ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Getting Mocked for Uncaged Cardinal Helmet

I believe UK ranks # 7 among all Nike contracts and would've been much higher with a better football product. IMO, Adidas overpaid for UL and IU but that was how desperate they were to keep them with UT and UM jumping ship. Kudo's to Jerkich for closing the deal....but if these are the uniforms they have to put up with for the length of the contract, they may regret it.....lol.

544701_611163777831_325336611_n.jpg

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Or silver bullets.

For Louisville the beauty is it a shorter deal and the floor has been set for the University...when it is up 3 years it should still be very competitive with the upper echelon with Notre Dame and Michigan in regards to apparel deals.

The beauty to me is that a has-been passed Louisville up regarding Adidas contracts. So much for being tFlagship. Guess Louisville isn't the focus of Adidas after all, huh @Petjurino? No more illusions of being Oregon junior.

College Spun ‏@CollegeSpun 18m18 minutes ago
Louisville Getting Mocked For “Uncaged” Cardinal Helmet http://collegespun.com/acc/louisville-big-east/louisville-getting-mocked-for-uncaged-cardinal-helmet…
It is a one game helmet and the players like it so who cares. Lots of fans make fun of the crap Nike comes up for Oregon but they still play well in it. The players these days like different looks.
The new UL deal with Stripes is they will get 3-4 uniform looks a season.

The beauty to me is that a has-been passed Louisville up regarding Adidas contracts. So much for being tFlagship. Guess Louisville isn't the focus of Adidas after all, huh @Petjurino? No more illusions of being Oregon junior.

You do understand Louisville makes more per year than anyone else outside of Notre Dame and Michigan...you also understand that two schools within 100 miles of Lexington receives more $$$$ than UK.

Louisville receives $7.9 Million per year from Adidas....Indiana slightly over $6 Million per year from Adidas

Reactions: Turnerville
Pretty childish to try and dismiss the financials in UL's Adidas deal. It's a great move for a program that just moved up to big conference football and as ugly as those uniforms are they're going to get noticed by recruits...

You do understand Louisville makes more per year than anyone else outside of Notre Dame and Michigan...you also understand that two schools within 100 miles of Lexington receives more $$$$ than UK.

Louisville receives $7.9 Million per year from Adidas....Indiana slightly over $6 Million per year from Adidas

None of that makes tacky look sharp. Angry Chickens may sell better than any fast food chain in America. Still looks silly.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2317

Myself as long as the players and recruits like them and Adidas is supplying and paying the athletics department extremely well that is all that matters...plus continue to win.

Hhhhmmmmm.

I suspect recruits are paying no attention to the Twitterverse jokes about the helmets and are defending that new hip mad chicken look. LOL

And, by your own claim, UL was raking in the cash better than anyone with the traditional look.

So, the crazed red hen is just fine? You claim to keep it real here. Not buying it.

Hhhhmmmmm.

I suspect recruits are paying no attention to the Twitterverse jokes about the helmets and are defending that new hip mad chicken look. LOL

And, by your own claim, UL was raking in the cash better than anyone with the traditional look.

So, the crazed red hen is just fine? You claim to keep it real here. Not buying it.

1. Actually read what I said about the helmet...don't like it...what I am saying is the players and recruits like them and from the time they came out the committed players did say they like the look...and as long as Adidas is compensating UofL well and as long as they are being talked about...fine by me...they will be on display for the entire nation to watch on CBS against Auburn.

2. Also, my claim which is based in fact is that Louisville per year income from their apparel deal is 3rd in the Nation behind Notre Dame UA Deal and Michigan Nike Deal.

3. But no...not defending the Angry Bird on the Helmet....not my style.

Last edited:
UL and Adidas are a match made in heaven. Both are little brothers that are always coming up with ridiculous ideas to say "hey look at me look at me! Are you looking at me yet?". Adidas has a serious case of little man complex

Reactions: Los Gatos
IU's new deal should put them in the Top 5 nationally now.

BLOOMINGTON — Indiana has extended its apparel contract with Adidas in a deal that will nearly double the company's annual payment to the Hoosiers from $3.7 million to $6.7 million, Director of Athletics Fred Glass confirmed to The Star on Monday.

According to IU, the deal worth $53.6 million over eight years is one of the five richest publicly known apparel deals in college athletics

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...ost-valuable-apparel-deals-in-college-sports/
Top-5-College-Apparel-Deals_large-1940x1386.png
I'm not buying that list either. You're saying that Oregon is not only not #1 but aren't even in the top 5. Ucla being bigger than usc?

I'm not buying that list either. You're saying that Oregon is not only not #1 but aren't even in the top 5. Ucla being bigger than usc?

It is reported by everyone....all the Sports and Financial Web Sites including ESPN, CBS, Forbes etc...etc...might not be what you believe but fact is Nike really doesn't pay that well outside of Michigan...Under Armour and Adidas right now are giving up very nice deals to Notre Dame, Louisville, Texas A&M and now Indiana....Hopefully for Kentucky sake your department can reach a good deal with Nike...I do wonder how much Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State would get when they are on the market.

Last edited:
1. Actually read what I said about the helmet...don't like it...what I am saying is the players and recruits like them and from the time they came out the committed players did say they like the look...and as long as Adidas is compensating UofL well and as long as they are being talked about...fine by me...they will be on display for the entire nation to watch on CBS against Auburn.

2. Also, my claim which is based in fact is that Louisville per year income from their apparel deal is 3rd in the Nation behind Notre Dame UA Deal and Michigan Nike Deal.

3. But no...not defending the Angry Bird on the Helmet....not my style.

Do you think kids who commit are going to say something bad about the helmet????? It would take a unique kid to admit as much. You have to agree on that. My informal market research has found no one I know, UL fans or otherwise, regardless of age, who like the helmets.

Do you think kids who commit are going to say something bad about the helmet????? It would take a unique kid to admit as much. You have to agree on that. My informal market research has found no one I know, UL fans or otherwise, regardless of age, who like the helmets.

Again I don't like the helmet either...but I also take ppl for their word...if someone approves of something including the Bird on the helmet so be it...

Because Nike holds all of the power. Do you want to be a cool school or wear ridiculous uniforms? Take this deal or go with the pet cemetery uniforms. UA and Adidas have to pay out the wazoo to keep themselves in college athletics. If the money was the same UA and Adidas would disappear because no school would pick them. Nike offers a recruiting advantage because kids like Nike. Ask Pitino he blames his poor recruiting on Adidas all the time

Because Nike holds all of the power. Do you want to be a cool school or wear ridiculous uniforms? Take this deal or go with the pet cemetery uniforms. UA and Adidas have to pay out the wazoo to keep themselves in college athletics. If the money was the same UA and Adidas would disappear because no school would pick them. Nike offers a recruiting advantage because kids like Nike. Ask Pitino he blames his poor recruiting on Adidas all the time

Hate to tell you this....College Basketball is a afterthought in College Athletics especially compared to Football...Under Armour is the one to watch especially with Notre Dame since UA is seen more as IMO Football based...Never forget Football drives the bus...as for Adidas they control Soccer..they aren't worried about $$$.

Last edited:
The last pair of Adidas shoes I wore were the first Kobe shoes that came out in 1996-97. Next time you're out around guys in the 17-22 age range look to see how many wear Adidas. That'll tell you all you need to know about how they feel about your uniforms and your Adidas deal

The last pair of Adidas shoes I wore were the first Kobe shoes that came out in 1996-97. Next time you're out around guys in the 17-22 age range look to see how many wear Adidas. That'll tell you all you need to know about how they feel about your uniforms and your Adidas deal

That fine...myself prefer UA Apparel...point being UofL, Indiana, Texas A&M now have very profitable deals with Adidas...those schools and Adidas are doing just fine.

Hate to tell you this....College Basketball is a afterthought in College Athletics especially compared to Football...Under Armour is the one to watch especially with Notre Dame since UA is seen more as IMO Football based...Never forget Football drives the bus...as for Adidas they control Soccer..they aren't worried about $$$.

Nike got the apparel deal with the NFL a couple years ago they dominate football as a sport. UA and Adidas aren't any threat to Nike it isn't just about college basketball

IU's new deal should put them in the Top 5 nationally now.

BLOOMINGTON — Indiana has extended its apparel contract with Adidas in a deal that will nearly double the company's annual payment to the Hoosiers from $3.7 million to $6.7 million, Director of Athletics Fred Glass confirmed to The Star on Monday.

According to IU, the deal worth $53.6 million over eight years is one of the five richest publicly known apparel deals in college athletics

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...ost-valuable-apparel-deals-in-college-sports/
Top-5-College-Apparel-Deals_large-1940x1386.png
MOD's please don't ban...Just let him be.
As he would use his almighty MOD powers to delete this on the linbeards site. Don't go to his level.

Reactions: WestCatFanOne
Willfully Blind by not liking-(myself ) the Uncaged Helmet...have you actually read what I said

Willfully blind is pretending that recruits like the helmet, that they would say something negative if they thought it and that income generated from Addidas actually justifies such an embarrassing emblem.

Pretty childish to try and dismiss the financials in UL's Adidas deal. It's a great move for a program that just moved up to big conference football and as ugly as those uniforms are they're going to get noticed by recruits...
uniform is nice...but there is no way a recruit is going to think that chicken looks "cool".
I really thought it was a joke a first...that is worse than the White Sox short pants experiment, and its up there with the unitard basketball uniform by NCState (BTW state fans...that was loooong ago...please don't "investigate" me...ty in advance)

Last edited:
Willfully blind is pretending that recruits like the helmet, that they would say something negative if they thought it and that income generated from Addidas actually justifies such an embarrassing emblem.

No...I take everyone for their word which is what many of them tweet out when they came out including current players...I can't tell anyone what their personal taste should be...but I do hold you accountable for what anyone would say...

uniform is nice...but there is now way a recruit is going to think that chicken looks "cool".
I really thought it was a joke a first...that is worse than the White Sox short pants experiment, and its up there with the unitard basketball uniform by NCState (BTW state fans...that was loooong ago...please don't "investigate" me...ty in advance)

That was the era of Biker Shorts...

uniform is nice...but there is now way a recruit is going to think that chicken looks "cool".

The bird is a bad look...but hey I'm one of the few that doesn't like the Birds with Teeth...now the Soaring Wing Cardinal Undergarment with the English L would have looked much better on the helmet.

Can someone from UL explain the "Uncaged"?

I understand the premise, but have never seen were you all had a caged bird?

Is it like...free to fly...spreading our wings....open air worms for all?

The only thing they need to do is replace the facemask with metal bars.....so the players would feel more at home.

No...I take everyone for their word which is what many of them tweet out when they came out including current players...I can't tell anyone what their personal taste should be...but I do hold you accountable for what anyone would say...

So, the guy that lives in the neighborhood but has no job, but has big toys and has a lot of traffic to his house daily tells you he is not a drug dealer. It probably is just good to believe him. :)

So, the guy that lives in the neighborhood but has no job, but has big toys and has a lot of traffic to his house daily tells you he is not a drug dealer. It probably is just good to believe him. :)

Or he could be a day trader-(Stock)...one thing I learned never judge a book by its cover.

Again I take everyone for their word until proven otherwise...Also to your scenario not a fan of profiling ppl.

Reactions: midniter
Or he could be a day trader-(Stock)...one thing I learned never judge a book by its cover.

Again I take everyone for their word until proven otherwise...Also to your scenario not a fan of profiling ppl.

You are the prime example of the willfully blind. It serves your desire to think recruits like the angry chicken, even though they have more motivation than you to pretend it is cool when they actually believe otherwise. And, to that, it is not the committed kids you want, but those yet to commit. But, if you want to pretend that is a good reason for UL to be mocked ...

And, by your definition of profiling (as In a law enforcement use) would save us a bunch of money, because we could never rely upon valid known clues to suspect someone of a crime. We could shut down a bunch of state and federal investigative agencies. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT