ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

You were supposed to say…

“IM BUSY PLAYING REAL SPORTS I DONT HAVE TIME FOR FANTASY NERD SPORTS. HELL I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS”
I'm just sandbagging. I'm basically the unholy love child of Belichick and Saban -- IF they were homo lovers who decided to use their fuse their own sperm which they then inserted into a donor egg which was then implanted into a surrogate mother (I'm thinking Georgia Frontierre) with the resulting spawn being a super virile XYY chromosome-laced football genius"

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Before Kath offed himself and Peter Cetera over-dosed on estrogen, hacked his dick off, and transitioned into a broad, Chicago was a good band.

Haha, he cracks me up too (he's a great on the trombone though). The general rule is if its an instrument that I can play, then I ain't impressed.

Based on extensive Google searches and a conversation with an legitimate umpire who does it for pay. After you make legal contact you can touch the plate. Doesnt matter if the the defense has touched it or not. You just can't don't while swinging.

What a pimp.

peter-cetera-asia_read-only.jpg

Huh. I just thought Lamm was nearsighted and couldn't read whether the clock said 3:35 or 3:34 a.m. -- either way, if he'd been living in God's own central time he'd have had an extry hour of sleep.

I always thought the song was simply about not being able to get to sleep.

The clock reads 3:35am (EST obviously)...you toss and turn...and then it seems like just a couple of seconds later you look up and the clock reads 3:54am (EST obviously).

Why can’t he get to sleep? Maybe he’s higher than a cat’s back and can’t come down. Or maybe he is trying to come up with the lyrics to a song and the clock is winding down on the dead line. Most likely scenario is a combination of the two. Lamm was searching for inspiration for lyrics and used drugs to get there...probably searched a little too hard and took too much drugs and couldn’t find either...no lyrics and no sleep. But the beauty of it all is that the experience itself created the lyrics. Life is funny like that.

But who knows for sure? I’m usually wrong about the meaning of lyrics and am constantly infusing my own lyrics to songs because the song writer obviously got it wrong (my kids hate this). But speculation on the meaning of lyrics is half the fun of listening to music in the first place...unless you are listening to one of Chicago’s later, sappy 80’s tunes...in which case the fun has been completely zapped.

Unless it’s 1982 and you happen to be in MS and happen to be at a spin the bottle party...and the chicks are playing sappy 80’s songs...and Hard to Say I’m Sorry comes on at the exact moment the bottle lands on Sally Jane...and that just happens to be her all time favorite song (this week). In which case...all is right with the world and you are frantically strategizing a way to talk everyone into expanding the game into playing 7 minutes in heaven.

But I digress...

Only two things are certain:

1) Out of 237 Chicago albums that produced trillions of songs...this one tops them all

2) Lamm wrote a song about EST. That’s EST...just as God intended. As it was in 1969...as it was in 1982...as it shall forever be.

Last edited:
...unless you are listening to one of Chicago’s later, sappy 80’s tunes...in which case the fun has been completely zapped.
On this we can most definitely agree -- and that sappiness/zappiness can be traced directly to Et-Cetera surgically removing his testicles to reach a Minnie Ripperton-esque higher octave, the culmination of which was, of course, the abominable Glory Of Love.

Huh. I just thought Lamm was nearsighted and couldn't read whether the clock said 3:35 or 3:34 a.m. -- either way, if he'd been living in God's own central time he'd have had an extry hour of sleep.
Chicago runs on central time. Although I’m not sure where Lamm was when he wrote that tune. Probably out west, so he would have had even more time. Must’ve been on a real bender that day.

Years ago I went to some sort of job organizational training and the speaker (black guy)claimed that he had been friends with all the original dudes in Chicago. I remember him saying that he was offered a place in the band (can’t remember what instrument he played). It really parallels the Clarence Walker story.

Years ago I went to some sort of job organizational training and the speaker (black guy)claimed that he had been friends with all the original dudes in Chicago. I remember him saying that he was offered a place in the band (can’t remember what instrument he played). It really parallels the Clarence Walker story.
If he was offered a spot in Chicago he could have played any number of about 234 instruments...43 of which were on full display in the vid mav provided above.

~~~ also ~~~

Your story reminds of the story about John(ny) (Cougar) Melancamp’s first drummer. They were struggling to make it and he quit to get a real job to put food on the table. Pretty soon thereafter (like 2 or 3 months I think) they signed their first record contract...with a new drummer at the helm.

Timing is everything...just so long as it’s ES timing.

• Haha
Reactions: UKGrad93 and _Mav_
gL1VPsWl.png

Every year I start off thinking "this could be my year to be included the elite club known as NOB fantastical foosball." Once again my number was not drawn but someday I await the privilege of being included with you distinguished yet sophisticated gentlemen.

Every year I start off thinking "this could be my year to be included the elite club known as NOB fantastical foosball." Once again my number was not drawn but someday I await the privilege of being included with you distinguished yet sophisticated gentlemen.
ATC says you didn’t pass the background check. I wrote down what the report said so that I wouldn’t forget: “an upright citizen in good standing with the community who has never been to jail”. That just doesn’t fit this league’s profile.

• Haha
Reactions: UKGrad93 and _Mav_
ATC says you didn’t pass the background check. I wrote down what the report said so that I wouldn’t forget: “an upright citizen in good standing with the community who has never been to jail”. That just doesn’t fit this league’s profile.

Does it matter that in college that i lived with a drug dealer who sold to an undercover cop and Lexington's finest raided our apartment while I was detained in handcuff on my couch..........they did find my missing acne medicine during the ransacking and so politely set on my nightstand for me to find. Bless them.

Just think it’s an interesting question given the last week. It’s still basketball for me but love them both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT