ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Dillingham is a lock

Kyle Tucker has reported Dillingham will be at Kentucky next season, those rumors were simply just speculation.
It's a bit more than speculation but it also wasn't as dire as some were making it. Never heard that he wasn't/isn't coming...but it's the Dillingham roller coaster ride and a lot of people are hoping for it to go off the rails.

But for what reason RalphD? Why would they wish ill for the kid?
Some are bitter because he didn't choose their school or decommitted (NC State). Some want to be proven correct about speculating on a guy's character. It's just how fans are. Other people who are deeper involved think they know what's best for someone and get upset when things go in another direction. Several things factor in. Some may have missed out on what they thought was a payday they'd be getting off being associated with him at the time.

He’d worn a blue T-shirt under his jersey during the OTE combine, where scouts from almost every NBA franchise watched Dillingham dazzle in drills, three-on-three and five-on-five competitions. Afterward, he pulled down his collar to reveal the white lettering on his undershirt: UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY. He grinned. While still declining to be quoted, he did confirm that he’s on track to graduate high school in May and enroll with the rest of UK’s freshmen in early June. He’s still active in a group text chat with his future teammates.

He’s excited to play with three of them — DJ Wagner, Justin Edwards and Aaron Bradshaw — at the Iverson Classic all-star game on April 29 after being snubbed by the McDonald’s All-American game due to his OTE affiliation. Dillingham also sounded excited about playing for Kentucky when the team travels to Toronto in July for an exhibition tournament against international competition.

All of that to say: Yes, he’s still coming. And that’s all Dillingham wanted to say for now.

This can’t be true. What about the posters that said he wasn’t coming and spewed hatred at cal for getting played again? Will any of those people come on this thread and say “sorry, I was wrong?”

Reactions: Greatestalltime
Been a long time since we’ve had a backcourt as nasty as Dillingham and Wagner. Maybe Fox and Monk. Guards win titles. We’ve got some good ones coming in. Let’s hope their coach doesn’t ruin them.

He's ruined so many of these 5 star guards. Will he EVER get anyone into the pro's ?????

Yeah anytime a kid goes to a Kanye west school and has gone to multipe schools in a short span there are going to be questions about Said players eligibility. It’s good news to here but until he steps foot on campus I’m not fully believing it
Agree.

People have no clue wtf they are talking about with Dillingham other than the fact he had a roller coaster ride of a high school career. Making up crap based off of that doesn't make it insight or insider information, whatever the person who started it is trying to pawn it off as. He's been a lock ever since he committed.

As for the basketball there is no doubt about his talent. It's off the charts and he's not afraid to show off what he can do or back it up and then tell you about it. About time we had another fantastic recruiting class like this put together. Still would like to keep Reeves and add one more guy who can play D and make the open shot, though. We can't be having depth issues at the guard spot.

In watching the tourney and the teams that made it far or to the finals, they had guards who could handle the ball, get to the basket, and score with contact at crunch time. Let's hope these two Freshman can do that in college.

People have no clue wtf they are talking about with Dillingham other than the fact he had a roller coaster ride of a high school career. Making up crap based off of that doesn't make it insight or insider information, whatever the person who started it is trying to pawn it off as. He's been a lock ever since he committed.

As for the basketball there is no doubt about his talent. It's off the charts and he's not afraid to show off what he can do or back it up and then tell you about it. About time we had another fantastic recruiting class like this put together. Still would like to keep Reeves and add one more guy who can play D and make the open shot, though. We can't be having depth issues at the guard spot.
Travis Graf was actually the one who first mentioned problems.

Yes, he made them what they are today, that is why so many come back and attend games and practices. He saved so many careers that they are so thankful they donate money to the program.
Ulis even sneaks onto the bench.

Shoot me an example of one saying he ruined or even mis-used him. I’ll wait..

Reactions: University-6
We lose way more good players than we get. Do you not pay attention? This class is the exception, not the rule with our idiotic coach and the way he builds a roster. Geez.
Cal is the best recruiter ever at UK. There’s certainly a case to made against his in game coaching or head scratching substitution patterns/lineups but the guy can recruit.

These dang kids keep defying that "nobody wants to play for Calipari" sewage.
Cal is still very much a players coach and I think kids love playing for him or we wouldn't keep getting good recruits. The ones that don't like playing for him are the ones that get recruited over. So in that respect there are some kids that don't like playing for him.

Reactions: NC Weasel
He's ruined so many of these 5 star guards. Will he EVER get anyone into the pro's ?????
At this point, WHO CARES if Cal “gets anyone in the pro’s”????!!!!

I care how these kids make UK better and give us a shot at another NCAA Title. Shaedon Sharpe is tearing it up in the NBA, but that got UK NOTHING!!

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Ulis even sneaks onto the bench.

Shoot me an example of one saying he ruined or even mis-used him. I’ll wait..
Bryce Hopkins stated as such this year. He’s not in the NBA at the moment but certainly one player that has spoken about his time at UK.

Cal is still very much a players coach and I think kids love playing for him or we wouldn't keep getting good recruits. The ones that don't like playing for him are the ones that get recruited over. So in that respect there are some kids that don't like playing for him.
Yeah but I constantly read that nobody wants to play for him. “Nobody” is at least the majority, which again is sewage commentary.

This can’t be true. What about the posters that said he wasn’t coming and spewed hatred at cal for getting played again? Will any of those people come on this thread and say “sorry, I was wrong?”
But you aren’t part of the “brigade”? Lol. Just messing with you (sorta).

I’m not sure I’ve commented on Dillingham at all but Im hesitant to get pumped about him.

Wagner and Edwards I’m all in on. The other freshmen, I’ll just say I hope we land some nice portal guys soon.

Super excited to watch this dude. If the whole eligibility rumor never came up I think he would have people much higher on him.

Kid can ball. Plus he is FUN to watch play basketball.

Reactions: gharding07
In watching the tourney and the teams that made it far or to the finals, they had guards who could handle the ball, get to the basket, and score with contact at crunch time. Let's hope these two Freshman can do that in college.
I hear you. I really like the skills of Wagner, Dillingham and Shepherd. But I'm not confident about the scoring with contact yet. UK may need a work around for that part. Although, to be fair, Reeves was terrible scoring with contact and he was an upperclassman.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT