ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Getting Mocked for Uncaged Cardinal Helmet

Tom Jurich never says no to cash.
exhibit 1 as proof of the above accurate statement:
CMdfczLUAAAYhgt.jpg

See the following article (and there are others) that state Addidas is trying to make UL it's "Oregon."
Awesome, to be made the champion of a dying company is quite an honor

I'll bet the last big customer of wagon wheels felt very proud at all the special designs that were made featuring them

All of my UL friends absolutely hate it...like f'ing hate it with a passion. Which makes me smile on the inside.

There's a difference between trying to stand out and standing out because everyone is laughing at you. UK's uniform was the best in the country for SC game. I too think we can get more creative but no to anything like this.

Adidas is marketing to a much smaller demo than Nike. They use their symbol as a makeshift pot leaf so it's no wonder ul is their flagship institution. Hell, if Texas prison system had endorsement for their football team it would be addidas

I actually think they are pretty awesome but I can certainly see where some don't like it. That said, it's not surprising that our rival fanbase doesn't like it. In the end it's about the recruits and they love this stuff. Adidas has made us their main focus and are trying to make us similar to Oregon. It's worked well for them and I have little doubt it will work well for us. No matter, they always look really good when we win.
You are full of shvt.

Gayer? Really?
The king's English BTW:

gay
[gey]

adjective, gayer, gayest.
of, relating to, or exhibiting sexualdesire or behavior directed toward aperson or persons of one's own sex;homosexual:
a gay couple.
Antonyms: straight.
of, indicating, or supporting homosexualinterests or issues:
a gay organization.

Not that there's anything wrong with it... For you.

Angry grandma sweater comment was funny. I think most people agree those helmets are ridiculous and look like really mad chickens more than cardinals.

That mad look bird on Louisville Helmet will match those U of L Fans face when Auburn destroy them.

Haha dude on the SEC Network just cracked a joke on their helmets too.

I actually think they are pretty awesome but I can certainly see where some don't like it. That said, it's not surprising that our rival fanbase doesn't like it. In the end it's about the recruits and they love this stuff. Adidas has made us their main focus and are trying to make us similar to Oregon. It's worked well for them and I have little doubt it will work well for us. No matter, they always look really good when we win.
Adidas must be desperate to make the ghetto commuter school their main focus. No wonder the prestige schools are leaving Adidas in droves.

Count me as a UK fan that absolutely loves the new look of the UL uniforms. I totally get why some may not like it, because it is not "traditional." I remember a lot of UK fans bemoaning the silver helmets UK used last year. Of course I loved them too. Addidas is going all out for UL and the recruits love that stuff. Does everyone remember how excited our guys were when they unveiled the black uniforms. Traditionalists be damned (unless you are an Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan team).

I think it would be awesome if we could get a little more creative on our uniforms too. Rebranding Kentucky Football in a new, futuristic way could go a long way.

Here is the two helmets for UL that I could find:

0ap3000000498887.jpg

And here is our awesome silver helmet:

usp_ncaa_football__south_carolina_at_kentucky_67789046.jpg
I just figured it out. They used Howie for the model. That's why its jowls are so pronounced. He must be so proud.

If you don't like these uniforms and you are a Card fan Jurich will yank your tickets and give them to some younger fair weather fan.

Reactions: JHB4UK

This makes fans of about 35 schools I've heard say "we're gonna be the next Oregon" with regard to uniforms. No you aren't and no recruits don't sign in Feb because of black uniforms or fancy helmets. How did Oklahoma States recruiting go after they went to a million uni combos? No difference.

Usually other teams uniforms and helmets have no effect on me but I will say that helmet reminded me of an advertisement of a Disney movie about a mad chicken who hates life. Wouldn't be my pick but I am glad that it belongs to ul.

If UofL is their main focus, with their 39M dollar deal then what is IU and their 53M Addidas deal?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport.../?hootPostID=adf4e91f20265801916b7552e081378a

Louisville receives more per year if I am not mistaken and at worse still Top 5 Nationally...IU has a longer deal with their being a 8 year deal while Louisville is a 5 year deal...basically IU is replacing Michigan which switched back to Nike...per year the 5 Richest Apparal deals are Notre Dame, Louisville, UCLA and Michigan.

So~ when is Louisville going to get Oregon'esque facilities?

So~ when is Louisville going to get Oregon'esque facilities?

They are working on it...remember Stadium expansion and just a hunch that is part of it...remember huge infusion of cash going from the BIG EAST/AAC to the ACC...Maybe not as good as Alabama, Tennessee or Oregon but do you doubt Jurich ability to get something done on that front...less than 20 years ago Louisville was playing in a Triple A Falling apart Baseball Park.

On the unis....have no issue with the jerseys and pants...but the Cardinal is pretty bad on the helmet...but if players and recruits like them I don't care.

Reactions: Turnerville
Adidas is more of a world brand, known more for soccer than anything. Some of the designs work and some don't. Personally, I liked the traditional look Strong went with.

Why would Louisville expand their stadium when they can't fill it now? Sounds like Jurich wants to waste more taxpayer money.

Why would Louisville expand their stadium when they can't fill it now? Sounds like Jurich wants to waste more taxpayer money.

They expanded it from 42K when they were getting 38K in the John L. Smith, First Bob Petrino and Kragthorpe eras to 55K and Louisville has averaged over 50K since expansion...with Clemson, Florida State and Notre Dame coming in you do it...plus it is a facility upgrade and would make UofL Stadium Capacity in line with the rest of the ACC like UNC, UVa and NC State which currently is 61 to 63K...

Also, the Clemson game is already sold out...

Last edited:
IU's new deal should put them in the Top 5 nationally now.

BLOOMINGTON — Indiana has extended its apparel contract with Adidas in a deal that will nearly double the company's annual payment to the Hoosiers from $3.7 million to $6.7 million, Director of Athletics Fred Glass confirmed to The Star on Monday.

According to IU, the deal worth $53.6 million over eight years is one of the five richest publicly known apparel deals in college athletics

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...ost-valuable-apparel-deals-in-college-sports/
Top-5-College-Apparel-Deals_large-1940x1386.png

IU's new deal should put them in the Top 5 nationally now.

BLOOMINGTON — Indiana has extended its apparel contract with Adidas in a deal that will nearly double the company's annual payment to the Hoosiers from $3.7 million to $6.7 million, Director of Athletics Fred Glass confirmed to The Star on Monday.

According to IU, the deal worth $53.6 million over eight years is one of the five richest publicly known apparel deals in college athletics

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...ost-valuable-apparel-deals-in-college-sports/
Top-5-College-Apparel-Deals_large-1940x1386.png

For Louisville the beauty is it a shorter deal and the floor has been set for the University...when it is up 3 years it should still be very competitive with the upper echelon with Notre Dame and Michigan in regards to apparel deals.

ADVERTISEMENT