ADVERTISEMENT

All you Cal haters who thought we could fire him and just take our pick

It certainly wasn’t a win being beat in round one of the tournament right? Seek a safe space in your room with your Cal posters on the wall. Cal was a proven coach and proved he couldn’t coach.
83Cat probably does have Cal posters. I bet he has personalized basketballs from the greatest player here under the Cal regime,

EPRAHS YDAHS

• Haha
Reactions: Ugoff
I think it really depends on what you want and what your goals are for your team. If it's to turn out NBA talent that you can follow in the pro's sure Cal was great at that. If what you want from your team is to get past the first round of the NCAA tournament then it's hard to argue that Cal was your coach. It just all depends on what you want from Kentucky basketball.
So many folks on this board fall under the former. They come on here to announce every move one of their beloved NBA-former-Cats makes. And you never see them in the college game threads or discussing the game afterwards. Those are not UK fans.

are incredibly naive. This was the question I always had…how are ya gonna replace him? Who is going to recruit top players? What contacts does he have in the states that produce the great players? Even on the NIL, Lexington does not have major companies like many other schools to help support them. This is a great step into reality. You got your wish, Cal is gone. No one wants the job and we are bringing in an unproven coach with little opportunity to retain or bring in 5 star recruits. Great plan. I guess if we make the tournament and make it past the first weekend now everyone will call this a win.

Opposed to losing the first game of the SEC and NCAA tournament. Give it time and back away from the ledge. Damn.

are incredibly naive. This was the question I always had…how are ya gonna replace him? Who is going to recruit top players? What contacts does he have in the states that produce the great players? Even on the NIL, Lexington does not have major companies like many other schools to help support them. This is a great step into reality. You got your wish, Cal is gone. No one wants the job and we are bringing in an unproven coach with little opportunity to retain or bring in 5 star recruits. Great plan. I guess if we make the tournament and make it past the first weekend now everyone will call this a win.
Cal left. UK fans did not run him off. I for one am disappointed in the lack of character he showed in getting this miserable period turned around, but am ecstatic that his sham philosophy is gone. The last couple of days show how much Z and his buddies really cared about UK and our tradition. So much for any loyalty to the school and the name in front on the jersey. Changes like this come with some pain; I am disappointed also in the decommits, but good players abound and they will come here. This turmoil will morph into smooth air in the bluest of skies.

Other than that, don't know what to tell you and maybe you just needed to rant without a smart ass answer. That's OK, but assaualting those of us who like this inevitable change is going to ask for responses you also may not like. Have patience. Get a service animal if needed. Come off the ledge. Root for Arkansas if you want.

I tend to believe we are in great shape now and in the future. Mark Pope is super intelligent, experienced, still young at 51, and has a super support system. All things are in place for future success you and I can be proud of. Exorcising the demonic and flawed philosophy of the very disappointing past will take some time, but it will get done.

season 7 one coarse meal GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
You can def tell some of these posters didn't watch the press conference and didn't get excited by the future and the change in philosophy. Some of you guys are still going to sleep at night kissing your picture of Cal sitting on your nightstand. If it pains you so much please follow in his footsteps and stop being a drama queen. Over and out.

• Love
Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Whew I guess we're screwed now we never had a title or any phone until the Cow got here, and now he's gone oh cry.

Did Cal get fired?

Sure, the fans had some role in Cal leaving on his own but more than anything, he made his bed and own demise by pissing off the big money boosters...and along came NIL. That didn't work out well for him. He thought he could just do his thing, and could...until NIL changed the process and he had already made his lumpy bed with the boosters right before he unknowingly would need them more than ever. His ego is what did that to him. That's why NIL was a huge deal in his negotiating with AR and quite possibly Oh St. Cal did this to himself.

Waaah,waaah,waaah. Just give it a rest. He didn’t get fired! He QUIT. Ego wouldn’t let him change. SMH

I wrote the original post before it was official but it looked imminent that Pope was getting the job. Many, many of the same people cutting me down were also worried about the hire and calling for Pitino, Hurley, Donovan, coaches that were never going to take the job. I have been a UK fan and graduated from UK most likely before many of you were born and support the team and the school financially in a very big way and have for many years. Please don’t call my over reaction and misjudgment a lack of support. I was wrong. Anyone who attended the press conference could see that I was incredibly short sided and if you could have seen the tears in my eyes when Pope was doing CATS, you’d know that I know I was wrong to pre-judge him. If I am anything, I am overly loyal to our staff and players. I didn’t want Joe B to go, I didn’t like losing Tubby, I certainly hated seeing Pitino leave and I didn’t like everyone blaming Cal for every missed wide open layup and three. I’ll support the heck out of Pope as I have done with every coach (except Billy G and that drunken Vandy game) since Rupp. I was wrong to make that post and I am sorry that I did. I could delete it (I think) but I’d rather glance back after next year and see what fool I was. Correct, I don’t post much (but I’ve been on this board since it was the clunky original format), I’d rather leave that for the you experts but there is not a bigger fan among you. I am very excited for the Pope era to begin and honestly glad for the Cal era to end. I should have had faith and gone with what I know…“We know not what the future holds, but we do know who holds the future.” Blessings to all of you. Welcome back to Mark and his family.

Reactions: Ugoff
Save this for the Arkansas fans after they realize how awful Calipari really is as a coach.

I wrote the original post before it was official but it looked imminent that Pope was getting the job. Many, many of the same people cutting me down were also worried about the hire and calling for Pitino, Hurley, Donovan, coaches that were never going to take the job. I have been a UK fan and graduated from UK most likely before many of you were born and support the team and the school financially in a very big way and have for many years. Please don’t call my over reaction and misjudgment a lack of support. I was wrong. Anyone who attended the press conference could see that I was incredibly short sided and if you could have seen the tears in my eyes when Pope was doing CATS, you’d know that I know I was wrong to pre-judge him. If I am anything, I am overly loyal to our staff and players. I didn’t want Joe B to go, I didn’t like losing Tubby, I certainly hated seeing Pitino leave and I didn’t like everyone blaming Cal for every missed wide open layup and three. I’ll support the heck out of Pope as I have done with every coach (except Billy G and that drunken Vandy game) since Rupp. I was wrong to make that post and I am sorry that I did. I could delete it (I think) but I’d rather glance back after next year and see what fool I was. Correct, I don’t post much (but I’ve been on this board since it was the clunky original format), I’d rather leave that for the you experts but there is not a bigger fan among you. I am very excited for the Pope era to begin and honestly glad for the Cal era to end. I should have had faith and gone with what I know…“We know not what the future holds, but we do know who holds the future.” Blessings to all of you. Welcome back to Mark and his family.
Mine was as hard on you as any reply.

Appreciate you taking ownership and admitting your post was due to an overreaction.

Hope all those who are really fans but thought there was no other choice than Coach ChArLatan (at least that's what I read as the tenor of your original post) all rally with the rest of us who had CalFatigue behind what will hopefully be a rejuvenation similar to what happened in the 90s.

Reactions: 83Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT