ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Robinson all but guaranteed to Kansas. LSU out.

He hasn't even picked a school yet. There are almost certainly issues that have to be cleared up for him to be eligible as a transfer, especially immediately. CLassses start in Lawrence on August 21.

This all feels very sketchy, even by the dingy standards of Kansas under Bill Self. At least he hasn't assaulted anyone, as far as we know.

Why does it "feel sketchy"? The kid went to WKU because of familial relationship. This person left. So he wants to go somewhere else. Happens all the time.

LOL at people dancing around the subject..... WKU landed Robinson because of hiring williams and anyone with an honest soul would bet money WKU was giving Williams some extra cha ching so he can pass it down to Robinson within the rules.

If Robinson lands at KU, look for Williams to get some kind of benefit from it ...... a new job somewhere through KU contacts or at KU itself. Thats part of recruiting and why its very very shady.

Also.. people trying to protect WKU and its Ky boy Head coach Stansbury should be ashamed... no wonder that school is considered by many to be UL lite.

just kidding about WKU and Stansbury....... its shady and the loop holes should be shut by the NCAA but its not cheating .

But shame on Robinson and Williams... they got theirs... wanted more and then moved to bigger pastures. But did anyone expect integrity out of a tarheel?

Robinson was committed to Texas AM where Stansbury recruited him as an assistant. He then switched to WKU after Stansbury left AM for there. Shammond Williams was an assistant at Tulsa. If he only went to WKU because of Williams, why wasn't he committed to Tulsa before WKU? Yes I think he was hired with the intent to help lock up Robinson, but no one mentions he was previously committed to Stansbury

Robinson was committed to Texas AM where Stansbury recruited him as an assistant. He then switched to WKU after Stansbury left AM for there. Shammond Williams was an assistant at Tulsa. If he only went to WKU because of Williams, why wasn't he committed to Tulsa before WKU? Yes I think he was hired with the intent to help lock up Robinson, but no one mentions he was previously committed to Stansbury

Exactly this.

Robinson messed up by leaving WKU. He probably didn't realize that he would not be able to play college ball this year. He has hurt his draft stock by not being able to play any CBB, and therefore cost himself a lot of money. Shammond is a snake that tried to pimp out MR while on staff at WKU. That's why he got fired, and MR is too immature to realize that he should make his own decisions. Should have manned up, played at WKU, and gone in the draft in 10 months. Now, he will never play a CBB game. I hope the kid gets some life lessons from all of this or he is going to flame out of the spotlight very very quickly.

I don't know why more top recruits don't go the direction of Brandon Knight. Don't sign a LOI so you're free to leave if something happens.

I don't know why more top recruits don't go the direction of Brandon Knight. Don't sign a LOI so you're free to leave if something happens.

If you sign scholarship papers, enroll in classes and practice with a team, I think that pretty much binds you to a school for a year though.

This isn't just committing and signing and then the coach leaves in march before anyone arrives on campus.

The question here seems to be, if you love Rick bleeping Stansbury so much that you commit to Western for him, how does that go sour before football season even starts?

If you sign scholarship papers, enroll in classes and practice with a team, I think that pretty much binds you to a school for a year though.

This isn't just committing and signing and then the coach leaves in march before anyone arrives on campus.

The question here seems to be, if you love Rick bleeping Stansbury so much that you commit to Western for him, how does that go sour before football season even starts?

Agree with this, but the NCAA gave Braxton Beverly an exemption when he left OSU. He will be eligible at NC State this year. Same circumstances? Have no idea.

Agree with what you say.

I've always thought a LOI is binding but signing financial aid papers is not. Obviously taking summer school classes plays a big part in this.

Could Kansas actually have an entire starting 5 of transfers next year?

Newman
Cunliffe
Lawson
Lawson
Robinson
Bill Self is a modern day Jerry Tarkanian. Old Tark the shark said he loved getting transfers because their cars are already paid for. Apparently Self must feel this way as well. After all him & Tarkanian are cut from the same cloth. This way Self & KU can use their money to bail their scummy thugs that they recruit out of jail.

Reactions: Willy4UK
I try not to be a homer when I post and when I do post over here I try to be respectful. I have never denied that UK's success especially in the tournament far outweighs KU's. But the flaming out early thing does bug me. Below is UK's and KU's early exits since the tournament expanded to 64 teams:

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Kentucky did not make the tournament 5 times during that period and Kansas only missed it 1 time.

Not much of a difference when you look at the numbers. KU has flamed out when they shouldn't of but the tournament is tough and takes a lot of luck to win.

Here's to hoping we see you guys in the Championship game next April!

Have a great weekend!
I don't mind opposing fans so long as they post respectfully. As for your numbers, that is actually a huge difference.

UK gets bounced early 29% of the time.

KU gets bounced early 38% of the time.

That is significant and should be weighted even more in UK's favor due to KU having one more first round exit.

Agree with this, but the NCAA gave Braxton Beverly an exemption when he left OSU. He will be eligible at NC State this year. Same circumstances? Have no idea.
Braxton beverly got an exemption because matta retired. Robinson enrolled in classes and just left. He will sit a year. Without a doubt

Taylor and his shagging coeds under the bleachers; Alexander and Selby and their eligibility issues; Bragg and his pothead ways; Jackson and his domestic violence; Newman and his shots-per-game promises; the Lawsons and their threats of violence...

Robinson will fit right in. I'd potentially hang myself if I had been brought up a Jayhawk fan and had to defend that circus-level sh*t show.

My question is why we didn't go all in for him ?

Because we got a future top 20 pick in Richards who didn't demand to have his handlers in positions of power at UK.

I actually hope Robinson plays for Kansas this year. It's like a collection of sith. Eventually, some of them will start killing each other (metaphorically). Newman, the Lawsons, Robinson, etc.

I try not to be a homer when I post and when I do post over here I try to be respectful. I have never denied that UK's success especially in the tournament far outweighs KU's. But the flaming out early thing does bug me. Below is UK's and KU's early exits since the tournament expanded to 64 teams:

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Kentucky did not make the tournament 5 times during that period and Kansas only missed it 1 time.

Not much of a difference when you look at the numbers. KU has flamed out when they shouldn't of but the tournament is tough and takes a lot of luck to win.

Here's to hoping we see you guys in the Championship game next April!

Have a great weekend!
Glad you're not trying to be a homer. Look at how far the 2 teams have advanced recently homer...um I mean

Last I heard braxton will have to sit out because he took summer classes at Ohio St.. Unless that's changed in the past 3-4 days..
I was only going on the information provided by the poster in the quote above my response. The point being is that IF Beverly is indeed given an exemption it would be due to the kid losing the coach he originally signed with. Robinson has no such excuse and will sit for the year due to attending classes and enrolling which he most definitely should

What, the 30+ NBA draft picks since Cal's been here and half-dozen super max guys in the NBA didn't cut it for you?

Several people have quoted that post and everyone has taken it wrong. First, it was a light-hearted joke. I was complaining that those 3 teams are getting their needs met late in the running, when it looked like they were going to have major concerns. It wasn't about our roster at all.

ADVERTISEMENT