ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

Man...

This rat race is pathetic.

I am awake and social in my house -1.5 hours daily. Time in bus - 4.25 hours daily.

I see my kids from 8:45-10:15pm. After that- leave me the eff alone. The house I pour every ounce of my paycheck to afford is destroyed, mess, noise, fiasco, no dinner made... Sequester myself in bedroom to watch meaningless TV or Yanks to calm me down. Chug down shit food and a beer at 9:45 -in bed, because the rest of house is wrecked (did I mention I'm a neat freak).

Try to get to bed at 11, to wake up at 5 to rinse/repeat.

#MKKGA
[laughing] (at MKKGA, not the rest of your post)

Was watching an old episode of The Brady Bunch with my kids last night. It was one of my favorites...the one where Marcia's boyfriend tries to steal Greg's football playbook. Great episode.

But my youngest was confused. She asked what's a playbook and why would he want to steal it? And I said that a playbook contains all of a team's plays that they want to run. It lists the name of the play, what each player does on that play, and sometimes even has a drawing of the play. And that team doesn't want the other team to know the name of their plays and how they run them because they want to keep it secret so the plays will be easier to run. And that guy was trying to steal Greg's playbook so that his team would know what plays Greg's team was going to run so it would be easier to stop them. And that's wrong. That's stealing and it's cheating.

But i also told her that you don't have to steal a playbook to figure out what plays the other team are going to run. You watch game films and pick up on their tendencies. Some teams run the same plays in certain situations every time that situation comes up. And some teams even run the same two or three plays over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. So you don't even really need to watch film. Because their playbook is kind of exposed for the whole world to see. By running the same plays over and over and over and over they are transparent and predictable. Kind of like Bill Curry's UK football teams back in the day. Run, run, run, punt. Every series...same plays...same results. I told her that there are other examples of course but that's probably the second best one I can think of at the moment.

To which she replied, "Bill who?"

To which I replied, "Exactly."

Hi. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. FWIW, I wanted to introduce myself and state for the record, unequivocally, that I am NOT the notorious maverick1 of Catpaw lore -- a poster who, by all accounts, was a grade-A jackass/idiot.

Carry on.

Mods, please ban this new guy for impersonating a jackass. TIA

Was watching an old episode of The Brady Bunch with my kids last night. It was one of my favorites...the one where Marcia's boyfriend tries to steal Greg's football playbook. Great episode.

But my youngest was confused. She asked what's a playbook and why would he want to steal it? And I said that a playbook contains all of a team's plays that they want to run. It lists the name of the play, what each player does on that play, and sometimes even has a drawing of the play. And that team doesn't want the other team to know the name of their plays and how they run them because they want to keep it secret so the plays will be easier to run. And that guy was trying to steal Greg's playbook so that his team would know what plays Greg's team was going to run so it would be easier to stop them. And that's wrong. That's stealing and it's cheating.

But i also told her that you don't have to steal a playbook to figure out what plays the other team are going to run. You watch game films and pick up on their tendencies. Some teams run the same plays in certain situations every time that situation comes up. And some teams even run the same two or three plays over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. So you don't even really need to watch film. Because their playbook is kind of exposed for the whole world to see. By running the same plays over and over and over and over they are transparent and predictable. Kind of like Bill Curry's UK football teams back in the day. Run, run, run, punt. Every series...same plays...same results. I told her that there are other examples of course but that's probably the second best one I can think of at the moment.

To which she replied, "Bill who?"

To which I replied, "Exactly."
Fun fact #288,200,975 -- Marsha's would-be boyfriend, Billy Batson, went on to fame and fortune playing Captain Marvel in the CBS Saturday real-life cartoon, "Shazam."

Sadly, a few years later Billy was whacked by Joe Pesci after Batson told him to shine his f--king shoes.

Fun fact #288,200,975 -- Marsha's would-be boyfriend, Billy Batson, went on to fame and fortune playing Captain Marvel in the CBS Saturday real-life cartoon, "Shazam."

Sadly, a few years later Billy was whacked by Joe Pesci after Batson told him to shine his f--king shoes.
Yeah, well I was gonna post the exact same thing but Catpaw wouldn't let me cause freeloaders have limited posts.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay

I didn't know that. But I knew all along that trying to steal that playbook would come back to haunt him. Karma's a bitch.

Reactions: Dig Dirkler
That home life is universal for a family man Kook. I get much of the same out here in the midwest minus that AWFUL bus commute.

My kid is staying home by herself for the first time this summer. It's not going well. Everything is a mess. Food dropped all over the floor. She like to pour sugar on stuff, etc... Candy wrappers, juice boxes, fruit cups. Everything is sticky. It's a GD wonder there aren't millions of ants everywhere.

But the worst part is at night. Bedtime has been turning into a 2 hr ordeal. She goes to bed, my wife and I go to the basement to relax/watch TV for an hour. Kid gets up, claims she had a nightmare, feels sick, hungry, etc... Wants to sleep in bed with one of us. Crying, yelling, chaos. She goes off to GS camp next week, Praying that she stays there the whole week. I need some GD peace & quiet.

man, you summed up ours to a T. except ours is 9 so we aren't leaving her home by herself yet, but the utter disaster of messes left behind and the bedtime thing are a ritual at this point. her belly hurts followed by nightmares like clockwork. she is in a 6 week summer camp though. cost a little, but keeps them active as hell since we both work so much.

man, you summed up ours to a T. except ours is 9 so we aren't leaving her home by herself yet, but the utter disaster of messes left behind and the bedtime thing are a ritual at this point. her belly hurts followed by nightmares like clockwork. she is in a 6 week summer camp though. cost a little, but keeps them active as hell since we both work so much.
This is her first summer at home. Until now, she went to daycare for the summer. They went to the pool & did field trips to keep the kids busy. But by the middle of last summer she was getting really bored with it & was the oldest kid there. She does have some day camps this week, Girl scout camp next week, and a 3 week intro to Jr. high. Problem is that we left her with an open week to start summer.

Age 12-14 seems to be the problem. Too old for daycare & babysitter, too young to get a job.

This is her first summer at home. Until now, she went to daycare for the summer. They went to the pool & did field trips to keep the kids busy. But by the middle of last summer she was getting really bored with it & was the oldest kid there. She does have some day camps this week, Girl scout camp next week, and a 3 week intro to Jr. high. Problem is that we left her with an open week to start summer.

Age 12-14 seems to be the problem. Too old for daycare & babysitter, too young to get a job.

if years 0-9 are any indicator where this thing is headed, then I may need help come 12-14. girls man. damn.

Reactions: UKGrad93
:baseball:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10046-1388769036-39.gif

:baseball:

Last edited:
That sucks. Mine never did that. But it did take her 7-8 months before she ever slept through the night.

Mines never been consistent. He has done it a couple times. He usually went to bed around 8 or 9 and would sleep to about 4, get up eat a little snack and then sleep until about 7. That was his most consistent schedule. Now the past week it's been up every two hours. I shouldn't be complaining cause in the grand scheme or things it could worse.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Yeah the no sleep thing sucks. But look at the bright side of things...he will be walking before you know it and bumping into everything and grabbing everything in sight...and terrible two's are just around the corner!!!

/silver lining

Good luck, brother.

Mines never been consistent. He has done it a couple times. He usually went to bed around 8 or 9 and would sleep to about 4, get up eat a little snack and then sleep until about 7. That was his most consistent schedule. Now the past week it's been up every two hours. I shouldn't be complaining cause in the grand scheme or things it could worse.
liquid-en.jpg

YWIA

Age 5-8 is the sweet spot. Other than daycare payment (which is like a second mortgage). The kid is potty trained, big enough to tell you what they need, full of wonder. Homework isn't bad. They listen, go to bed, sleep, etc...
That stuff is liquid gold. Solid advice.

I didn't know they made that lol. Things just got interesting. Willy your advice is gold.

All things considered the sleep thing isn't great but considering what the problems could be I have no reason to complain. He's healthy, happy, and growing like a weed. What more do ya need really.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
I wish!!!! No its where a 4 month old reverts back to sleeping like they in their first 2 weeks and getting up every 2 hours.
My now 19 month old is just a turbo sleeping machine since like 5 weeks. We have another girl on the way in November and I anticipate a "law of averages" situation. Shuddering already.

Sup boys. After all this rain. I finally get to chill in the back yard and enjoy a nice evening by a campfire catching a buzz. Hope the rest of you can make the most of it too.

-House down the street went on the market for apparently a cool 950K which shocked the hell out of me. Sign indicates indoor pool. Neighbor who lives directly across from it said the place is really, really strange inside and "occult like". It's not online. I'm going to the open house to check it out.

-Pat Smear! What an interesting dude. Saw a conspiracy theory site in like 1997 that said he killed Kurt Cobain. Site was run by Courtney Love probably.

-Stare out at yard, get dismayed with appearance, say to myself "I'm going to do something about this". Proceed to not do shit about it.

-House down the street went on the market for apparently a cool 950K which shocked the hell out of me. Sign indicates indoor pool. Neighbor who lives directly across from it said the place is really, really strange inside and "occult like". It's not online. I'm going to the open house to check it out.

Ahh, Douglas Park area! You rich mfer you!

Reactions: Willy4UK
Ahh, Douglas Park area! You rich mfer you!
I know you're a rap consoure, have you had ent and seen the Tupac movie yet? I've heard the reviews and they aren't flattering but I still want to see it. Demetrius ship looks similar to him but the eyebrows are way off. Then I heard jada pinkett took to Twitter saying certain things didn't happen. Which makes since she's a scientologist. When John singleton left the project I think it hurt it big time. Either way I still want to see the movie .

Reactions: Mashburned
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT