ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones reporting...

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
This is the first time since 1931 that UK has gone five years without making an SEC tourney final.

He also said UK ranks 13th out of 14 SEC programs in terms of overall SEC tournament wins since 2019.

The Cal cult has nothing left to debate from an oppositional perspective. Cal is a absolutely horrific head coach.

Cal also just dropped his 45th game in four years. Pitino only lost 50 total games at UK in 8 total years, and two of those seasons were spent on probation.

Awesome job, Cal! You're burning down the program while cashing those checks.

This is the first time since 1931 that UK has gone five years without making an SEC tourney final.

He also said UK ranks 13th out of 14 SEC programs in terms of overall SEC tournament wins since 2019.

The Cal cult has nothing left to debate from an oppositional perspective. Cal is a absolutely horrific head coach.

Cal also just dropped his 45th game in four years. Pitino only lost 50 total games at UK in 8 total years, and two of those seasons were spent on probation.

I think he has every intention of destroying the program before he leaves. He hates Kentucky and its fans. He has taken us to the cleaners as fans and the universities money. Hopefully Mr Craft will step in

@Sejonesy @BBNinSC @gracetoyou there you go guys defend those stats. I’d love to see you all rebuttal facts like that

There used to be "the list" that was posted here every year, but now we have a sh*t list of negative accomplishments that Cal keeps adding to. I still can't believe how many so called fans just kept making excuses for this clown as he lost record after record since he's been here.

Just wait until tournament time. Not this tournament, the other tournament. It's a process. Early season games don't matter. We're young. Their not robots. He can't shoot for them. The refs are out to get him. Who you going to get that's better? Just wait til next year.

They never had anything to debate, they haven’t done anything in years except bitch and moan that everyone isn’t as enamored with their salesman as they are. That’s it.

Some of them legitimately think rooting against the coach is like rooting against UK. I get that, but many of the ones left have just stubbornly decided they want an internet fight and have gone so far they cannot go back now.

The day calipari told us that our history is meaningless except for a few weeks in March, that was the day we should have sent him packing. He doesn’t promote anything college is supposed to be about, he is totally irresponsible when it comes to education, team play, and loyalty to anything other than yourself. He is the antithesis of what real coaches are.

Never in a million years did I ever believe anyone could convince this fanbase that our dominance is irrelevant, and he did it. There are some who legitimately do not care that we’ve lost our position as the goat program. It’s not only the players that he’s convinced the team doesn’t matter, it’s many of our fans too.

I figured it had to be the worst stretch ever. I mean I haven’t been alive to see us suck in the SEC like this.

This is what happens when you have a coach who openly acknowledges that he really doesn’t care about the SEC tournament. The players also get the idea that it doesn’t matter if their coach sees it that way.

And the fact that the fans DO care? Well, that doesn’t matter either. Because this is now the Calipari program …it no longer belongs to the people of Kentucky. The only thing that matters now is what he thinks matters.

He’s a pathetic Coach anymore really sad
Just Cal or all the coaches that lost today?
Seems like when other teams lose it's this player or that player that's overrated but with UK it's Cal.
Parris won SEC COY but couldn't figure out Auburn as SC was routed twice.
Sometimes you just don't match up well.
I didn't think Cal did anything genius today or did anything heinous.
A different substitution here or there wasn't going to win the game.
I didn't think any UK player played an A game today.

First of all, that's just a stat. That's not Matt reporting anything.

Second, we all need to remember that the SEC is a lot tougher now. That's what we're being hypnotized to believe. :)
I full expect the SEC to get pounded in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
I think he has every intention of destroying the program before he leaves. He hates Kentucky and its fans. He has taken us to the cleaners as fans and the universities money. Hopefully Mr Craft will step in
You won't hear a peep from Joe.
Probably still hung over from all the money he spent on Kelly's futile attempt at the Governor's office.
BBN didn't exactly come through for the Craft's on that one.

Seems like when other teams lose it's this player or that player that's overrated but with UK it's Cal.
I get it... but this track record of losing in these SEC tournaments doesn't happen just because of today.. Coaches, paid what Cal is paid, win in bad matchups and if players don't play their A game... Great coaches win conference championships... Great coaches adapt and find ways to win... great coaches are prepped for game day. Cal says "don't blame the players, blame me". So with UK, it begins and ends with Cal.

Yes, other teams lose. BUT, I do think the coaches for those other teams really want to win.

Cal has said the SEC-T isn't important to him.

Cal has said previously he doesn't watch film on other teams.

He's also said his goal here is to end "generational poverty"....as if every kid he gets here is from dirt poor backgrounds.

Cal's insistence on not changing the starting lineup does matter. His insistence on not switching up defenses does matter.

His insistence on the one and done model does matter.

I can't think of another coach in America, or the world for that matter, that is as stubborn as Cal is.

Yes, other teams lose. BUT, I do think the coaches for those other teams really want to win.

Cal has said the SEC-T isn't important to him.

Cal has said previously he doesn't watch film on other teams.

He's also said his goal here is to end "generational poverty"....as if every kid he gets here is from dirt poor backgrounds.

Cal's insistence on not changing the starting lineup does matter. His insistence on not switching up defenses does matter.

His insistence on the one and done model does matter.

I can't think of another coach in America, or the world for that matter, that is as stubborn as Cal is.
For me it's as simple as the kids got way too much love after beating UT in Knoxville.
It's the same team but they came out flat.
Pretty much all of them even Rob and Reed.
We made a switch to zone last night and immediately gave up a wide open 3 and I mean wide open like someone was totally lost on where they to were supposed to be.
The OAD model is what gets you the roster you have.
One that fans and media alike have gushed over because of their high powered offense.
The generational poverty is a quote that's 15 years old.
Nothing wrong with the players being rewarded for their play and I will admit I grew up on and have lived most of my adult life with it being program first but that doesn't mean that's the way it SHOULD have been.
The 70's through the 90's was the "golden era" of CBB but the universities used the hell out of the players while the pot kept getting bigger and bigger for them.

Does anyone know why the SEC didn’t have a tournament between 1952-1979?
Most conferences didn't have a tournament.

The ACC did. The SEC, the Big 10, Pac- 8 or 10, and the Big Eight did not. The Big Eight brought theirs back in the late '70s followed by the SEC.

The performance of the ACC in the NCAA tournament may have been a catalyst. They seemed to be more tournament ready.

Last edited:
What a disappointment, so much wasted talent.

Whenever anything bad happened the previous three seasons, the go to response was “If Cal leaves, we don’t get the Wagner class.” Well, we got them and it’s the same results. It’s pitiful.

This current version of Cal would have the Davis team trending for a 6 seed and would play a billion different line up combos with the 15 team. I have no clue what our coach is doing, and this is the such an embarrassing stretch with no end in sight.

I hope the UK admin grows some balls, but they all seem terrified of upsetting a washed up coach. Sad is all I can say.

For me it's as simple as the kids got way too much love after beating UT in Knoxville.
It's the same team but they came out flat.
Pretty much all of them even Rob and Reed.
We made a switch to zone last night and immediately gave up a wide open 3 and I mean wide open like someone was totally lost on where they to were supposed to be.
The OAD model is what gets you the roster you have.
One that fans and media alike have gushed over because of their high powered offense.
The generational poverty is a quote that's 15 years old.
Nothing wrong with the players being rewarded for their play and I will admit I grew up on and have lived most of my adult life with it being program first but that doesn't mean that's the way it SHOULD have been.
The 70's through the 90's was the "golden era" of CBB but the universities used the hell out of the players while the pot kept getting bigger and bigger for them.
Made this point last night but you hit the nail on the head with your first sentence. Find every big moment and hype building win on our schedule this year. Almost all were followed immediately by a loss.

Cal never could coach, he puts NBA talent on the floor and rolls a ball out, the fact that we played A & M twice and the game results were exactly the same tells me Cal has made no adjustments, does not pre game prep, doesn't scout other teams. I could take any coach from this years sweet sixteen tournament and they could win more games than Cal with all this NBA talent.

There is only so many times that people can say the "Kids lost the game... they weren't good enough", when you have a constant here YEAR AFTER YEAR in Coach Cal... They are TALENTED and I can assure you an average coach would know how to utilize the amount of incredible talent on this team and get them to freaking win more than our current coach who cares WAY MORE about the amount of draft picks who he recruits who would be professional players DESPITE coming to Kentucky. WIN FOR THE PROGRAM. Win FOR KENTUCKY.
This is getting old and destroying a once proud program.

Just wait for the guys to come here telling you the SEC tourney doesn’t matter, the ones who forgot or never knew how great this program was. I used to cry as a kid when we lost, Cal has now made me numb to losing though I hate feeling that way.
I’m a guy that will come and say that. It matters to me and us fans but has little relevance in the overall picture. In fact a loss may be better for Cal and the players, extra rest, preparation and not as much injury risk. Now I didn’t say I like it but it’s a fact.

Cal gets paid the most money to coach the best team. The bar is higher.

I’m a guy that will come and say that. It matters to me and us fans but has little relevance in the overall picture. In fact a loss may be better for Cal and the players, extra rest, preparation and not as much injury risk. Now I didn’t say I like it but it’s a fact.

Yeah that 1st round loss last year to Vanderbilt worked wonders in the NCAAT. 🙄

I keep reading stats like this and thinking about 9-16, and it seems like we are living in a nightmare world. Seems impossible for Kentucky basketball in the real world.

For some teams, this loss wouldn't matter that much and might actually help them. This isn't one of those teams. They needed to ride the recent momentum they've had and keep it going. I think this loss damages that and sets us up for a round of 32 loss.

And they never will in the SEC tournament because Cal doesn’t care. He is a terrible motivator and it shows throughout every season. We lose way too many games that we shouldn’t . You are one of his most ardent supporters. Maybe you are family. Any chance you can get him to resign?

There used to be "the list" that was posted here every year, but now we have a sh*t list of negative accomplishments that Cal keeps adding to. I still can't believe how many so called fans just kept making excuses for this clown as he lost record after record since he's been here.

Just wait until tournament time. Not this tournament, the other tournament. It's a process. Early season games don't matter. We're young. Their not robots. He can't shoot for them. The refs are out to get him. Who you going to get that's better? Just wait til next year.
Don't forget the "you're not a Kentucky fan if you don't support the coach"

Jeff Drummond did the work. Matt Jones just read what Jeff wrote

For some teams, this loss wouldn't matter that much and might actually help them. This isn't one of those teams. They needed to ride the recent momentum they've had and keep it going. I think this loss damages that and sets us up for a round of 32 loss.
Possible I agree but you’re gonna end the SEC tourney on a loss anyway, right? History has shown we do better losing that championship game and not winning the tourney. Might as well lose now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT