ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard ...

Bluesbrother

Junior
May 23, 2002
needs to DEMAND the damn ball. Dillingham played like a circus clown tonight. Sheppard shoots the three at over 50% from behind the arch and his teammates won't look for him when they need him the most. Dillingham completely OUT OF CONTROL and that's on Calipari. This is a team built on DISFUNCTION starting with the coaching staff. I feel sorry for all the fans that spent their hard-earned cash on hotels, travel, meals, tickets to watch this UK coaching staff and team "return to the mean" ... because it's who they are. That late season string of wins was the deviation from the mean. Calipari's statements like "we're built for March" is laughable. This team was NOT prepared to beat even a BAD Texas A&M team coached by a spectacled gopher meme. They will be lucky to be a 5 seed in the next tournament where they will once again experience an early exit. It's been said so many times, because it's true, this ... is NOT Kentucky basketball. Be sure and remember what SAM BOWIE said ... because IT'S TRUE.

needs to DEMAND the damn ball. Dillingham played like a circus clown tonight. Sheppard shoots the three at over 50% from behind the arch and his teammates won't look for him when they need him the most. Dillingham completely OUT OF CONTROL and that's on Calipari. This is a team built on DISFUNCTION starting with the coaching staff. I feel sorry for all the fans that spent their hard-earned cash on hotels, travel, meals, tickets to watch this UK coaching staff and team "return to the mean" ... because it's who they are. That late season string of wins was the deviation from the mean. Calipari's statements like "we're built for March" is laughable. This team was NOT prepared to beat even a BAD Texas A&M team coached by a spectacled gopher meme. They will be lucky to be a 5 seed in the next tournament where they will once again experience an early exit. It's been said so many times, because it's true, this ... is NOT Kentucky basketball. Be sure and remember what SAM BOWIE said ... because IT'S TRUE.
You are kidding right? Dillingham had 27 not sure what u was watching. Reed is excellent but is to passive at times. The main reason is our bigs did nothing to help stop the drive it was like a rerun play after play

This has to be a troll post, right???

This has to be a troll post, right???
Considering they were not going to play defense ... we needed clean high percentage shots to begin to cut into that lead, Dillingham decided he was going to take every ill-advised circus shot in the book which resulted in turnovers or misses, at critical moments, when we needed scores. Does that sound like I'm a troll? It's not about who scores the most individual points ... it's about efficient possessions each trip down the floor ... I think it's the result of something fans call "coaching".

Reactions: catzcan
Considering they were not going to play defense ... we needed clean high percentage shots to begin to cut into that lead, Dillingham decided he was going to take every ill-advised circus shot in the book which resulted in turnovers or misses, at critical moments, when we needed scores. Does that sound like I'm a troll? It's not about who scores the most individual points ... it's about efficient possessions each trip down the floor ... I think it's the result of something fans call "coaching".
Rob was 9-19 from the field. That's a pretty damn good percentage.

Last edited:
This is false. Reed was too passive. Rob was left holding the bag to make something happen by our absurd offense and Reeds lack of attacking the the basket. He disappeared.

7jQOxTH.png

Reactions: chevyman 50
Nobody considers conf tournament as a meaningful tournament. Nobody
It's March but the conference tournament isn't part of that statement. As long as the sec refs are around this is what UK will get

This is false. Reed was too passive. Rob was left holding the bag to make something happen by our absurd offense and Reeds lack of attacking the the basket. He disappeared. The damm high screen needs to be set by another guard if we are not going to be able to handle the big double team on the ball.

You are kidding right? Dillingham had 27 not sure what u was watching. Reed is excellent but is to passive at times. The main reason is our bigs did nothing to help stop the drive it was like a rerun play after play
How many shots and turnovers did Dillingham have in order to score 27? TAM shut down any semblance of offensive flow that we were trying to run so all we were left with was Dilly going out of control trying to make something happen.

Rob was 14-29 from the field. That's a pretty damn good percentage.
Poor shot selection and execution when we needed it the most ... lead to bad misses or turnovers. Oh, did I mention no defense? Sheppard and several others need to grow a set but that's water under the bridge. This team isn't going to win anything but some on this team think they're gonna be NBA millionaires in a few months. DRAFT NIGHT ... can't wait.

Wagner DOES NOT pass it to Reed when he is wide open. Consistently see this.

Wagner is an OVC type player. I’m sure a good kid, I wish him the best, but Cal wanted him to be the next great PG in his belt and it’s just not there and here we are with potentially one game left and Cals still forcing the issue.

The irony is, Cal had his next great PG the whole time and made him a 6th man, ran no plays for him, and got his feathers ruffled anytime the spotlight shined too bright on him.

Last edited:
This is false. Reed was too passive. Rob was left holding the bag to make something happen by our absurd offense and Reeds lack of attacking the the basket. He disappeared.
Well ... I think I said Reed needs to DEMAND the ball. Yes ... that's a problem. None of what ails this team will be fixed before the next loss. We need a new coach ... a whole slew of them and an AD. Speaking of disappearing, Justin Edwards says hello.

Definitely too passive today, but far from "terrible." Now Edwards, Mitchell, and Wagner? They were terrible.
Well yeah if you’re comparing him to them but by reed standards he wasn’t good. He left points on the table many times passing up open shots. But yeah Mitchell level is pretty difficult for him to obtain. Would probably have to play with out a limb to be in that category.

Poor shot selection and execution when we needed it the most ... lead to bad misses or turnovers. Oh, did I mention no defense? Sheppard and several others need to grow a set but that's water under the bridge. This team isn't going to win anything but some on this team think they're gonna be NBA millionaires in a few months. DRAFT NIGHT ... can't wait.
Did I mention Rob led the team I'm assists? Because he did. Tbf, he also led in turnovers, but only because he was trying to make something happen.

Reactions: mattrudd
Him passing up that wide-open corner transition three would have been a much bigger deal if the other guard didn't hit it right after (forget who hit it).

Everyone looked off tonight, even Reed. There were times this game were I was reminded that Reed doesn't quite have the elite athleticism. Watching TAM do that 3 on 1 pass-pass-layup on him.. he looked like a kid.

I think the whole team and staff overlooked this game.

Nobody considers conf tournament as a meaningful tournament. Nobody
It's March but the conference tournament isn't part of that statement. As long as the sec refs are around this is what UK will get
I agree that the officiating was atrocious but blue bloods will rise above bad calls and win anyway. UK does not play like blue bloods because we're not ... not for many years now.

Reactions: mattrudd
Him passing up that wide-open corner transition three would have been a much bigger deal if the other guard didn't hit it right after (forget who hit it).

Everyone looked off tonight, even Reed. There were times this game were I was reminded that Reed doesn't quite have the elite athleticism. Watching TAM do that 3 on 1 pass-pass-layup on him.. he looked like a kid.

I think the whole team and staff overlooked this game.
And if they overlooked them it’s crazy since we lost to them already .

I will say this we always struggle when facing guards like Wade and Radford . Those guys are in constant attack mode .

Did I mention Rob led the team I'm assists? Because he did. Tbf, he also led in turnovers, but only because he was trying to make something happen.
One guy can't get it done alone. Pete Maravich could never do it and he was the best. Rupp didn't even try to game plan to "try" to stop Maravich ... he just stopped the other 4 guys and let Pete have his points. A winning strategy ... it's what great coaches do. Cal just fights with the refs ... ALL NIGHT LONG. That's a losing strategy ... and it worked out perfectly.

I have said all along that I really think Cal has a problem with Reed. I think he resents the fact that Reed is so good...better than his 5 stars. Cal know he has to play him because it would be too obvious if he didn't and you know that pisses Cal off. He had it set that Edwards and Wagner were starters and going to be drafted high. Now that Reed is projected higher than those two, I wonder if Cal is about to explode? Maybe that's why no plays are drawn up for him and he doesn't compliment Reed very often. I think Cal thought okay here is a four star, in state kid. He is probably pretty good enough to make the fans happy and I'll go with my draft guys. Then when things turned out differently, well...

Sorry for rambling again.

Dream scenario cal us fired. Reed decides to stay bc UK hires pitino.
Cal will be remembered as Coach Squander. I would take Pitino back in a second to undo the damage Cal has done and take all the time necessary to then replace Pitino when he decides to retire. Cal is poison ... since 2015. He's a terrible coach and administrator. It's really sad to even write those words but it's just time to move on. Enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT