ADVERTISEMENT

Double kiss of death

struggler

Sophomore
Jan 23, 2013
Just gonna state the obvious.

Cal's and his podcast... his prized podcast guest picks UK to the final championship game - and of course UCONN gets the nod in the final.

Cal still thinking his talking = results. Thinks his first years at UK are still what he is accomplishing, and his current results are better than what they really are. The man is LOADED with excuses, am sure he will default to them.

Love the team - not so much the coach (and he loves to now say that anyone wanting winning results are "not real fans"). Want them to win despite the coaching.

Put up or PLEASE finally shut-up.

This is the second time I’ve seen someone say Cal has thrown out the “not real fans” for wanting (maybe needing) to win this tournament. What is the actual quote? It’s mind boggling to even see it, but you never know with him now.

Jason Patric What GIF by Wayward Pines

Just seems Cal is burning the program down on his way out. It’s to the point now where he’s bashing fans and saying there aren’t “real fans” just because they want them to win. This man feels the pressure from this fan base and it’s going to get very ugly around here if there’s an early exit

What exactly is the complaint in this thread? That Calipari has a podcast? Or is it that he had an unnamed "prized guest" on the podcast who, probably as a joke, picked Kentucky to lose in the Finals?

You say you are "just gonna state the obvious." What does that mean? And what does the thread title, "Double Kiss of Death" mean? What do you see as the "double kiss of death?" This whole thread feels sort of incoherent. Your complaint seems to boil down to Cal talking in a podcast that no one was required to listen to, especially if his talking is such a terrible agony for you.
Apparently listening to a Calipari podcast is in lots of people's contract with ... existence.(?) I've not ever listened to a podcast. (I'm old.) But they seem like Everyman's Radio. I don't need longform radio. Well, I take that back. I watched Murders in the Building. They have podcasts in there.

Anyway. Please, quit seeking out reasons to be outraged. Particularly trivial reasons. Like games.

Btw Calipari doesn't listen to the noise, but only talks about noise. Literally every time he's on radio and TV, mostly talks about negativity. If you don't want that on your players, then stop talking about it about every time.

Reactions: WeWant9
Btw Calipari doesn't listen to the noise, but only talks about noise. Literally every time he's on radio and TV, mostly talks about negativity. If you don't want that on your players, then stop talking about it about every time.
His entire family listens to the noise including him. His daughter goes back and forth on Twitter with fans from time to time

Reactions: Kantucke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT