ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

Well lines have moved in directions I thought: Bengals down to +1 & Eagles up to - 2.5. I think they move some more.

I wish I got millions to read off a teleprompter.

The ESPN guys mostly suck. I've really been enjoying the Fox midday shows. I can't explain it, but Nick Wright does a good job being the guy who want to see proved wrong, while still enjoying his takes because they are usually correct. Dude is a HUGE Chiefs homer so when they lose it's great to watch.

Reactions: J_Dee and LOL_Man
Three of the same semi-finalist from last year. You don't see that much anymore, especially with the NFC.

Curious
AFC
22 KC vs Cinci
21 KC vs Cinci
20 KC vs Buff
19 KC vs Tenn
18 KC vs NE
17 NE vs JAX
16 NE vs Pitt
15 NE vs Denver
14 NE vs Indi
13 NE vs Denver

NFC
22 Phi vs SF
21 LAR vs SF
20 Tampa vs GB
19 GB vs SF
18 LAR vs NO
17 Phi vs Minn
16 ATL vs GB
15 Car vs AZ
14 Seattle vs GB
13 Seattle vs SF

The ESPN guys mostly suck. I've really been enjoying the Fox midday shows. I can't explain it, but Nick Wright does a good job being the guy who want to see proved wrong, while still enjoying his takes because they are usually correct. Dude is a HUGE Chiefs homer so when they lose it's great to watch.
I love that show as well. When Cincinnati beat KC last year in the playoffs Nick knew he was going to get killed on the show so he shows up remotely with his young daughter on his knee. It was hilarious great TV. I like that whole team of Nick. Wiles, and Brousard plus the Bud List, Nick's Tiers, and Wile's upset watch list. They were even better when they were on in the morning before they moved them to afternoon and got rid of the girl.

I can't stand Colin Cowherd and his show. Not sure how anyone can enjoy listening to that weasel. I do enjoy Shannon and Skip, though before the insufferable Cowherd.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I love that show as well. When Cincinnati beat KC last year in the playoffs Nick knew he was going to get killed on the show so he shows up remotely with his young daughter on his knee. It was hilarious great TV. I like that whole team of Nick. Wiles, and Brousard plus the Bud List, Nick's Tiers, and Wile's upset watch list. They were even better when they were on in the morning before they moved them to afternoon and got rid of the girl.

I can't stand Colin Cowherd and his show. Not sure how anyone can enjoy listening to that weasel. I do enjoy Shannon and Skip, though before the insufferable Cowherd.

Nick plays a great "heel" on that show.

I'm the opposite for the last part: I really enjoy Colin because I think he's excellent at taking a step back from the "you need to score points" type takes and looking at things from a bigger picture. His new sidekick isn't bad, but I miss seeing Joy Taylors thiccness. Thankfully she comes on at like 4pm.. and even that show isn't bad.. with Joy, Acho, Shady and that random white guy.

Reactions: LOL_Man
I expected the Bengals to beat them by 14-21 today.

I think it should and will be Cincy and Philly, but the league office will want KC, and Philly or SanFran.

Dallas just doesn't Have a killer instinct. As mentioned above, no urgency ever. But they also had no game awareness, discipline, or football intelligence about them. They do stupid things at the worst times. I just don't get it. The receiver going out of bounds lazily on one play, followed by not clocking it, followed by the receiver not dragging/tapping his second foot on the 2nd to last play.

The 49ers weren't much better. Throwing laterally on their last 3rd down instead of taking a shot less than 10 yards downfield. Wth? Just chickensht/milquetoast play call. Joe Montana would hide his head in shame. They were given 2 turnovers and still won by just one score.

Dallas beat Dallas. San Francisco was just sitting there like, well, San Francisco waiting for a handout, and got it. Maybe the weather was too nice and both teams just wanted to take a few weeks off...

So if KC wins its only due to the league office? Lol. If that's the case idk how the league let the bengals win at kc last year.

I think bengals and 49ers win.

Mahomes is hobbled. Bengals need to smell blood in the water. I have a real good feeling the Bengals will reach the Super Bowl. If they do I hope the media shut up about Mahomes already. That will prove that burrow owns Mahomes.

Reactions: J_Dee
Kelce suddenly listed as questionable. Probably a bit of gamesmanship, but a potentially interesting development

Mahomes has a bad ankle. That favors the Bengals.

Bologna, he’s had crazy rehab and will be filled with so much pain medicine, he won’t feel that ankle at all. He’ll play at 100%. Drop the ankle drama. He’s no hero for playing.

Bologna, he’s had crazy rehab and will be filled with so much pain medicine, he won’t feel that ankle at all. He’ll play at 100%. Drop the ankle drama. He’s no hero for playing.

Yep. Their thinking is that he'll have 2 weeks to heal after tomorrow, so they are shooting him up to get through tomorrow night.

Chiefs back to -1. Really moved around.
Kelce news has the potential to move that line some more. He’s every bit as important as Mahommes. Kind of think the Chiefs are having a little fun with this one, but worth watching.

Game Day. I am focused.

Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well.

Last edited:
“There was once a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish.” Marcus Aurelius

conan_frazetta_3199.jpg

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Did all the ESPN guys jump off the Daniel jones/nyg hype train after that loss or were they too busy piling on the dak is overrated narrative that is rather apparent?

All I know is I am very uncomfortable with so many people picking my Bengals plus we were jawing a little too much for my taste. Need for the players to get locked in and focused on brutally backing that talk up. No more time for words.

Is the man across from you better than you are. Nothing else matters.

Only time the espn guys get something right is when they say the words “I don’t know”, which they never do.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Philly fans are already drunk off their arses... that game is going to be a zoo in there.

I don't ever remember a more closely matched pair of Championship games. Of course I have the Bengals and on the other side I have been going back and forth between Philly and 49rs. Philly is more balanced with a better O line and a much better secondary. That's why of the two I'd much rather play SF than PA as Joe could get at that SF secondary.

I guess I've got Bengals/Eagles but I hope the Eagles lose. Plus we OWE San Francisco some payback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT