ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Robinson all but guaranteed to Kansas. LSU out.

Apr 14, 2016
Des Moines
Per marble mouth:

LSU no longer recruiting him.

Also another new wrinkle, he may not have been fully processed in at Western Kentucky. So all the Dean would have to do is reject his application and it's like he was never there. Would be able to play right away at KU.

And that Dean is former high level brass at Kansas.

Why does KU always end up involved with these questionable guys?

Robinson to KU gives them what they were lacking: inside depth.

Does this make KU preseason #1? I think so.

It's KU, MSU, and Zona at the top right now.

UK and Duke are a notch below.

Then there are several teams in the next tier, IMHO.

UNCheat has no shooters outside Berry, they get Johnson. Kansas has no inside depth, they get a Top 10 Robinson. Now we just need Duke to get Bagley.

Why can't we have nice things?

self cant get the top top tier on a consistent basis so they've become transfer u. no big deal. cal has done his fair share of losing when he shouldnt of but and its a big but self chokes 10x cal. he's one coach uk fans can clown.

Self can get away with anything because he's buds with all these media guys. Then Kansas always gets a pass because they are no one's most hated rival (Mizzou doesn't count). The result is a school that isn't held accountable for anything. Incidents are reported on and then fizzle out because no one cares.

As an example, Kentucky probably got 10 times the negative press and social media buzz for a handful of fans harassing a referee than Kansas got for all the crap surrounding Josh Jackson last year.

UNCheat has no shooters outside Berry, they get Johnson. Kansas has no inside depth, they get a Top 10 Robinson. Now we just need Duke to get Bagley.

Why can't we have nice things?
Dude, you need to take a better look at our current team. We will always get nice things with Cal in charge. Take a deep breath our team will bring back #9 this year. Now don't you feel better. Like your avatar name but maybe you should take it to heart and be silent.

You gotta be ****ing kidding me. Really hope not. That dude can play. Would probably make KU the favorite this year. Meh, doesn't matter. Sounds like a second round loss to a double digit seed to me. [cheers]
It might make them the preseason favorite. And when selection Sunday rolls around. I will do like I do every year, I'll pick them to lose out in the round of 32 or the sweet 16. Because that's what they do every year. I have no fear of Kansas at tournament time.
I don't know what the scholarship numbers are at Kansas, but is it possible that Bill Self ran Jack Whitman off to make room for Mitchell Robinson?

It might make them the preseason favorite. And when selection Sunday rolls around. I will do like I do every year, I'll pick them to lose out in the round of 32 or the sweet 16. Because that's what they do every year. I have no fear of Kansas at tournament time.
I don't know what the scholarship numbers are at Kansas, but is it possible that Bill Self ran Jack Whitman off to make room for Mitchell Robinson?
He probably did.

Will be just that much sweeter when those F*cks flame out in the 2nd/3rd round.

I try not to be a homer when I post and when I do post over here I try to be respectful. I have never denied that UK's success especially in the tournament far outweighs KU's. But the flaming out early thing does bug me. Below is UK's and KU's early exits since the tournament expanded to 64 teams:

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Kentucky did not make the tournament 5 times during that period and Kansas only missed it 1 time.

Not much of a difference when you look at the numbers. KU has flamed out when they shouldn't of but the tournament is tough and takes a lot of luck to win.

Here's to hoping we see you guys in the Championship game next April!

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: Me and Rex
I try not to be a homer when I post and when I do post over here I try to be respectful. I have never denied that UK's success especially in the tournament far outweighs KU's. But the flaming out early thing does bug me. Below is UK's and KU's early exits since the tournament expanded to 64 teams:

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Kentucky did not make the tournament 5 times during that period and Kansas only missed it 1 time.

Not much of a difference when you look at the numbers. KU has flamed out when they shouldn't of but the tournament is tough and takes a lot of luck to win.

Have a great weekend!

Love when opposing fans come here desperately searching for validation

Per marble mouth:

And that Dean is former high level brass at Kansas.
Ok, I'm all for a good conspiracy theory, so I was ready to run with this...but when I tried to look it up further I don't think this makes sense.

First "dean" is a somewhat generic term as their are lots of deans in a college. Going by their bios, nobody in management in the admissions office, academic affairs office or enrollment office is from Kansas.

So what person are you referring to? If there is a name it'd be great to highlight this fact.

Ok, I'm all for a good conspiracy theory, so I was ready to run with this...but when I tried to look it up further I don't think this makes sense.

First "dean" is a somewhat generic term as their are lots of deans in a college. Going by their bios, nobody in management in the admissions office, academic affairs office or enrollment office is from Kansas.

So what person are you referring to? If there is a name it'd be great to highlight this fact.

I'm gonna need a minute or two to pull a name out of my ass or fabricate one altogether

Kansas has played to seed 3x since Self got there. That's less than 25% of the time they have advanced to where they were supposed to or better. Many of those losses were truly embarrassing. Even this year, Kansas was blown out by a 3-seed.

Their reputation as chokers is well-deserved.

Why does KU always end up involved with these questionable guys?

Robinson to KU gives them what they were lacking: inside depth.

Does this make KU preseason #1? I think so.

It's KU, MSU, and Zona at the top right now.

UK and Duke are a notch below.

Then there are several teams in the next tier, IMHO.
What is questionable about him. He has not been rumored to be a bad kid until he was dismissed.

"Dean" that's being referred to is actually the new President (Timothy Caboni) at WKU, with that said I'm not really buying into that whole conspiracy. Caboni's job at KU was Chancellor of Public Affairs.

Yes. Knew it was there. President of the school, Tim Carboni. Former vice Chancellor for public affairs at Kansas.

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Have a great weekend!

How many times in those 9 losses were the Jayhawks a 1 or 2 seed and how many times was UK a 1 or 2 seed. That is a better question if you are talking about a flameout. If UK is a 5 losing to a 4 in the second round as opposed to being a 1 losing to a 9 then it's apples and oranges.

How many times in those 9 losses were the Jayhawks a 1 or 2 seed and how many times was UK a 1 or 2 seed. That is a better question if you are talking about a flameout. If UK is a 5 losing to a 4 in the second round as opposed to being a 1 losing to a 9 then it's apples and oranges.
This. Exactly this.

Dude, you need to take a better look at our current team. We will always get nice things with Cal in charge. Take a deep breath our team will bring back #9 this year. Now don't you feel better. Like your avatar name but maybe you should take it to heart and be silent.
I thought he was being sarcastic. Maybe I'm wrong, though. :)

UK:
1st round losses - 2
2nd round losses - 6

KU:
1st round losses - 3
2nd round losses - 9

Have a great weekend!
Hey look, another Kansas fan bringing the heat with his own "timeline" as his ammo. I'm surprised he didn't go with the "the winningest team since 2000". Desperate fans create timelines, real fans ride with their ENTIRE body of work. The End.

Reactions: TopCatCal
ADVERTISEMENT