ADVERTISEMENT

McGregor vs Poirier. 3

It's an Olympic year. One guy is from Ireland, one dude is from Louisiana. Go home team!

I couldn't get the Sportstream stuff to work.. but admittedly don't know these sites well.

Hoping for McGregor, but don't see it happening.

Yeah, that was a bust. Dude ankle gave out. Amazing how an injury isn't a draw.

Poirer guy didn't deserve that.

Absolutely shit way for a fight to end. I agree Connor probably loses but guy can punch and you only need to land one big one.

That is true. Its not over until it's over, and he won the first 2 min of that fight.

Just wonder if he spent too much time trying to fight higher weight classes, fight Mayweather. He made his money and made a brand, but he did it by chasing fights. Maybe should have stayed in his lane.

Some dude on ESPN just made a good point. UFC is supposed to somewhat simulate a street fight. If that was a street fight, Connor is getting his brains beat in when that leg snapped.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I am drinking me some Clan McGregor right now. That's Clan with a C libs so, shut up!

Cheap but pretty smooth scotch whiskey. Found out about it from a lady whose husband is a Scotsman. We worked together and she told me about getting it from the Class VI on post. Now I have about 5 liters of it. It does not stay on the shelf long so, when I find it there I buy a few.

I am drinking me some Clan McGregor right now. That's Clan with a C libs so, shut up!

Cheap but pretty smooth scotch whiskey. Found out about it from a lady whose husband is a Scotsman. We worked together and she told me about getting it from the Class VI on post. Now I have about 5 liters of it. It does not stay on the shelf long so, when I find it there I buy a few.

I poured some Buffalo Trace and a Taproot Imperial IPA from Rhode Island. I'm feeling it...

Reactions: warrior-cat
214978425_335007384841395_3869806323254690830_n.jpg

Youch. 'Nuff said.

Ahh, idk. Im sure you and many others can tell me better.. but it seems like Connor was going to lose this anyways.. and if your body can't hold out, whose fault is that?

Oh definitely was going to lose. Just sucks to lose an ankle and not the guy beating in his skull

Couple of post fight thought.

I think Connor may have done some damage to the leg with the thundering kicks he was doing, then at a time of being vulnerable, his leg snapped.

I know Poirier won the first round, but no FN way it was a 10-8 round. Not under any criteria. Connor won the 1st half of the round, HTF do you score it 10-8 ?(two of the three judges did)

Stupid comment of the night (and there was plenty)
Stephen A. Smith - " IF Connor McGregor comes back from this injury, no way he will be as good as he was 5-6 years ago." No shit, even w/o the injury he would not be as good as he was 5/6 years ago, that was his Prime.

"If Julio Jones comes back next, no way he will be as good as he was 5/6 years ago" It sounds stupid, but not surprising from Stephen A.

Reactions: ManitouDan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT