names, laughed at us and belittled the importance of the SEC-T. So, why go?
FYI, one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome.
I started that thread too.

Until the SEC office puts a premium on their Refs and VALUES UK fans and Cal either LEAVES or puts MORE of an emphasis on WINNING this tournament, it's beyond RIDICULOUS for ANY UK fans to spend the OUTRAGEOUS amount of money it takes to attend!!!

Reactions: cathead64
I hope like heck I'm wrong, but next year (I think) has the chance to be a bad team. Fland may be no better than these "meh" combo guards we get every year. There's no Dilly or Sheppard in that class. And even with Dilly and Sheppard, we stink lol.
Will be freshmen again, meaning they won't communicate on defense. Offense will take a big hit. Looking worse for next season.

Will be freshmen again, meaning they won't communicate on defense. Offense will take a big hit. Looking worse for next season.
This was supposed to be the turnaround, Cal can still do it season

My wife and I wanted to go to Nashville. I have no confidence in Calipari, so I told her we’ll go after he’s gone. I support the players but despise Calipari. Glad I went with my gut and didn’t waste money believing in a “Hall of Fame” coach.

Until Cal leaves, going to this event will cause nothing but heartache for UK fans.

This use to be considered the UKIT, now we are at the BOTTOM of the SEC in Tournament wins over the last 5 years.

SAD
Very sad, no way I’d waste my hard earned money or time for a coach who doesn’t even care how we preform, and isn’t able to get his team to win a single game. He doesn’t care but about one week a year. Damn our Regular season and tournament. He can’t even get them ready for that one week either.

Reactions: catben and ukdaven
But you have dips out there (and on this site) who are all "but we kept it close can't win all of them they're going to be really good next year with that recruiting class coming in bla bla bla. "
That’s all we have now. Recruiting wins. Yay! I don’t even wanna think about next year because we are losing all our players who do anything this year. We aren’t replacing all the shooting. Maybe we guard but I bet we go back to 58-50 games.

I would never waste so much money on a basketball tournament. I'm on a cruise while those guys are wandering around Nashville dazed and confused. With Cal here I expect failures in March so figured why not.

And the days of it being the uk invitational and uk dominating the sec are over. We have a real conference now and don't see that changing ever.

However, unacceptable to not won tourney since 2018 and 6 of last 7 regular seasons.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal has KILLED another tradition by taking away this weekend from UK fans.
I don't think he has any concern for our traditions that existed before he got here. That's also evident with other things like getting rid of the traditional trips to the Maui Invitational and home and home rivalry series with teams like IU. Cal didn't want to do those things, so they were gone. He doesn't care about the SECT, so it now doesn't matter. What anyone else in the BBN thinks about those things is irrelevant.

I think there's a distinct difference in that respect from how Tubby ran the program. Despite his coaching flaws, Tubby always acted like he understood that the program really belongs to UK and the people of Kentucky, and he was just its steward. And he was thus very respectful of fan wishes and the way things were before him.

Whereas Cal acts like he now owns the program. It is his to do with entirely as he pleases. The thoughts of others ain't part of the equation.

Last edited:
Haven't we said this for the last 4 years now? UK fans will fill Nashville again next March. Gluttons for punishment
Yes, you’re right after Calipari has a top recruiting class coming in then it’s gonna be the same thing over and over year after year !! We’re never going to have an all veteran team to match up with these older guys on the other teams!!

I looked for tickets to tonight's game and they were too expensive for lowers. I am so glad I didn't decide to splurge. I was thinking it might be worth it to see Reed play before he goes NBA.

I don't even watch games live any more but I still end up getting my hopes up when they win a few tough games. I am so sick of not getting to enjoy March Madness any more. There is a generation of kids growing up now that are not going to be fans like us old guys because of these performances the last 5 years.

• Sad
Reactions: ORCAT and catben
Until Cal leaves, going to this event will cause nothing but heartache for UK fans.

This use to be considered the UKIT, now we are at the BOTTOM of the SEC in Tournament wins over the last 5 years.

SAD
Call me crazy then. I'll be there. Cal will be too. He's not leaving UK. Were you there this year? Or any year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT