ADVERTISEMENT

Holding my breath here in Fayette County….

And on teachers unions. I know not every teacher supports the union. But, enough of them voted as a bloc to oust Bevin a few years ago. And true, he wasn't perfect but, at least he wasn't hosting drag queens at the Capitol.
Teachers union could be busted, especially in red states if enough members that oppose the politics of their leadership were to band together and throw the woke SJW's out. Let's pray that happens eventually.

One reminder: There is no real union in Kentucky statewide. Any such power is exercised locally. The KEA can lobby - and at this point it really only has influence with Democrats in this state due to bad decisions in terms of who it has backed in elections and what policies it would be open to - but it can't call for a general strike. And sure, teachers can try a "sick out" like a few years ago but I guarantee you that such an effort would collapse in about two weeks when teachers ran out of sick days and weren't getting paid anymore. Some teachers have lots of days banked but some hardly have any, so I think people would be surprised at how quick any strike effort would be halted. And to me, if you can't strike then you have no union because you have no bargaining power.

I'm not sure what the KEA's numbers are like today versus 20 years ago but I know lots of teachers that are part of KAPE, which is a non-political entity that provides legal assistance and liability coverage to teachers. It also provides legislative updates but doesn't campaign for candidates of any party. It's much cheaper to join than the KEA (I think it's like a $200 membership fee vs. the KEA's $800) and that's probably why you don't see a lot of change in KEA leadership because people that don't agree with its politics have stopped paying dues to it and have bolted for a different organization that better represents them.

I know quite a few teachers that voted for Bevin too because he fully funded the pension system for the first time in a while, which was appreciated by a lot more people than what the media was reporting in Frankfort.

All of this to say, when you hear the KEA quoted in the media don't believe that it represents all teachers. News organizations want a quick place to get a quote and they'll go to a large organization to get it. It's not like they are dialing up individual teachers or even quoting those who criticize its decisions.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Masks!!!

You asked for proof. There’s plenty. Keep believing in your talisman, just don’t expect others to go along with this charade
Masks!!!

You asked for proof. There’s plenty. Keep believing in your talisman, just don’t expect others to go along with this charade.
Well let me guess, the attached will change your mind.

Masks!!!

You asked for proof. There’s plenty. Keep believing in your talisman, just don’t expect others to go along with this charade.
And, let me guess, you believe in a virgin birth. Believe cigarette smoking has nothing to do with cancer, and that pollution is good for everyone’s health.
The entire world. Literally all of it.
You are a genius.

You are a genius

Lol ad hominem is all you have left. Usual response from the monocle crowd when logic shreds their nonsense. Understandable. I'd be mad too if my entire thought process unraveled.

Let me do a victory lap for you: Japan was the final bastion of hope for all the mask proponents. They said "see! They know how to wear masks right!"

Numbers have them at about 98% mask wearing and we know traditionally masks are a large part of their culture because they don't want to miss days of productivity.

Last year, they had an awful wave of covid. Right now they're in their worst wave yet.

Masks havent worked anywhere in the entire world, for anyone, at any time.

Lol ad hominem is all you have left. Usual response from the monocle crowd when logic shreds their nonsense. Understandable. I'd be mad too if my entire thought process unraveled.

Let me do a victory lap for you: Japan was the final bastion of hope for all the mask proponents. They said "see! They know how to wear masks right!"

Numbers have them at about 98% mask wearing and we know traditionally masks are a large part of their culture because they don't want to miss days of productivity.

Last year, they had an awful wave of covid. Right now they're in their worst wave yet.

Masks havent worked anywhere in the entire world, for anyone, at any time.
Well genius, while you are running your victory lap, consider that Japan as well as other asian countries did very well in controlling the spread of the virus. Of course now we have a more contagious variant that has emerged but that is less dangerous than the first. I know Japan is crowded and getting to work there on crowded subway trains may be taking its toll with respect to the more contagious variant. My assumption is that if the Japanese were less diligent in ask wearing, then the cases would probably be much higher. But you cannot say because cases have spiked in japan that masks do not work at all in preventing the spread. For exmple, if i wear my mask and then take it off for a second to scratch my nose after having touched a door handle, thrn the mask is not going to help. There may be lots of reasons why the cases are spreading in japan, but you can’t just categorically say because of such that masks dont work.
Admittedly, masks alone are not a silver bullitt. But as a tool, along with vaccines, handwashing, social distancing, and not being an asshole, they are helpful.
Shove that up your victory laphole.😁

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Well genius, while you are running your victory lap, consider that Japan as well as other asian countries did very well in controlling the spread of the virus. Of course now we have a more contagious variant that has emerged but that is less dangerous than the first. I know Japan is crowded and getting to work there on crowded subway trains may be taking its toll with respect to the more contagious variant. My assumption is that if the Japanese were less diligent in ask wearing, then the cases would probably be much higher. But you cannot say because cases have spiked in japan that masks do not work at all in preventing the spread. For exmple, if i wear my mask and then take it off for a second to scratch my nose after having touched a door handle, thrn the mask is not going to help. There may be lots of reasons why the cases are spreading in japan, but you can’t just categorically say because of such that masks dont work.
Admittedly, masks alone are not a silver bullitt. But as a tool, along with vaccines, handwashing, social distancing, and not being an asshole, they are helpful.
Shove that up your victory laphole.😁

They didn't. They had a giant wave last year and a worse one right now. They fared exactly the same as everyone else. The only thing that changed was the timing and that was controlled mainly by seasonality.

In fact, iirc, their death rate is worse than ours.

Masks do nothing except show who amongst us has no capacity for individual thought

They didn't. They had a giant wave last year and a worse one right now. They fared exactly the same as everyone else. The only thing that changed was the timing and that was controlled mainly by seasonality.

In fact, iirc, their death rate is worse than ours.

Masks do nothing except show who amongst us has no capacity for individual thought
Their death rate is not that bad. In fact they are giving credit to masks wearing as a possible speculative reason as to why death rates are not that bad there.
But again, you cannot make a general conclusion as because cases have spiked, then masks don’t work. Again, but for masks perhaps the spike is even greater. Again, there could be another reason(s) that cases. For instance, they have seen a significant increase in cases among children and younger adults. Perhaps in these populations mask diligence is not as consistent or they engage in more risky behaviors. Who knows without looking at it. But again, a barrier over your mouth and nose if done properly and consistently is going to help in stopping the diffusion of particles and saliva from your mouth as well as help you in preventing your intake. Its simply common sense and physics.
This horse has now been beat to death. I will say no more about it.

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Their death rate is not that bad. In fact they are giving credit to masks wearing as a possible speculative reason as to why death rates are not that bad there.
But again, you cannot make a general conclusion as because cases have spiked, then masks don’t work. Again, but for masks perhaps the spike is even greater. Again, there could be another reason(s) that cases. For instance, they have seen a significant increase in cases among children and younger adults. Perhaps in these populations mask diligence is not as consistent or they engage in more risky behaviors. Who knows without looking at it. But again, a barrier over your mouth and nose if done properly and consistently is going to help in stopping the diffusion of particles and saliva from your mouth as well as help you in preventing your intake. Its simply common sense and physics.
This horse has now been beat to death. I will say no more about it.

Yes masks saving lives and stopping transmission! Of course! Completely zero data at all in 2 years to back it up..

Ya you should probably stop. I already embarrassed you enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT