ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

Need a clarification on funeral etiquette. Here's the situation: 4-lane divided highway, middle lane is a turn lane (5 lanes total), with a funeral procession going in the opposite direction. People going my way are diving to the shoulder to apparently "show respect," but I kept driving.

I'm admittedly an inconsiderate jackass, but I'm calling bullshit on stopping in that situation. Two lane highway, ok sure -- but there were 3 whole empty lanes between me and the hearse. I'm quite certain the bereaved could not have cared less. What say ye, NOB?

I always stop because man I just really love and respect dead people.

I'll tell you what pisses me off - these jackasses that don't get out of the way for emergency vehicles. Mfers will sit 3 wide at a stoplight and not one of them will move to clear a path, like they're afraid of something? Idk, but people absolutely hate moving for emergency vehicles nowadays. F em. People are trash. They're better off dead.

"KY Honkey Tat " is one of my fave Elton John songs.

When I look back, boy, I must have been green
Bopping in the country, fishing in a stream

Looking for an answer, trying to find a sign
Until I saw your city lights, honey, I was blind

They said, get that...KY honky tat
Better get back to the woods
Well, I quit those days and my redneck ways
And, oh, the change is gonna do me good

You better get that...KY honky tat
Living in the city ain't where it's at
It's like trying to find gold in a silver mine
It's like trying to drink KY bourbon from a box of wine

I always pull over on a two lane if its safe to do so. But I usually don't pull over on a four lane.

Mainly because that's the rule of thumb my dad went by...and he was a good ol' country boy raised on a farm in WKY. So I think you are in the clear, mav.

That makes a lot of sense.

My town does not make much sense, we got a lot of nerve gas here. We also have a big funeral home right on the 5 lane bypass, on the far west side. So my entire life I’ve spent a lot of time on that bypass pulled over just watching funerals go by. That’s just what you do here on your way to the McDonalds.

I don’t know all the words to Rocky Top, but I know this has been stuck in my head since I read the words “Honky Cat”...

Let’s go Honky Cat...wooooh!!

It sounds really hilarious in my head with the music behind it, and picturing a Kroger Field crowd sanging the hell out of it.

Honky Cat >>>> Rocky Top

My advice is don't lie. I never advise people to lie. Firm believer that the truth is always best...in all situations. Lies wind up coming back to haunt you eventually.

Having said that...just simply ask for the time off. You don't have to tell them what it's for. Just say you need a personal day.

The only thing you are obligated to do is to give your current employer two weeks notice once you have secured the other job.
I agree. Don’t ask, don’t tell. If the company that is interviewing you is worth a crap, they will keep things quiet until they hire you.

Some employers will fire you for interviewing somewhere else.

scut-farcas.jpg
Not sure I’m on board with Kellar

Qu’ellAr, maybe.

D80sQZnWkAMTr2H

Seattle to see Dad the last few days. He surprised me by flying back to Raleigh with me to spend a week. We see each other fairly often given the distance but am becoming more cognizant of how time is going by. Hit me in the airplane bathroom. Emerged red-eyed probably looking like I bombed a bag of something. So thankful he’s coming to see the kids.

Meanwhile, woke up for some reason thinking about the music from the early 2000’s Quiznos commercials with those disgusting rat things. ANY COUPON WORKS! So Happy Father’s Day, you little shitheads.

We have a college student working in the office. She is a decent worker, but has started complaining that everything she does could just be done by some computer code.....if we would just pay her to write it......And.......... if she runs into a problem with it, she can just ask her boyfriend's dad for help..........

It's getting super annoying.

No, she does not have big hooters. :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT