ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Robinson all but guaranteed to Kansas. LSU out.

I try not to be a homer when I post and when I do post over here I try to be respectful. I have never denied that UK's success especially in the tournament far outweighs KU's. But the flaming out early thing does bug me. Below is UK's and KU's early exits since the tournament expanded to 64 teams:

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Kentucky did not make the tournament 5 times during that period and Kansas only missed it 1 time.

Not much of a difference when you look at the numbers. KU has flamed out when they shouldn't of but the tournament is tough and takes a lot of luck to win.

Here's to hoping we see you guys in the Championship game next April!

Have a great weekend!

Just for more background, Kentucky lost in the 1st Round as an 8 seed and an 11 seed (that was with Billy G. as head coach).

The 2nd Round Losses, only once was as a No. 1 seed (others were 3, 4, 5, 8, 8) and only 3 times was Kentucky the better seed in those losses.

By comparison for Kansas ...

Lost in 1st Round (3)
3 lost to 14
4 lost to 13

Lost in 2nd Round (9)
3 lost to 11
2 lost to 7
1 lost to 9
1 lost to 8
6 lost to 3 (Kentucky)
8 lost to 1
1 lost to 9
2 lost to 10
2 lost to 7

In those 12 years, in all but 3 of them, Kansas was a 3 seed or better. 3 times you were a No. 1 seed. So 9 times KU was the better seed and lost in the first weekend.

It doesn't get more intentionally obtuse than arguing Kansas's chokes are equal to Kentucky.

Several people have quoted that post and everyone has taken it wrong. First, it was a light-hearted joke. I was complaining that those 3 teams are getting their needs met late in the running, when it looked like they were going to have major concerns. It wasn't about our roster at all.
You seem to have trouble with the english language.

Because we got a future top 20 pick in Richards who didn't demand to have his handlers in positions of power at UK.

I actually hope Robinson plays for Kansas this year. It's like a collection of sith. Eventually, some of them will start killing each other (metaphorically). Newman, the Lawsons, Robinson, etc.

Meanwhile we have a lineup of Luke, Obi-won, Mace, Yoda, and Qui-gon.

Just for more background, Kentucky lost in the 1st Round as an 8 seed and an 11 seed (that was with Billy G. as head coach).

The 2nd Round Losses, only once was as a No. 1 seed (others were 3, 4, 5, 8, 8) and only 3 times was Kentucky the better seed in those losses.

By comparison for Kansas ...

Lost in 1st Round (3)
3 lost to 14
4 lost to 13

Lost in 2nd Round (9)
3 lost to 11
2 lost to 7
1 lost to 9
1 lost to 8
6 lost to 3 (Kentucky)
8 lost to 1
1 lost to 9
2 lost to 10
2 lost to 7

In those 12 years, in all but 3 of them, Kansas was a 3 seed or better. 3 times you were a No. 1 seed. So 9 times KU was the better seed and lost in the first weekend.
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

The best part is it's so extreme it looks like you made up those numbers.

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

What's questionable about him? Signed with WK due to family on staff, family left so he leaves. I missed the questionable part

Why does KU always end up involved with these questionable guys?

Robinson to KU gives them what they were lacking: inside depth.

Does this make KU preseason #1? I think so.

It's KU, MSU, and Zona at the top right now.

UK and Duke are a notch below.

Then there are several teams in the next tier, IMHO.

It's the only way Self can field a competitive team. No team twists the rules like Kansas & the big 12 refs reward the squirrelhead's misfits with fake big 12 championships. Outside of big 12 games, the chicken hawks aren't worth a squirt of piss.

It's the only way Self can field a competitive team. No team twists the rules like Kansas & the big 12 refs reward the squirrelhead's misfits with fake big 12 championships. Outside of big 12 games, the chicken hawks aren't worth a squirt of piss.

Outside Big12 and SEC/Big12 Challenge Games, you mean? Happy that Liberace got extended at Silo Tech?

Reactions: cgreen423
What's questionable about him? Signed with WK due to family on staff, family left so he leaves. I missed the questionable part

Just fishy from the start. A top 10 at WKU (my alma mater, so not dissing them), then when his godfather or whatever leaves he is rumored to be leaving, then stays and goes to class, then decides to leave two weeks into classes.

Now, somehow, there's a loophole that may allow him to play right away, even though he took classes and practiced with the team.

Nothing substantial, just doesn't seem right.

Add to that, the only big time program after him is KU, with a history of taking chances on questionable kids.

How come UNC (where his godfather played) haven't tried to get involved? They need help inside. UofL could use him.

This kid is very talented, so why hasn't everyone besides Duke and UK (who are likely hoping for Bagley) jumped all over this kid?

Once again, nothing concrete and I don't mean to disparage the kid, just things seem a little off with this whole thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out later about this kid. But then again, that is just my gut feeling, so I could be wrong. I have been before.

Reactions: bookerfan66
I was only going on the information provided by the poster in the quote above my response. The point being is that IF Beverly is indeed given an exemption it would be due to the kid losing the coach he originally signed with. Robinson has no such excuse and will sit for the year due to attending classes and enrolling which he most definitely should
Braxton enrolled too and took summer classes.. That's why he has to sit out a year at NC State.. Unless they can find a loophole and get him eligible to play this season..

Went back n found the article.. He has to get a waiver from the NCAA..

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Braxton-Beverly--438225713.html

Last edited:
Kansas is a second tier program these days. Will take the kids UK and Duke pass on due to off the court issues. It's really Self's only chance.

Braxton enrolled too and took summer classes.. That's why he has to sit out a year at NC State.. Unless they can find a loophole and get him eligible to play this season..

Went back n found the article.. He has to get a waiver from the NCAA..

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Braxton-Beverly--438225713.html

Didn't he verbally commit from somewhere else before WKU, then decommit from there? Two decommitals and 3 schools before he finally settles? No way he should get a waiver.

Didn't he verbally commit from somewhere else before WKU, then decommit from there? Two decommitals and 3 schools before he finally settles? No way he should get a waiver.

He committed to TAMU while stansbury was there, then came with him to WKU where he signed his NLI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT